Field Herping Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Field Herping Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

NICKNAME   Dane_Zoo   Fedupdon   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

NICKNAME
View Profile

Night herping in everglades park warning

we went to everglades ntnlpark ( you pay a toll , and it`s a 35 mile road to flamingo)
we were cruising down the road . we saw a couple water snakes , a dead cotton-mouth , loads of frogs , and a baby turtle
cop pulled us over . told us she saw us using a spot light .
we weren`t at all , but we had one in the back of the car.
she made us get out and search our car , and found the spot light " what`s this sir?"
i , my wife and son , kept telling her we were`nt using the spot light . we were just taking pictures of what we saw.
she gave us a $250 ticket for "spot-lighting"!
i`m not a kid . i`m 48 , my wife was with me , and my 17 year old son .we werein nice s.u.v.we were dressed nice
it sucks to teach your kid to listen and not argue with a cop if they pull you over .
and than they blatantly lie , and give you a ticket for something you didn`t do .
it ruined a nice night of road herping.
i mean this is everglades national park . you pay $10 bucks to get in ,and observe the wildlife in their natural habitat
and you think i will have anyluck going to court and saying the cop lied?

05/06/07  12:04pm

Dane_Zoo
View Profile

Message To: NICKNAME   In reference to Message Id: 1271818

i wouldnt just outand say the cop lied just maybe tell them what happened in a nice tone

05/06/07  02:42pm

Fedupdon
View Profile

Message To: Dane_Zoo   In reference to Message Id: 1271959

Doesn’t surprise me nag parks are off limits for anyone with herping gear lights books bags anything that can be used to catch or harasses wildlife will get you a ticket

10/13/14  05:58am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: NICKNAME   In reference to Message Id: 1271818

Most cops try to ruin everything for us herp lovers...one time a while back a cop tries to take my adult burm but was disappointed to find out I was grandfathered and he was in the proper care. So speak to the judge In a good manner about because I did and showed proof and I was okay. I told him you can’t fool a teenager who’s been caring for these animals since I was little.

10/13/14  07:36am

Back to Field Herping Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area