Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Fence Lizards Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Fence Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

LadySerah24   PumpkinFly   LadySerah24   LadySerah24   LadySerah24  

Member  Message

LadySerah24
View Profile

Something is wrong with my Fence Lizard!!!

Hey everyone! So I have 2 Western Fence Lizards and they have been happy and healthy for the about 6 months I have had them. That is until recently when I noticed my male lizard has slowed down and wasnt moving much, not eating that much. I don’t believe its MBD because when I pick him up he will still move around. Then I noticed these little red dots all over his body. Behind his rear legs I noticed these black and red growths. They are around his eyes and inside the holes behind his eyes as well. He seems like he is having trouble breathing as well. About 2 times every 2-4 mins he will take big gulps of air. Unless I pet him or pick him up, he hardly moves on his own. He wont burrow under the sand and I havent seen him eat in the past couple days. I have tried to research it but there isn’t much info on Western Fences. I really care for these lizards and it would kill me to watch him slowly die. Please, if you have any idea of what it might be, please reply!
Thank you for your time!

10/02/16  08:39am

PumpkinFly
View Profile

Message To: LadySerah24   In reference to Message Id: 2319559

It sounds like it could be mites. Are you able to post picture of your lizard?

10/02/16  02:31pm

LadySerah24
View Profile

Message To: PumpkinFly   In reference to Message Id: 2319560

How do I post pictures?

10/02/16  05:10pm

LadySerah24
View Profile

So after researching mites, im positive thats what he has. I wiped him down with a wet qtip and have removed the majority of the bigger ones. What is the treatment for the mites?

10/02/16  06:37pm

LadySerah24
View Profile

So im pretty positive it is mites. I used a damp Q-tip and wipes him down and a bunch of the bigger ones came off. Still tons of tiny ones though. What is the treatment for them?

10/03/16  11:56am

Back to Fence Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area