Fence Lizards Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Fence Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Karmiical   Karmiical  

Member  Message

Karmiical
View Profile

Baby lizard help!!!

Alrighty, so this morning I found a baby fence lizard, only 2 inches (inc. tail), I set him free but later today I found my idiot dog chowing down on him. I again, took the baby from him and let him go outside of my yard. My dog broke the lizard’s leg and ate his tail. I went back outside 10 mins later to find my dog with the lizard again. Im guessing the lizard decided to run home and my dog snatched him up again. I brought the little bub inside and I just now noticed he has a scratch on his belly. He’s walking around but sluggishly considering his injuries. I have a 20 gallon terrarium from when my beardie was a baby but im wondering if that would be ok for him? Im also wondering what to feed him. I heard fruit flies, baby crickets, and jumping spiders would work but I thought I would ask just in case. Also, does he need special lighting? I got the basics from other sites but thats for adults and I just need to know about baby care as I couldnt find anything to help. Right now he’s in a critter keeper with eco earth coconut fiber substrate. Is that safe for them? I use it for my female chameleon but again, i dont know if its safe for fenced lizards..

Note; please dont leave comments about letting him go or that i shouldnt have him if i dont know how to care for him.. I tried letting him go twice and look how that ended.

07/01/16  05:00pm

Karmiical
View Profile

Message To: Karmiical   In reference to Message Id: 2318996

Baby lizard help!!!

Thought I would add. The leg is literally mangled. The lower half is caked in blood and the paw/hand whatever is smushed, fingers twisting in random directions. It drags when the lizard walks.

07/01/16  06:13pm

Back to Fence Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area