Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Fence Lizards Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Fence Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Sacredorigin   Sacredorigin   Jinete   Bluebellyluver2009   Bluebellyluver2009   JosieWi   Lizard care#1  

Member  Message

Sacredorigin
View Profile

WFL Fence lizard rescued- eyes closed issue- please help!

Please help. I found a WFL that was acting blind and or disoriented. He /She has shut eyes, and they appear swollen or just not right. on very rare occassions hes opened one eye so i know he has eyes. I did google searches and im thinking infection. So i put teramyacin on his eyes last couple of days...and still no luck. I am feeding him dead bugs that they eat but im not one to kill live bugs. I ordred freeze dried meal worms to keep him alive till i can rehab him and release... what can i do..do wild life rehabs help them? or whats going on with his eyes? i can post a pict tomorrow...these lizards are intelligent and awesome and i want to help get him/her better for release. Any suggestions? Should i keep applying the teramyacin cream?

04/13/15  08:53pm

Sacredorigin
View Profile

Message To: Sacredorigin   In reference to Message Id: 2313175

ok how do i delete my account?.. obviously no one is going to reply to this and its a dead forum.. ahhaah talking to myself cause no one will answer.

04/17/15  09:24am

Jinete
View Profile

Message To: Sacredorigin   In reference to Message Id: 2313222

Let’s see a pic.

04/29/15  12:17pm

Bluebellyluver2009
View Profile

Hi there :) Yes I know these forums can be quite dead at times. However, I just so happened to be looking up blue belly info when I saw your question. Sounds like its an infection, there was someone else who had this same problem a while ago. I think their posting is still up. It even has pictures. The person took the lizard to a vet, and confirmed it was indeed infection. I think you gotta "soak" your lizard in some luke warm water and help clean up the eyes with a wet Q-tip. This will also help loosen/dissolve any gunk that could be on the poor guys eyes.
Anyways, that posting was about a blue belly so I would look for it.
Hope that helps! Good luck!

05/02/15  10:16pm

Bluebellyluver2009
View Profile

hey so the forum I was referring to is here Link <---- Click

05/02/15  11:16pm

JosieWi
View Profile

Message To: Bluebellyluver2009   In reference to Message Id: 2313487

Hi. OMGosh, I am sorry to hear that your little WFL has a problem with his eyes. Also that noone comes here anymore. I have been checking in for months and never a string to read. Anyways, I would start by holding live crickets to his face for him to munch rather than the dead or dried bugs. And I don’t know about the WFL but the EFL should not be kept with sand as that can cause digestive problems and I suppose that could make his little eyes worse. I use ecoearth. I guess I would try to just maybe very gently run a little water over his eyes from time to time.

I wish I could give you some information that would really help you, these are just ideas. I hope you can help him. Please let me know.

05/03/15  08:17pm

Lizard care#1
View Profile

he could be injured from a fight with another lizard or got attacked by a animal but dont worry they have other options like bats the can smell and detect thermal energy

07/31/15  11:05pm

Back to Fence Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area