Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Fence Lizards Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Fence Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

SDWinchester   Kelso reptiles   SDWinchester   Kelso reptiles   LizardLoverGirls   LizardLoverGirls   SDWinchester   LizardLoverGirls  

Member  Message

SDWinchester
View Profile

My little babies

Just wanted to post some pictures of the current habitat of my 2 rescued baby fence lizards.. I believe they are both female, but am still not 100% sure.. They are eating pinheads regularly and I’ve even seen them drink a few droplets of water off the leaves and love the heat lamp.. so yay!

[URL=http://s77.photobucket.com/user/BDopp316/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0784_zpsjyj0lkmq.jpg.html]

[/URL]

[URL=http://s77.photobucket.com/user/BDopp316/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0768_zpswwgpwi1l.jpg.html]

[/URL]

07/05/14  02:46pm

Kelso reptiles
View Profile

Message To: SDWinchester   In reference to Message Id: 2306749

My little babies

what kind of sand is that....??? is it calci-sand, reptisand, or any sand from a pet store, if so take it out immediately, that stuff causes impaction and binds up their stomach and can kill them.
the best sand too use is washed play sand or finely sifted (through a screen) sand from outside where you found them.

07/05/14  03:39pm

SDWinchester
View Profile

Message To: Kelso reptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2306750

My little babies

Yeah I was reading that.. it’s sand from my front yard where I found them.. I washed it and strained it.. I figure if they were ok living around it, it would be ok in the habitat..

07/05/14  06:44pm

Kelso reptiles
View Profile

Message To: SDWinchester   In reference to Message Id: 2306755

My little babies

oh ok just checking... it almost looks like calci-sand, which is very bad for reptiles despite being sold in reptile stores and pet stores

07/05/14  10:26pm

LizardLoverGirls
View Profile

Message To: Kelso reptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2306760

My little babies

Fence Lizzie’s I love that type of lizard I have two one female one male and boom the female is pregnant!!! ( I’m not kidding )

07/07/14  07:05am

LizardLoverGirls
View Profile

Message To: Kelso reptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2306760

My little babies

And thank you!!!!! For someone being on the fence lizard forim

07/07/14  07:06am

SDWinchester
View Profile

Message To: LizardLoverGirls   In reference to Message Id: 2306824

My little babies

I had them a lot when I was a kid, but that was in the early 90s. Seems the information available has come a long way. I was amazed lol.

Little update: My boyfriend and I decided to name the one without a tail Nubbins and the other one Sandy Cheeks, because it seems to love the water and the trip back to the basking spot through the sand gives it a temporary coating of sand..They both seem to be doing wonderfully. Both have really healthy appetites and are insanely energetic. They make me tired just watching them.

I haven’t started to really handle them yet except to clean the cage. I want to handle them, but because they are so young I’m worried about stressing them out..

07/13/14  09:43am

LizardLoverGirls
View Profile

Message To: SDWinchester   In reference to Message Id: 2307177

My little babies

Well what till they are happy and stick you finger in their face...if it bits its not ready if I doesn’t bite then boom you can hold it

07/14/14  07:48am

Back to Fence Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area