Fence Lizards Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Fence Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

AlSam   LizardLoverGirls  

Member  Message

AlSam
View Profile

Some questions

Hello, I’m new in the forum and I wanted to see if anyone would be willing to answer some questions or give me some tips about my beloved blue belly; she’s a female, of her age I am not sure, she is around 8 centimeters long without counting her tail. Ever since I got her (buying her) around the past September I’ve been feeding her meal-worms, because it was impossible for me to get crickets or any other kind of insects, recently I got some crickets, I got her the smallest I could find and I put two on her small tank, I think she ate one only.

I’ve been feeding her as I read in the web: "what she wants to eat in 5 minutes" when feeding her meal worms, at first she ate around 8 meal worms every three days, now she eats 1 or 2 daily. She defecates once or twice a week.

I keep her clean and give her warm, careful, small baths when she is dirty or when she hasn’t defecated (read that in the Internet as an advice for the owner of a lizard that had not pooped in a week or more).

She’s mostly always with me, perched on my shirt, climbing over my head of jumping around near my computer, I let her take the sun directly for around 30 minutes to 2 hours a day, I don’t own a warm light but two veterinarians told me that the climate of where I live makes it rather useless.

This little one is very used to being handled and seems happy to climb every human around.

I try to always keep a small plate of water in her tank (where I only put her when I have to sleep), the tank if fairly small but its walls are covered in rocks she can climb, it’s a 2 1/2 one and she’s there only at nights. I try to give her water in drops, she drinks every 2-3 days.

Is there anything I’m missing?

What signs do I have to look out for?

05/05/14  11:51pm

LizardLoverGirls
View Profile

Message To: AlSam   In reference to Message Id: 2305010

Some questions

You look fine

06/16/14  07:19am

Back to Fence Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area