Feeder Food Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Feeder Food Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Misswaggys   Three   Puddy   Rokdog   Puddy  

Member  Message

Misswaggys
View Profile

Roaches... Yum Yum

Hi Guys, Ive been looking at food for beardies and apparently roaches have more nutritional value and dont smell as much as crickets (if at all). The best roaches I’ve found so far are Dubia Roaches and I just wondered if anyone had any experience with them, and could give me some advice as I intend on breeding them (apparently it’s easy as long as they are old enough, have food and warmth). So any advice or tips? Just post, or let me know through PM or something :)

( and yes Ive also posted this on Beardie forum - sorry if anyone thinks its spam :P )

05/09/10  04:33pm

Three
View Profile

Message To: Misswaggys   In reference to Message Id: 2146317

Roaches... Yum Yum

Hey jerry here from the productive roach.I have alot of experiance with b.dubia.The way I keep and breed are as follows.For explosive growth,and fast breeding is heat,85-90 degrees is a great temp.I use flex-watt heat tape you can purchase that online,and you can get that at ant length that you may need.just use gorilla tape and tape it to the bottom of a rubbermaid tub,from wal-mart(35 gal.).cut a hole in the lid and glue some fine screen over the hole.you will want a reo-stat,which controls how hot the heat tape gets.I grind up dog food and mix powdered milk and give to them in a small bowl.Also use watercrystals to keep roaches from drowning.on the inside of the bin put packing tape on the sides of the (inside)to avoid those that get lucky to climb.yes it is very true that roaches are very nutrisious,when you get a colony up and cycling you will not have to buy feeders again.If interested in any check my add The productive roach.god bless

11/13/10  04:36pm

Puddy
View Profile

Message To: Three   In reference to Message Id: 2187307

Roaches... Yum Yum

Hi
I just started here
About those creepy roaches.make my skin crawl.the little ones monotonous too bad but them big ones.what happens if they get out? Do they infest your home?

03/09/12  01:19pm

Rokdog
View Profile

Message To: Puddy   In reference to Message Id: 2258211

Roaches... Yum Yum

if dubia are able to get out and infest your home , then its your fault though you must have alot of money to keep your house at a steady temp of 88* - 95* degrees, so paying for an exterminator would be no problem.

03/09/12  02:15pm

Puddy
View Profile

Message To: Rokdog   In reference to Message Id: 2258220

Roaches... Yum Yum

Thanksmy gecko doesn’t seem to like these either

03/11/12  03:38pm

Back to Feeder Food Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area