Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Feeder Food Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Feeder Food Forum

AmberEyes   GotFrogz   AmberEyes   Greenandscalyanoles2   Katnapper   Dociledragons   Newtbaby10   DesertRed  
 Member  Message

AmberEyes
View Profile

Help, crickets everywere

i have 3000 crickets loose in my apparment how doi catch them all? make traps for them, anything short of a bug bomb, i have 2 rats, a kitten, and a bearded dragon who are helping so please no poison.

my brother did it as a joke but now they are chewing trew stuff i need to get them FAST.

09/06/08  01:59pm

GotFrogz
View Profile

Message To: AmberEyes   In reference to Message Id: 1852818

Help, crickets everywere

umm well you can always buy lizards they will eat the crickets and then you will have a lizard problem instead of a cricket problem LOL!

I smell revenge in the air for your brother LOL.

Good Luck

-Michelle

09/07/08  09:07pm

AmberEyes
View Profile

Message To: GotFrogz   In reference to Message Id: 1854048

Help, crickets everywere

yeah i’m thinking pink hair dye but i;m open to suggestions.ASZ

09/08/08  05:28pm

Greenandscalyanoles2
View Profile

Message To: AmberEyes   In reference to Message Id: 1854669

Help, crickets everywere

Smash every cricket you see!!!

10/18/08  07:25pm

Katnapper
View Profile

Message To: AmberEyes   In reference to Message Id: 1852818

Help, crickets everywere

Put out containers that the crickets can find and get into... with food crickets like, like some apple or potato slices inside. Also put some empty paper towel or toilet paper roll tubes in there for them to hide out in... or crumpled newspaper if you don’t have any. Put a heating pad under the containers if you can. Hopefully you can collect and then contain them all eventually! Good luck!!!

10/23/08  11:06pm

Dociledragons
View Profile

Message To: Katnapper   In reference to Message Id: 1886572

Help, crickets everywere

well.. the good news is they will die in a couple of week if not feed. you can use that sticky tape stuff they use for mice.

are they contained in your room.?

02/07/10  07:44pm

Newtbaby10
View Profile

Message To: Dociledragons   In reference to Message Id: 2121308

Help, crickets every were

They WILL breed, They WILL get into YOUR food. I had the same problem, it never fully goes away. My cricket box somehow got dumped, and although only about 50 small crickets escaped, they multiplied, fast. Every time I saw a cricket for the next 2 years, I captured it (by hand) and put it in one of my many animal cages. I have 7 cats, so they also helped with the pest problem. Traps never worked for me, so I just had to live with them, and yes, I still do see crickets around the house. They repopulate like crazy when they have a big open space, tons of hiding places, unlimited food. Also, If you can, turn the heat off on a cold night, Maybe, 50 degrees. This will wipe them out, that is, if your willing to live a whole night without heat. Plus your animals, it depends. They may have to have there heating pads on all night, Your energy bill will go up, while your heating bill goes down. Good luck with the crickets! at least you won’t have to buy anymore, just look under your couch every time your lizards are hungry!

05/19/10  02:36pm

DesertRed
View Profile

Message To: Newtbaby10   In reference to Message Id: 2148781

Help, crickets every were

I have the same problem Today i got home and my cats had managed to knock over my cricket box and now there are 4500 of them running around. in the last few hours i have had success with sticky pads from the hardware store est 500kills my 2 cats est70 kills, my hand est 382kills but the bread winner is my shopvac est 1300 kills. but im only half way there.( i guess the good news is the apartment is about to get a through cleaning)

05/19/10  09:53pm

Back to Feeder Food Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area