Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Exotics Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Exotics Forum

Bellaboo1799   Ghastly   Kk143   Lovetheleo   Lovetheleo  
 Member  Message

Bellaboo1799
View Profile

SUGAR GLIDERS

I AM HAVING A YARDSALE A LEMONADE STAND DOG WALKING SERVICE AND I AM SELLING MY BIRD TO GET A SUGAR GLIDER WHAT IS THE CHEAPEST DEAL TO NO HOW MUCH IT IS AND STUFF I NEED TO NO I AM 12 MY NAME IS MADISON BUT U NO I AM RESPONSIBLE I NEED HELP AND I NEED TO NO A CHEAP BREEDER IN NEW HAMPSIRE CAN U HELP ME PLZZZZ!!!!!

06/14/10  09:33pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Bellaboo1799   In reference to Message Id: 2155827

SUGAR GLIDERS

I firstly don’t agree with getting rid of another pet to bring another home regardless of anyone’s age. Lastly if a bird is too much problem then a Sugar glider definitely will be, Sugars aren’t cheap nor is there cage, food, toys, treats, vet bills etc. If anything keep the bird as it won’t reel in as much money as you need. Sugars are cute but by no means cheap as stated plus they need someone with them almost 24/7.

06/16/10  04:14pm

Kk143
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2156299

SUGAR GLIDERS

gliders are a huge responsibility compared to birds. they have ot eat fresh foods every day and be handled and get a lot of attention. make sure you know what you are getting into

08/03/10  10:44pm

Lovetheleo
View Profile

Message To: Kk143   In reference to Message Id: 2167000

SUGAR GLIDERS

i agree with the above posters

sugar gliders are a huge resposibility, they need fresh foods every night and they have a very specific dietary needs that must be met or they will have major health problems
they are up all night when a 12 year old should be in bed so you wont be awake to give them out of cage playtime when they need or even bonding time in a pouch during the day(when you will be at school)

also sugar gliders NEED to be in pairs. they are colony animals and get depressed and are prone to self mutilation if kept alone or stressed. which means large vet bills and difficulty finding a vet who can/ will treat sugar gliders.

plus they can bite pretty hard when they dont know you, they pee and poop wherever they want and males especially smell quite a bit when they are not neutered(which can be very expensive)

they are adorable and i love my two boys but they are alot of work and i am willing and able to give them everything they want and need.

if a major disaster/illness comes up you wont have time to raise money at a yard sale to pay for their care. you will need the money right then which could be hundreds or even thousands of dollars

anyway please look up some info from either glidercentral. net or sugarglider. com to get some more info on their care and what it is like to own them and some of the expenses of owning them

but i still strongly feel that sugargliders are NOT an appropriate pet for a child

(sorry for any typos but it is late and i am very tired lol)

08/16/10  01:29am

Lovetheleo
View Profile

Message To: Lovetheleo   In reference to Message Id: 2169660

SUGAR GLIDERS

plus you need to make sure they are legal to own where you live

it is unknown if they are legal in new hampshire but even if they are legal in your state they might not be legal in the city you live in

08/16/10  01:42am

Back to Exotics Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area