Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Exotics Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Exotics Forum

Psyblaze16   SamanthaAK   Psyblaze16  
 Member  Message

Psyblaze16
View Profile

I wasnt sure were else to ask But do you think I would have a shot? zoo question

I am thinking of volunteering at the zoo and I want to know if anyone has ever worked/volunteered at a zoo and if I might have a chance of getting some volunteer work there. In high school I was involved in a two year animal management program where we were taught hands on with animals how to care for them and such along with dog grooming. I received two awards one for coming in top of the class for determination and such and the other I came in sixth in state at the FFA ohio state competition in the small animal care division. I am in college now just finished my first year and I am on my western equestrian team. (horse experience). I also worked in a grocery store while in high school and have experience working with people. (I left on good terms because I was going to college and didn’t know if I could handle it). My major is zoology. So do you think I have a shot? How much experience ETC do you need to volunteer there? Thanks! And sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask this.

05/24/10  06:39pm

SamanthaAK
View Profile

Message To: Psyblaze16   In reference to Message Id: 2150350

I wasnt sure were else to ask But do you think I would have a shot? zoo question

I volunteered at a zoo for almost 3 years and i think you have a great shot but the only thing is when you start no matter what experience you have you always start out low and work your way up so dont expect to be thrown in with animals the first day it took me a few months before i could handle anything but i miss it i say go for it

05/28/10  12:11am

Psyblaze16
View Profile

Message To: SamanthaAK   In reference to Message Id: 2151096

Ok great! I wasnt expecting to work with any animals right away but I still wanted to know what my chances were of getting a chance to volunteer there. Thank you for your input.

05/28/10  03:18pm

Back to Exotics Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area