Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Exotics Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Exotics Forum

Concos   TutThePlatedLizard   Ghastly   Zach01313  
 Member  Message

Concos
View Profile

Black Panthers In New York

Hey folks! I have some friends thinking they saw a "Black Panther" a couple times in their property of NY. Anyone here ever see these cats? Anyone see one in NY? There are some very strong possibilities these are real. They don’t sound too bizarre or farfetched. So also i would like to know what you guys can tell me about these things? Here is a link for you guys to check one of these things out! You can faintly see leopard pattern underneath its black.Link

Thanks For Any Info!
-Concos

03/13/10  12:08pm

TutThePlatedLizard
View Profile

Message To: Concos   In reference to Message Id: 2132487

its highly unlikely unless it escaped from somewhere. and also, that’s not a leopard or even a leopard pattern, "black panthers" are actually black jaguars and live in south america and possibly central i think. i highly doubt a cat like that could make it that far north.

03/26/10  07:47pm

Ghastly
View Profile

If i moved to NY three years ago i can guarantee you i would try my best evan kill myself trying to have the creature on a collar and leash i love them they are gorgeous animals along with Bears XD

03/31/10  08:17am

Zach01313
View Profile

blakc leopards have the pattern not a jag, they are jet blakc, panther is another term for cougar or mountain lion, so its not a cougar, maybe they saw a bear or dog

03/31/10  09:15pm

Back to Exotics Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area