Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Exotics Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Exotics Forum

Waldorepticzone   Waldorepticzone   ICHOMW  
 Member  Message

Waldorepticzone
View Profile

Motoro stingray help

Has any one here ever kept any freshwater stingrays. I am considering getting one but I cant find enough info on google so if any one can help me out I would appreciate it. I need to know for sure what size tank and what exactly to feed it and what about substrate. I would also like to know if I could breed feeders for it. What are good tank mates, I read that Oscars are too aggressive and the ray would eat pretty much any thing else.
I posted this on the fish form but no one even replied
thanks in advance

07/26/09  04:43pm

Waldorepticzone
View Profile

Message To: Waldorepticzone   In reference to Message Id: 2045702

Motoro stingray help

Anyone?

07/29/09  10:16am

ICHOMW
View Profile

Message To: Waldorepticzone   In reference to Message Id: 2047192

Motoro stingray help

I don’t know a ton about stingrays (haven’t owned any myself, but know people who have.) I do know they are difficult to take care of. They produce a lot of ammonia so you need some good filters and frequent water changes (although too many water changes can cause a problem too.) I’m not actually sure what you feed them but that’s something you can look up. They need a large tank with emphasis on floor space I think probably 110 gallon for one teacup stingray. The width needs to be twice the size of the ray. I don’t recommend any tank mates, although if you find a fish that will stay only in the top or middle part of the tank and not venture to the bottom that might work.

You should probably do more research, not saying you haven’t done a lot already, but they are tricky species.

08/10/09  02:48pm

Back to Exotics Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area