Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Exotics Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Exotics Forum

BooBoo   Saucier   BooBoo   Saucier   4Kitara   ThatGreenAnoleGuy   BooBoo   Breeder   BooBoo   Breeder   BooBoo   Breeder   Flamingflower   BooBoo   BooBoo   Broceaus   HerpotologyLover  
 Member  Message

BooBoo
View Profile

My Exotics and Wildlife New Pics

Been awhile since I posted anything.....well here’s some of my critters! All of the babies will be released when they are ready to survive on their own...ENJOY!!!!

baby cottontail.....notice that the strawberry isn’t much smaller than it!

baby river otter (Otto)

4 wk old raccoons (I have a total of 7 right now)

baby black vulture

grey foxes (mother was killed by vehicle, we found these 2 laying by their mom, we were unable to catch the 3rd one)

grey squirrels ready for release

baby skunks...I can’t wait to release them! Been sprayed twice already!

Rare!!!! Red Wolf...not quite a year old

8 baby Opossums

4 month old bobcat

Samson(L) and Sierra(R) my Bobcats

Shena(15 yrs old), right after I took this pic, she slapped my cam right out of my hands! It’s very hard to go into her enclosure with anything she can take away!

Sabu(13 yrs old), she strongly dislikes males...I can’t go in her pen with anything either!

That’s all I have time to put up for now!

Kellie
Kritter Haven Wildlife Rehabilitation™

05/22/09  03:12pm

Saucier
View Profile

Message To: BooBoo   In reference to Message Id: 2009372

Well you must be exhausted taking care of all of them,lol. I had to foster puppies and I was so tired everyday haha.

Good thing they have you!!!!1

05/22/09  05:11pm

BooBoo
View Profile

Message To: Saucier   In reference to Message Id: 2009448

Yes, it can be exhausting and stressful, but it’s worth it when I’m able to return them back into the wild. BTW, these are just a few.... I have my pets....dogs, cats, rats, tarantula, hampsters, other snakes....lol

05/22/09  06:56pm

Saucier
View Profile

Message To: BooBoo   In reference to Message Id: 2009503

I would love to be able to do something like you, mostly for unwanted wild animals.
How did you end up with the to cougers and bobcats?

05/23/09  11:41am

4Kitara
View Profile

Message To: Saucier   In reference to Message Id: 2009791

Wow!! I think it’s wonderful what you are doing for all those critters!!! They are very lucky to have found you to help them out!!! It’s gotta be amazing being able to raise them and then get to see them released!

LOL!! They are all so beautiful and awesome! I love the lil skunks, sorry they’ve sprayed you!! The only skunk I’ve ever actually seen was an adult that I almost ran into when I was a kid. My dog got sprayed but I turned and high tailed it!! lol

05/24/09  10:13am

ThatGreenAnoleGuy
View Profile

Message To: 4Kitara   In reference to Message Id: 2010241

Ever raised a badger yet?

~Gus

05/26/09  01:59am

BooBoo
View Profile

Message To: ThatGreenAnoleGuy   In reference to Message Id: 2011108

LoL, no... Badgers are not native to Arkansas. I do get to go behind the "doors" at zoo’s, and other public animal sanctuaries/centers, where the public isn’t allowed. So, I get to encounter and handle a wide variety of animals. It is illegal in most cities to possess wildlife, so if you are interested in being a rehabilitator, contact your local/state game and fish commission and apply for a permit. Sometimes you are not required to have a permit(for exotics), if you live outside of the city limits. A permit is required if you do what I do, because you have to be able to get medicine...I am required to have a veterinarian that will consult and give me what I need for certain illnesses or injuries. I am currently training to become an euthanasia technician, which requires a license.
My cougars are rescues, one from a "canned hunt" seller, and the other one from a person who could not afford to care for it and house it once full grown. I do not encourage anyone to own exotic big cats, unless they are knowledgeable about the many behaviors, and have had experience with them, and can also afford everything the cat needs.

If I can assist anyone who is interested in becoming a wildlife rehabilitator, or becoming a sanctuary/shelter for exotics, just send me a message and I’ll try to get you headed in the right direction.

Kellie

05/28/09  04:13pm

Breeder
View Profile

Message To: BooBoo   In reference to Message Id: 2012558

Those grey fox kits are adorable as all get out! Any updated pics of them?

07/12/09  09:00am

BooBoo
View Profile

Message To: Breeder   In reference to Message Id: 2037998

I took those pics of them on May 8, 2009 and here is what they look like now:

They will be ready for release around Oct. - Nov.

Kellie

07/13/09  09:40am

Breeder
View Profile

Message To: BooBoo   In reference to Message Id: 2038454

Aw not pups anymore :)

07/13/09  03:55pm

BooBoo
View Profile

Message To: Breeder   In reference to Message Id: 2038685

No, but they still know who their "mommy" is....everytime I go out to the enclosure, my little female starts whining and crying for me to hold her. The male is still tame, but is starting to shy away, which is good. Over the next couple of months, I will decrease the amount of time I spend with them, so they will be easier to release. I always hate when it’s time for my animals to be wild again....I develop a bond with all of them and even though I know it’s for the best, I get so saddened when they go.

But....that’s what I do, and if I hadn’t saved those two little foxes, they wouldn’t have made it.

Kellie

07/14/09  10:47am

Breeder
View Profile

Message To: BooBoo   In reference to Message Id: 2039079

You could keep the foxies? haha. Aw I would love a little fox running around but the wild is where they belong. *sigh*

07/14/09  03:25pm

Flamingflower
View Profile

Message To: Breeder   In reference to Message Id: 2039197

Very nice pics! It’s nice to know that people like you are out there to take care of them!

07/15/09  04:07pm

BooBoo
View Profile

Message To: Flamingflower   In reference to Message Id: 2039814

I wish there were more people like me(especially in my area), I am over-loaded with critters right now! I have disbursed many to other rehabbers, but right now I have in my care: 2 bunnies, 11 opossums, 3 raccoons, 2 fawns, 2 foxes, 1 coyote, and a Mississippi Kite(temporary). Not to mention all my ’pets’....7 big snakes, 4 cats, 1 dog, 3 dozen rats, hamsters, mice etc, a rosy-red tarantula, and my significant other!!! Lil I stay busy 24/7 !!!!

Kellie

07/23/09  04:20pm

BooBoo
View Profile

Message To: Flamingflower   In reference to Message Id: 2039814

I wish there were more people like me(especially in my area), I am over-loaded with critters right now! I have disbursed many to other rehabbers, but right now I have in my care: 2 bunnies, 11 opossums, 3 raccoons, 2 fawns, 2 foxes, 1 coyote, and a Mississippi Kite(temporary). Not to mention all my ’pets’....7 big snakes, 4 cats, 1 dog, 3 dozen rats, hamsters, mice etc, a rosy-red tarantula, and my significant other!!! LoL I stay busy 24/7 !!!!

Kellie

07/23/09  04:21pm

Broceaus
View Profile

Message To: BooBoo   In reference to Message Id: 2044105

Id be very interested in caring for animals like you do but I could never afford it. How do you find time to care for your animals and earn a living. Is there government funding? How would one get strted?

07/23/09  06:08pm

HerpotologyLover
View Profile

Message To: BooBoo   In reference to Message Id: 2044105

Wow! ...That’s SO cool though. =]
And haha, I have to laugh at the 11 opossums- I volunteered at a rehabilitation center one year, and it’s just amazing how the opossums stack up- I could not keep track of even how many there were. xD (Granted, I wasn’t allowed to work with them, so it wasn’t my job to know, but still, there were a lot...it’s amazing how many kids one mom can have and take care of...)

11/28/09  04:19pm

Back to Exotics Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area