Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Exotics Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Exotics Forum

Gecko boy12   Psychoticpengwn   Of267   Wild "J"   Wild "J"   Big_fat_paulie   GreySky   RAB   Jaeyke   Ballpythonclan   Jaeyke   Ballpythonclan   Skystormfarms   Ballpythonclan   Zoeagility15  
 Member  Message

Gecko boy12
View Profile

PETA

This is for all who support or dont know about PETA. they make comic books called "your daddy/mommy kills animals". they are terrorists. this is a link to their "rescues"

Link

12/15/08  08:35pm

Psychoticpengwn
View Profile

Message To: Gecko boy12   In reference to Message Id: 1915077

PETA

Penn and teller also has some good info on them on youtube. Look up penn and teller peta on there

12/20/08  01:27am

Of267
View Profile

Message To: Psychoticpengwn   In reference to Message Id: 1917585

PETA

I watched that! It made me laugh. Why are people so insane?

02/04/09  06:43am

Wild "J"
View Profile

Message To: Of267   In reference to Message Id: 1946453

PETA

I love animals and love to help them, however people need to know about the animals they are helping so they can do it right. PETA is the largest collection of uneducated people on the planet. What they don’t say on their website is how many animals they have killed be releasing them into the wrong environment, even if the animals they do release survive they could have just started a Ferrell population of animals who don’t belong in that particular ecosystem, tell me how they actually help. Leave animal rescue to experts, leave re-locations to biologist such as myself. PETA does more harm then good.
F.Y.I over here in Utah some members of PEDA released some minks out of a mink farm... All of them died! Good thing we have PEDA...

02/05/09  11:05pm

Wild "J"
View Profile

Message To: Wild    In reference to Message Id: 1947914

PETA

sorry PETA not PEDA!!! ha ha ha

02/05/09  11:07pm

Big_fat_paulie
View Profile

Message To: Wild    In reference to Message Id: 1947916

PETA

You can change the acronym to whatever you want but they’ll still do idiotic stuff. P.S. walking around naked doesn’t do anything except make me stop and stare at your bits and pieces.

03/29/09  11:47pm

GreySky
View Profile

Message To: Psychoticpengwn   In reference to Message Id: 1917585

PETA

It made me SO ANGRY to hear that they fire bombed animal research labs. Don’t they realize that they JUST BURNED THOUSANDS OF CUTE LITTLE RATS, MICE, BUNNIES AND MONKEYS TO DEATH???!!!!!

06/05/09  12:59am

RAB
View Profile

Message To: GreySky   In reference to Message Id: 2016641

PETA

I have never met anyone who had a good thing to say about PETA.....

06/25/10  05:55am

Jaeyke
View Profile

Message To: GreySky   In reference to Message Id: 2016641

PETA

Hahaha ok this whole thread is lols. I rarely, if ever, post here because the majority of people on here are stupid, can not use proper punctuation or spelling and have no idea how to care for their animals. Anyways, being a vegetarian and an animal rights activist, as well as a herp keeper and enthusiast, I understand where both groups of people come from. But this thread is stupid. First of all, PETA is not a terrorist group. The information they distribute is not harmful to anyone, and it is most likely not distributed to children. A terrorist group is one that harms people and even other animals, not liberate them. I am not a fan of PETA because I feel they don’t go far enough. Campaigning does nothing. Anyways, how is it terrorism to give rights to those who have none, expose horrible things and maybe, just maybe harm the arseholes who do this to the animals? Isn’t that counter-terrorism? Think about it, don’t call them a terrorist organization because they are against something that you do that is obviously wrong, consuming animals for your own unnecessary, selfish needs? To GreySky, do some research. You are the definition of misinformation. First of all, this was not PETA, it was a group of liberationists who may work under the name Animal Liberation Front or Animal Rights Militia. PETA are not this extreme. Second, they removed the animals, duh! They firebombed the buildings to cause economic damage and to destroy all research so they can not continue. Being someone who knows that does not consume animals as I can live without it, only feeding them to my carnivorous animals who can not go without them ( Its the way they are made, we can’t change that, but we are herbivores). I personally dislike PETA as they spend to much time campaigning without changing anything. I prefer ALF or ARM anyday. Lets just say that the majority of you are ignorant and refuse to look past your ways no matter how wrong they are. Just my two cents.

08/17/10  04:24am

Ballpythonclan
View Profile

Message To: Jaeyke   In reference to Message Id: 2169874

PETA

PETA is very extreme or atleast some of there members are. Go to snakes in general as I am to lazy to retype but PETA members are sick morons. And to your herbivore comment we are OMNIVORES. Alright the reason mankind has gotten far is because of this. You are the one who ignorant by the mile.
this is my two cents.

08/22/10  04:12pm

Jaeyke
View Profile

Message To: Ballpythonclan   In reference to Message Id: 2170942

PETA

Extreme? No. Most of PETA’s members are paid idiots who walk around with signs and petitions, accomplishing nothing. They waste most donations on paying people and advertising. It is true, a couple of their employees intentionally killed many dogs and cats who could have been saved. They also have extreme views that no animals should be kept in captivity or as pets. To me, dogs and cats are companions. Reptiles, amphibians, inverts and some exotics can be anything from a hobby to a captive breeding program for re-introduction to the wild. I do not like the term "pet". It refers to you as owning the animals. I do not own any living being, only care for them and share my home with them. Herps are my hobby. I love many of them as family members, but the reason I keep them in my home is because I have a true interest in them and their natural history and some other less mentionable reasons.

Ok, as for the herbivore thing, we technically are herbivores. Are teeth are equipped to chew and mash vegetation. Also, do we look very equipped to take down animals as prey? Ya, we can for sure scratch them to death with our tiny fingernails. No, the thing is we can’t. It is much to hard. We are the most evolved primate, whos diets consist mainly of vegetation. Sure, they kill the odd animal to eat. We evolved to a more herbivourous species. Our digestive systems do not digest meat well, much of it rotting in our colons. Gross, eh? Our ancestors, many not even of our species developed a taste for carrion. So, in our natural environment we are scavengers as well. But do you really think we could eat dead, rotting flesh that we have not sterilized in a human setting? Like eating week old roadkill? No. Our immune systems have become weaker. Also, I am quite sure that the majority of vegetarians who eat a proper balanced diet are healthier than the average meat eater who still eats a balanced diet. Meat alternatives have been proven to be healthier.

How has mankind gotten far by eating flesh? Have we become so de-sensitized to killing that we can use workers from third world countries and then dispose of them as if they were trash? So we can kill our planet? I see good in technology, but I see nothing good from senseless killing. I do advocate a meatless diet, but this is mainly in defense of myself and other animal rights activists. So please stop spreading bullsh*t.

Oh ya, sorry if this is too long to read, but I happen to not be all that "lazy" and I dont have to CAPITALIZE EVERY LETTER IN A WORD to get a point across. I can use simple references and explainations. So, have fun being ignorant, and I’ll have a great time not having to justify my actions, especially when I know they are wrong. Oh ya, please learn to spell and use proper grammar before posting a response. It is annoying not knowing what you are trying to say.

08/23/10  10:57pm

Ballpythonclan
View Profile

Message To: Jaeyke   In reference to Message Id: 2171299

PETA

Well that’s why man used tools to hunt. If we didn’t evolve to use tools to hunt we wouldn’t really have survived the ice age because we aren’t really equipped to dig through the snow to hunt for tubers and roots. I did say I have nothing wrong with being a vegetarian by the way. But what I’m saying is from WHAT IVE SEEN all the "animal rights activists" have been EXTREME. And to say that I’m spreading bullsh*t is stupid on your part, yes maybe I shouldn’t say PETA is a bad organization but a group usually is judged by members rather then a whole because if you cant control what your people do then you really shouldn’t be considered a group or an organization. I’m not saying all vegetarians and all animal rights activists are veggie retards. Trust me I’m not saying that at all so you don’t have to defend yourself. As I said humans are technically omnivores just wanted to get that through and since humans really got as far as we did was because we are very opportunistic

08/24/10  05:59pm

Skystormfarms
View Profile

Message To: Ballpythonclan   In reference to Message Id: 2171441

PETA

Being opportunistic doesnt make us omnivores, yes, some consume meat, and we did get far on it. I must say though that he does have a point, if you look at our structures we are not meant to consume meat. We made tools, we got smart about it. This doesnt make our digestive stystem any more suitable to meat.

10/27/10  08:02pm

Ballpythonclan
View Profile

Message To: Skystormfarms   In reference to Message Id: 2184008

PETA

Well my whole point is it did take us quite far allowing us to live in certain places and spread as we do. I’ll admit I only eat meat because well it taste good and do advocate a low meat diet to people because going deep into it our beef and chicken and such is chocked full of hormones and thats well just a turn down. Now yes mankind could easily live on just vegetarian diet atleast in devolped areas. Look at tribes in africa. Arid regions very hard to get at some vegetation so meat takes a major role in their diets with some hardend seeds and such and do have great longetivity. This is a loose example as it does have holes with alot of different tribes Opportunistic makes us great and really now do you really think mankind can just drop meat...hell no we are quite used to the taste which is natural in some ways. Then again it the greatest tool mankind has is our brain. Amazing thing isn’t. And would like to say jaeyke that your the one bringing in the vegetarian thing just showing ignorance there as you can love animals and eat meat. About 80% of the meat I eat is from my friend when he goes hunting and sometimes when i go with him. No he isnt some crazy retarded redneck who likes shooting a bow he loves the animals and his house isn’t filled with stupid mounts and such. Carves the antlers into carving into the animals he hunts. sorry to get way off topic

10/27/10  09:29pm

Zoeagility15
View Profile

Message To: Gecko boy12   In reference to Message Id: 1915077

PETA

To those who are saying that PETA doesn’t target children, yes they do. They come to our county fair every year and harass young children who are caring for and showing animals. All of our animals are well taken care of but PETA goes around telling 4H’ers that they are being cruel and unfair to their animals. PETA, HSUS, and similar organizations don’t do anything directly to save animals, don’t typically work with rescues and shelters, and reguraly spread false and ridiculous information to the public. They try and keep us from owning animals and try and pass legislation that would restrict pet ownership and completley destroy the food animal industry.

12/14/10  08:34pm

Back to Exotics Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area