Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Exotics Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Exotics Forum

Crazygirl08   317_boa   Crazygirl08   Ferndalezoo   317_boa   Janettech   Crazygirl08   Rabbit Luver077   Ferndalezoo   Crazygirl08   Leira   Ferndalezoo   Crazygirl08   Madcowgreen   Golden coqui ace   Madcowgreen   Golden coqui ace   Senshokukiba   Golden coqui ace   Senshokukiba   Golden coqui ace   Dragongirl6   Golden coqui ace   Golden coqui ace   Dragongirl6   Golden coqui ace   Dragongirl6   Golden coqui ace   Carpondro17   Golden coqui ace  
Pages 1 2 Next
 Member  Message

Crazygirl08
View Profile

Wolf hybrids

Does anyone here own a wolf hybrid? If so I would like to know how other wolf hybrids like wolfy here act, behave, and connect. Please tell me I’m not the only one!!

01/31/08  04:50pm

317_boa
View Profile

Message To: Crazygirl08   In reference to Message Id: 1603336

Wolf hybrids

I dont own one but my friend does. His is pure white like the one on that show bolto. He realy dont act like a wolf to much, listens realy well and loves attetion. I wish a had a pic of him hes beautiful.

01/31/08  05:01pm

Crazygirl08
View Profile

Message To: 317_boa   In reference to Message Id: 1603351

Wolf hybrids

He sounds beautiful...do you know what he’s mixed with? Wolfy acts like a real wolf with only a few dog features.

02/01/08  10:20am

Ferndalezoo
View Profile

Wolf hybrids

I don’t have one, and never will, but a friend of mine has several, all rescues. The problem with the phrase "wolf hybrid" is that it leads people to believe that the animal they are buying is half wolf and half whatever dog breed was used. with very very very few exceptions, this isn’t true at all. A lot of the wolf/dogs that she took in came from homes where the family had first bought a puppy they weretold was "wolf-dog", but in reality was just a wolfy looking mixed breed dog (usually malinois or GSD and malamute), with no or almost no actual wolf content. The dog, acordingly, acted very dog-like, was good in the house, very tame, bonded well with people, etc etc. The family then got "another", feeling that they had wolf-dog experience, and lo and behold THIS one actually had wolf content, and it acted........ well........ like a wolf. It was shy, reclusive, had a high prey drive, was fearful of people, etc, and in short, didn’t act like a dog. That’s where she comes in. In my (admittedly limited) experience, if your "wolf-dog" hangs out on the couch, plays with your kids, lounges in the yard, etc, chances are very very very good that there is very little to no actual wolf in your dog.

02/01/08  10:54am

317_boa
View Profile

Message To: Ferndalezoo   In reference to Message Id: 1604350

Wolf hybrids

Im not sure what hes mixed with. I think the dog was some type of husky or something like that and i couldnt even tell you what type of wolf.

02/01/08  11:25am

Janettech
View Profile

Message To: 317_boa   In reference to Message Id: 1604368

Wolf hybrids

I agree with F. We have a client that has a true wolf - timber - and a few hybrids. You cannot touch these dogs if you are not the owners. They have also rescued these dogs and they have a complete enclosure outside for them. They owners have learned to give them injections in the muscle to sedate them before bringing them to us. We also had a client that got one - it was an adoption puppy through our clinic before I started working here. They had the dog for almost 2 years and could never make her to a house dog, then one day she turned and went to attack the family beaglee and the female owner got in he way and the dog attacked her. She did a great deal of damage to the lady. That’s what happens to animals that you try to domesticate that should not be. I have been around wolves enough to know that if she was not 100 % timber then she was at least 90%. I had to euthanize her because no one else would touch her. I love working with aggressive animals. The owner would not let her go to another home or rescue. They wanted to have her euthanizd so we had to and since she was wolf and rabies vaccinations are not proven to work on wolves we had to send her in for rabies testing. You can never tame a wolf/wolf hybrid. I agree totally with F.

02/03/08  12:00am

Crazygirl08
View Profile

Message To: Janettech   In reference to Message Id: 1606904

Wolf hybrids

wolfy is an actual wolf hybrid...his father was 50% timber wolf 50% GSD, and mom was full blood arctic wolf, both parents were very anti social and so is wolfy. he is very agressive towards other people...

02/03/08  03:58pm

Rabbit Luver077
View Profile

Message To: Crazygirl08   In reference to Message Id: 1607738

Wolf hybrids

my friend has 4. and they’re all 95% wolf but yet they’re gentler than dogs. He trained them so well that they wont even look at a piece of food if he tells them not to. they’re awsome!!!!!!!!!!!1

02/06/08  08:29pm

Ferndalezoo
View Profile

Message To: Rabbit Luver077   In reference to Message Id: 1613024

Wolf hybrids

I can pretty well guarantee you that if that’s the case...

Quote:

He trained them so well that they wont even look at a piece of food if he tells them not to

that someone lied to him about their "pedigree".

02/06/08  10:06pm

Crazygirl08
View Profile

Message To: Ferndalezoo   In reference to Message Id: 1613296

Wolf hybrids

I never said that so quit trying to front me out my hybrid isn’t very well trained at all and he doesn’t have a pedigree he’s 75 % or more wolf. thats right mom was full blood arctic and dad wad half timber half GSD some one else said that stuff you need to read up on who your talking to!!! By the way, a wolf can very well be gentler then a dog when they want to be and depending on who is around, it is very unlikely for them to be nice to someone who they’ve never met before like a dog would. Wolves can be trained but only by the person who owns them will they listen to a command. Wolfy is only a pup, is already trained to go outside, stay in his room when told, and attack...granted he’ll never do a trick like roll over, shake, sit, fetch, exc. but he is pretty descent when it comes to basic. My malamutes don’t listen very well either. Your the smae person that wanted to argue about docking, are you going to tell me I can’t basic train my hybrid to. No he isn’t a dog, no he won’t obey very many commands, but i am pretty sure that I’ve got this under control. I raised and trained my two malamutes, my corgi mix, and roughly around 26 pups on my own...I am pretty sure I can handle a neutered, hybrid

02/07/08  01:10pm

Leira
View Profile

Message To: Crazygirl08   In reference to Message Id: 1613870

Wolf hybrids

Woah, crazygirl!!! Ferndalezoo was replying to someone elses post! He was speaking to rabbit lover, and I’m sure you just misread the post :)

Beautiful hybrid, by the way! I wish I were responsible enough to keep one...sadly, I cannot be trusted with a needle...lol.
-Leira

02/07/08  06:32pm

Ferndalezoo
View Profile

Message To: Crazygirl08   In reference to Message Id: 1613870

Wolf hybrids

Quote:

some one else said that stuff you need to read up on who your talking to!!!

I know someone else said that- Which is why I replied to them, and quoted their message. I was not addressing your "hybrid" or anything to do with you and your animals. If I were, I’d have replied to your response, and quoted your message.

And you bet I chimed in on the docking thread-- any responsible person would respond to a thread that suggested that it was okay to amputate the tail of an adult dog (and one whose breed is not traditionally docked, at that!) because it makes them look "mean". If you’d like to discuss this topic further, though , we should do so in the appropriate forum, so I won’t say more about it here. Actually, as I’m leaving town for work for 10 days, I’m not likely to have anything further to say about it at all.

02/08/08  07:46am

Crazygirl08
View Profile

Message To: Ferndalezoo   In reference to Message Id: 1614970

Wolf hybrids

Yeah I noticed that after I posted, My computer is running really slow so i could reply to say i’m sorry, so I’m sorry...as for the tail docking , well, like I said I don’t own but one breed that looks right with a dock and the breeder docked it. So I wouldn’t know much other then I have a friend of the family the fights pits and docks all tails and crops all ears whether they get them at pup or adult so...my apologies. But as far as my hybrid goes i know about the agression, the territory, and social problems I knew about them before I got him and i know now that i will never get another. Even though i will have him until he dies!!!

02/08/08  04:01pm

Madcowgreen
View Profile

Message To: Crazygirl08   In reference to Message Id: 1615361

Wolf hybrids

Quote:

I wouldn’t know much other then I have a friend of the family the fights pits

that is an abusive and horrible pratice ppl like that should not own dogs!!! shame on them

03/12/08  02:29pm

Golden coqui ace
View Profile

Message To: Madcowgreen   In reference to Message Id: 1658277

Wolf hybrids

I had a house down the street that used to run a pit in their basement and you could hear the dogs snarling and whinning and about an hour later we would here a gun shot. It was sad, but I was happy the day they got busted because we sent in an annonomous call to the police. Poor dogs were all put to sleep though because they were all either to injured or to aggressive to adopt out and we have a non kill humane society

03/13/08  09:02pm

Madcowgreen
View Profile

Message To: Golden coqui ace   In reference to Message Id: 1660038

Wolf hybrids

thats sad but at least they were stopped

03/14/08  11:33am

Golden coqui ace
View Profile

Message To: Madcowgreen   In reference to Message Id: 1660571

Wolf hybrids

yeah, they were right back at it when they got out though! Just goes to show that they never learn.

03/14/08  06:24pm

Senshokukiba
View Profile

Message To: Golden coqui ace   In reference to Message Id: 1660894

Wolf hybrids

I used to know a wolf x dog. Her name was Molly. She attacked my brother when he was younger. Of course, it wasn’t her fault. Her owners were careless and weren’t responcible. If they had been, she wouldn’t have been able to escape and get into my family’s backyard.

Molly wasn’t invited into the house at all. She would howl at night, which was really annoying. Her owners constantly bragged about how she was related to some famous wolf. They only kept her so they could show her off.

After attacking, Molly was put down.

All people who get wolf x dogs get these dogs because they think they’re cool. They don’t purchase them because of their "great" personalities or temperaments. People only purchase these animals because no one else has them. People do it so they can brag about it.

03/15/08  01:20am

Golden coqui ace
View Profile

Message To: Senshokukiba   In reference to Message Id: 1661318

Wolf hybrids

My aunt owned her wolf hybrid because she loves wolves, not to show him off so I’m going to have to disagree with all of that. She never even took him out of the country, or around anyone, the only person who knew she had him was the vet and you guys, and she only told you guys to share opinions on other hybrids. If those people let there hybrid get that way, that was there fault, I know this may sound crazy but her malamute malaky was ten time worse then wolfy ever was with strangers. Was the wolf hybrid spayed, if not there is your reason, I mean wolfy was anti social but he never tried biting any one let alone attacking other animals. He stalked birds and squirels but I’ve seen dogs do that. The howling I’m guessing was out of being lonesome being that, that is how wolves communicate. So don’t judge all wolf hybrids because of ones faults, it wasn’t her fault her owners were idiots! Granted Wolf hybrids arent the nicest of animals, but depending on how they are raised is how they come out, they will always be anti social to those who aren’t part of their family but as long as you hold your ground and show them they don’t have to be the leader and have them fixed so that hormones are no problem they can turn out to be pretty descent pets.

03/16/08  06:05pm

Senshokukiba
View Profile

Message To: Golden coqui ace   In reference to Message Id: 1663368

Wolf hybrids

I didn’t judge wolf x dogs. I didn’t say anything about how they’re all the same. I just explained that no one gets a wolf x dog because they have great personalities and such. I already explained that Molly’s owners weren’t responsible. Oh, and Molly was actually fixed.

03/16/08  07:33pm

Golden coqui ace
View Profile

Message To: Senshokukiba   In reference to Message Id: 1663562

Wolf hybrids

Quote:

I just explained that no one gets a wolf x dog because they have great personalities and such.

That and

Quote:

People do it so they can brag about it.

I believe i asked

Quote:

Was the wolf hybrid spayed, if not there is your reason,

I never said she wasn’t.....sorry for the rude way I spoke, i am trying to be a little nicer about the way I say things, I am normally not this way, i do not know what has come over me. So I apologize for anything I had said rude or inconsiderate and i hope that you can forgive me.

03/18/08  07:32pm

Dragongirl6
View Profile

Message To: Golden coqui ace   In reference to Message Id: 1666319

Wolf hybrids

Quote:

So I wouldn’t know much other then I have a friend of the family the fights pits

I can’t stretch my imagination far enough to get to a place where I would ever, right mind or not, EVER befriend someone who fights pits!!

How can you casually talk about your friend’s total abuse towards an otherwise gently breed of dog?! Do you not understand how absolutely horrible pit fighting is?

03/19/08  03:04am

Golden coqui ace
View Profile

Message To: Dragongirl6   In reference to Message Id: 1666947

Wolf hybrids

My aunt said a friend of the family, he isn’t her friend, so nice of you to try and put her out there, do you by any chanse have something personal against people, or is that just the kind of person you are. Singling people out and pointing out of of their flaws, it makes me wonder what kind of miserabel life you have. The friend of the family she was referring to is actually her uncles friend and they have nothing to do with us, we don’t bother them, they don’t bother us. He is done with those days, he used to fight pits. And not ALL pits are kind and gentle, most are, but not all. That goes for any breed. Stop trying to push your so called "experiance and knowledege" down everyones throut, it isn’t very nice. Like i said in the cat forum, every one has a different opinion, no one ha the exact same one. And yes, she does understand how "absolutly horrible" pit fighting is, considering the fact that we lived down the street from people who ran a pit in their basement, as I said before, we called the police on them, they were arrested and went to jail, but as soon as they got out they started up again. I suggest you start being a little nicer and try to stop shoving your beliefs down peoples throuts!

03/19/08  05:37pm

Golden coqui ace
View Profile

Message To: Golden coqui ace   In reference to Message Id: 1667630

Wolf hybrids

Did I mention I have a pit mix myself.....

He isn’t exactly the nicest of all dogs. But he is a pretty good dog

03/19/08  05:41pm

Dragongirl6
View Profile

Message To: Golden coqui ace   In reference to Message Id: 1667637

Wolf hybrids

I was just pointing out that fighting dogs to death is a horrible practice. I don’t believe that’s shoving my ideas down others throats, I believe that’s a fact and anyone on this forum will agree. As a pit owner yourself I can’t imagine you support pit fighting.

Again, I’m not shoving my experience down anyone’s throat, as I myself don’t happen to be an experienced pit fighter.

These forums are for discussing ideas and expressing opinions. Each is entitled to their own.

I do have more experience with animals than most people my age, but I don’t see why that would be an issue. I happen to love animals and I’m sorry if you have a different idea.

03/20/08  03:10am

Golden coqui ace
View Profile

Message To: Dragongirl6   In reference to Message Id: 1668297

Wolf hybrids

I was speaking of another forum. I don’t and never will promote pit fighting, that is why I reported the man and his friends. You just took what my aunt a said a little to far on the wrong side, just out of curiosity, how old are you?

03/20/08  12:29pm

Dragongirl6
View Profile

Message To: Golden coqui ace   In reference to Message Id: 1668585

Wolf hybrids

I’m sixteen.

03/21/08  10:01pm

Golden coqui ace
View Profile

Message To: Dragongirl6   In reference to Message Id: 1670586

Wolf hybrids

wow, you really are young, cudos. Your are a very intelligent young lady. I completely apologize, Please forgive me for I was a complete jerk and I shouldn’t have been

03/21/08  10:16pm

Carpondro17
View Profile

Wolf hybrids

Oh man I want one!

03/22/08  12:43am

Golden coqui ace
View Profile

Message To: Carpondro17   In reference to Message Id: 1670837

Wolf hybrids

I wouldn’t suggets getting one, they are very anti social and mean, you cannot take them any where with out them trying to bite everyone and anyone around you, that is how wolfy was and his dad was 10 times worse. If you are going to get oe I suggest you do you research.

03/22/08  07:29am
Pages 1 2 Next

Back to Exotics Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area