Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Exotics Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Exotics Forum

Death Adder   Amico   Animal_chic   KM   Animommy   Kg28   Animommy   Ghastly   Animommy   Mr Aquarium   Ambiguous   Ferndalezoo   Crazygirl08   Gecko boy12   Dragongirl6   Van_jen2005   Golden coqui ace   Dragongirl6   Golden coqui ace   Dagobert   Golden coqui ace   Dagobert   Golden coqui ace   DragonMyr   Dragongirl6   Primal_Heart   LizaB2008   Xchairity_casex   Retile_expert   Ryuuzan  
Pages 1
 Member  Message

Death Adder
View Profile

An issue that is pissing me off

BIG CAT BANS. I have owned in the past several big cats and am in possession of a black bear (pics later so dont bug me about it), honestly NOT EVERYONE wants to keep these animals as Pets Do I keep my venomous snakes as pets? Hell no, I keep them because Im interested in them and dont want to go to a zoo to have to see them. I have the time, space, money and knowledge to keep a big cat. No flame wars please, its just an opinion people not rock solid fact.

08/12/07  09:58am

Amico
View Profile

Message To: Death Adder   In reference to Message Id: 1399899

here is a link that agrees with what you just said Link

08/12/07  01:56pm

Animal_chic
View Profile

Message To: Amico   In reference to Message Id: 1400187

i agree

08/23/07  03:02pm

KM
View Profile

While I dont think that banning everyone across the board is the answer, I do think that there need to be some serious restrictions on owning certain animals. Its far too easy to purchase animals who have a high potential to be dangerous like bears, big cats, etc. It seems like in most places all you need to get a tiger is internet access and a credit card (well, I guess thats all you need in any place, but thats all you need from a legal standpoint in most places.) Far too many people purchase these kinds of animals for personal image purposes or because they think itll be cool. Then the kitty/bear/burmese python/etc. grows and grows and grows some more. Someone gets hurt and "OMIGOSH people shouldnt be allowed to own such animals!" No, not quite, its just that their ownership needs to be restricted to people whove done their research, thought things through, and are committed to providing adequate care for the animal and keeping both the animal and the public safe. Responsible ownership of animals like this isnt something that most people in the general public can provide.

08/23/07  08:01pm

Animommy
View Profile

Message To: KM   In reference to Message Id: 1416542

Here! Here! I feel the same way! If i could, id have big cats also-not like these idiots for image purposes (well said, KM) TOO MANY people have outlandish animals for image purposes & then those of us who are NOT idiots have to suffer for it! i think that for people that want to have animals as such, should be allowed but have to go thru a rigorous process, so that people will know that we arent image happy morons, but people who understand what they own; the risks, husbandry, etc...it would be a pain in the rear to go thru a process of sorts, but would keep the idiots from owning such things!

08/24/07  11:46pm

Kg28
View Profile

Message To: Animommy   In reference to Message Id: 1418255

I think you should be able to keep big cats as long as you are able to care for them the way they need to be cared for and have enough space for them to roam around.

08/26/07  02:29am

Animommy
View Profile

Message To: Kg28   In reference to Message Id: 1419591

But do you think thats part of the problem? i agree w/you, but where would one draw the line as to what classifies "space" and ability to "take care of" see what i maen?

08/28/07  02:14pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Way to go my man/woman.
Pretty fine wording if i amy say so myself.
Im glad someone else said it instead of me as if i said it there would be a whole lot of f-ing and blinding in it.
But what im trying to say is nice job and good choice of words ^^

09/04/07  08:46pm

Animommy
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 1431989

LOL!!!! Thumbs up!

09/05/07  12:19am

Mr Aquarium
View Profile

Message To: Animommy   In reference to Message Id: 1432261

The problem is people like my sister inlaw,
she doesnt own and will never own anything like that that god, but she is one of the idiots who thinks they should have something just to say they have it to brag about, she could give a ratts arse about the animal in question, same goes for any animal/pet, be it hampsters to Exotics.....

09/09/07  08:05pm

Ambiguous
View Profile

if you think its ok to own a big cat your an idiot. this is "exactly" the problem people like you who think its alright to own one because they have the "space" and "knowledge" but you dont think, its a lot more then that, this is just helping them get closer and closer to the extintion list.

03/03/08  02:07pm

Ferndalezoo
View Profile

Message To: Ambiguous   In reference to Message Id: 1646077

Frankly, most zoos don’t even care for the big cats properly- the average joe-schmoe isn’t going to have a chance of being able to meet their needs the way they should be met.

03/04/08  03:13pm

Crazygirl08
View Profile

Message To: Ferndalezoo   In reference to Message Id: 1647595

Big cats like wolf hybrids are very dangerous they could easily kill you, just like that. The only reason and I mean the only reason you should ever own a big cat is if you have a license and a rescue area and are not keeping the animal in the house. I don’t care if you have it declawed or have it’s teeth pulled, thats even more inhumane then owning one. The reason it is being banned is because not only are they a danger to you, but you are a danger to them. No normal every day person knows what to do with a lion, tiger, jag, chettah, leopord, lynx, bob cat or cougar even! So why would you go and do something as stupid as bringing one into your home?

03/05/08  03:27pm

Gecko boy12
View Profile

Message To: Crazygirl08   In reference to Message Id: 1649128

if u ask me u should have to take a test of some sort b4 owning an animal at all.

03/06/08  08:01pm

Dragongirl6
View Profile

Message To: Gecko boy12   In reference to Message Id: 1650781

Instead of creating a whole new type of pet with a whole new set of problems for people to screw up with and dump in shelters, why don’t we just stick to helping out the thousands and thousands of cats that are already suffering and dying because of peoples’ stupidity?

Sure, three or four people are capable of committing to and proving proper care for some exotic type of pet. Where does that leave the rest of these pets that become the new "trend"? They end up being neglected, dumped outside, or left in shelters, just like every other pet people have decided to keep.

Just as you shouldn’t keep chimpanzees, rhinos, tigers, and bears as pets, you shouldn’t keep any wild animal as a pet! They belong in the wild, and if you are really that interested in them, set up a sanctuary for endangered species! Volunteer your time at the zoo! Donate money to organizations protecting them in the WILD, where they BELONG! A wild cat will never be as happy in an apartment as it will be in the wild.

03/12/08  02:42am

Van_jen2005
View Profile

Message To: Dragongirl6   In reference to Message Id: 1657926

Quote:

Instead of creating a whole new type of pet with a whole new set of problems for people to screw up with and dump in shelters, why don’t we just stick to helping out the thousands and thousands of cats that are already suffering and dying because of peoples’ stupidity?

Sure, three or four people are capable of committing to and proving proper care for some exotic type of pet. Where does that leave the rest of these pets that become the new "trend"? They end up being neglected, dumped outside, or left in shelters, just like every other pet people have decided to keep.

Just as you shouldn’t keep chimpanzees, rhinos, tigers, and bears as pets, you shouldn’t keep any wild animal as a pet! They belong in the wild, and if you are really that interested in them, set up a sanctuary for endangered species! Volunteer your time at the zoo! Donate money to organizations protecting them in the WILD, where they BELONG! A wild cat will never be as happy in an apartment as it will be in the wild.

Now I do believe that there are to many animials in need of a good home........but dogs, cats, lizards where all wild at one point in time....and if we should only own domestic animials than I guess we shouldnt own any......I think if you rescue a big wild animial and can provide for it there is nothing wrong with it.......I wouldnt trap a wild animial and keep it........

03/12/08  02:09pm

Golden coqui ace
View Profile

Message To: Van_jen2005   In reference to Message Id: 1658257

I don’t mean to be rude, but it was the current animals ansestors that were once wild. Those animals adjusted to humans and evolved into what we know as domestic animals today. Yes there are still iguanas, snake and other reptile that are in the wild, but ones we own are 9 times out of 10 bred in captivity and are domestic as well. And haven’t you people ever watched growing up lion and seen how the little lion had to live because some idiot didn’t provide the proper nutrition, because he did not have the right knowledge to care for the animal. because of this the lion suffered from calcium defficiancy and many other problem. Most common people do not have the right knowledege to care an animal such as a lion, tiger lynx, or bob cat and the animal whinds up ill, deformed or worse, dead. That is why it is becoming illegal to own them. And I agree, no one with out a license that shows that have been educated in that specific feild should be able to own or handle an animal that could easily turn and kill you with absolutly no problems doing it, Sure there is the choice of declawing the big cat but have you ever seen what it does to their feet? Why would you want to put animal through such a horrible life living in a common persons home when they should be in the wild roaming, preying upon there natural prey. There is no such thing as rescuing a wild animal from the wild, thats like rescuing a fish from being eaten by a shark, it is only nature. There is a difference between a marine biologist rescuing a severly under weight seal and releasing it back into the wild then your every day jane/joe finding a baby bird that fell out of the nest and taking it home and trying to care for it even though they have no knowledege of what this bird needs to live or whether the mother was close or not. It was only nature that the baby bird feel from the tree, it happens every day in the spring, some times the neiborhood cat gets it sometimes the mom sticks around and protects it the best she can, but either way unless you have a license or degree in the care of that animal there is no need to take it away from it’s natural life in the wild. There are alot of really stupid people who go and buy animals they think are so cool and take them home and find out it’s not as easy as it looks or seems.

03/13/08  09:20pm

Dragongirl6
View Profile

Message To: Golden coqui ace   In reference to Message Id: 1660076

Quote:

Most common people do not have the right knowledege to care an animal such as a lion, tiger lynx, or bob cat and the animal whinds up ill, deformed or worse, dead.

I AGREE!! Although, I think ill and deformed are actually worse than dead...

Wild animals should not be kept as pets for any reason. I spent a summer living and working in a wildlife center in Uganda that rescued wild animals from pet homes all the time. Chimps, large tortoises, wild parrots, wild cats, etc. and it is NOT a good idea! Only a wildlife center or zoo that is set up with experts to deal with these animals should, and even then should only be doing it to protect threatened species, not to be spectacles for people to come see.

People would bring their pets to the center that they truly did love but realized that it just isn’t practical to have a wild animal in the house. The animals were sick, depressed, and usually had stunted growth. I had the opportunity to work with a baby chimpanzee that was literally BALD from lack of nutrition.

Here’s a photo of her, just cause she’s so cute. Her name is Sara, and I believe she is old enough to have moved to their chimp island sanctuary.

03/20/08  03:17am

Golden coqui ace
View Profile

Message To: Dragongirl6   In reference to Message Id: 1668301

That is so sad, this is why normal, everyday people should just stick to domestic pets and not wild animals!

03/20/08  12:32pm

Dagobert
View Profile

Message To: Golden coqui ace   In reference to Message Id: 1660076

Quote:

Yes there are still iguanas, snake and other reptile that are in the wild, but ones we own are 9 times out of 10 bred in captivity and are domestic as well.

Sorry, you’re dead wrong on that one. Even at this point in reptile keeping, only a handful of species are commonly captive bred with the vast majority of reptiles in the trade being wild caught.

Iguanas are imported by the tens of thousands (many die in the process) for the pet trade and I don’t know of a single person actually breeding them here.

And no reptile is domesticated, sorry.

03/20/08  07:03pm

Golden coqui ace
View Profile

Message To: Dagobert   In reference to Message Id: 1669047

I don’t know about you, but I like to buy my animals from reptile breeders, not people who catch the animals out in the wild. My boa came from allamericanredtails.com, my burm was a rescue, but was breed in captivity. Which that isn’t really the point here. the point is that normal everyday people shouldn’t be able to own wild animals in which they have no experiance in handling, obviously they don’t the risks they are taking, some of these animals could kill you with out even thinking twice about it.

03/20/08  10:03pm

Dagobert
View Profile

Message To: Golden coqui ace   In reference to Message Id: 1669326

Quote:

I don’t know about you, but I like to buy my animals from reptile breeders, not people who catch the animals out in the wild.

That had nothing to do with the point or what was said. Regardless of what you or I do, I was simply correcting you about your " 9 out of 10 are captive bred" statement.

This is how bad information gets out there. Somebody makes up a statement like that (because you did make it up), and then somebody else will read it here and go spouting it off. Just trying to stop wrong info from spreading.

03/21/08  12:42pm

Golden coqui ace
View Profile

Message To: Dagobert   In reference to Message Id: 1669818

actually, maybe I should have said in ohio then, because it is illegal for any one to sell or by a wild caught reptile here, I did not make that up! Any reptile breeer here can tell you that! The point of this argument is stupid, doesn’t make sense. We are only saying it is wrong for people who don’t have any experiance with wild animals to own one. that is all, don’t see the point in trying to prove everyone wrong.

03/21/08  04:14pm

DragonMyr
View Profile

Death Adder, have you been to www.rexano.org? I know how you feel and feel the same way. Since when was someone else’s opinion enough to override our own? Someone could cry and complain all day long about SUV’s, which are no more dangerous than cars, but they’re not banned. However, someone can complain about a big cat, which is 32 times safer than a domestic animal, and get it banned. It just makes absolutely no sense! The facts and figures do not support these bans. In fact, with all the money people like you spend to care for and feed your animals it makes strong economic sense to legalize big exotic animals everywhere to RESPONSIBLE owners.

Today people proliferate these stereotypes and gloomy scenarios about big exotic animal ownership when laws have been crafted that prevent all this stuff that went on 30 years ago. People need to move into today and realize that bans are overreaching now and the problem has been beaten into a bloody pulp so badly that now laws are having a massive detrimental affect to the animals and their owners. These misguided bans are forcing people to give up their exotic pets no matter how well cared for they are. People just don’t have a clue these days.

Don’t you hate it how people who have never owned an exotic animal try to tell you what it’s like, how dangerous they are, or try to tell you what you should do? A friend of mine owns 2 cougars and is known to get death threats in the mail despite the fact that the cage is 2 acres in size and has a landscaped stream and swimming pond in it and there has never once been a problem with his rural ’fortress’. I met someone online 2 weeks ago that owns a Caracal and people actually come to his house and chuck rocks at the cat’s cage or his house so now there’s a ton of security cameras. I’m all for keeping irresponsible owners out of the fold, but the laws, bans, permits, and activists are getting more outrageous, oppressive, and impossible to comply with in many cases.

Quote:

Ferndalezoo
Frankly, most zoos don’t even care for the big cats properly- the average joe-schmoe isn’t going to have a chance of being able to meet their needs the way they should be met.

The average joe-schmoe can’t even get access to one of these larger exotic animals nor can he/she afford the initial purchase price, maintenance/food costs, permit fees, licensing, inspections, contractual breeder agreements, and the plethora of other modern restrictions. People who responsibly own exotic pets and did months of research have a BETTER chance of being able to handle their exotic pets because this person doesn’t subscribe to the abusive AZA notion that locking cats in big enclosures with the only chance for enrichment being staring at people throw windows is somehow the best way to replicate the wild and keep exotic animals in captivity. Ever been to Dreamworld Theme Park in Australia? Here’s a link: breeder.http://www.dreamworl and that goes right to the Tiger Island exhibit. These people know how to care for big cats. They spend a ton of time with them, much more than any AZA employee ever wold. These tigers will play fetch, go for walks, and even take naps with their owners. It’s the prime example of what can be done when you responsibly own and react to a large exotic animal’s body language. AZA institutions, rescue groups, and others don’t understand how to properly take care of these animals because they don’t take the time to interact with their animals which causes them excessive boredom and pent up energy.

A lot of people have this misguided idea that big exotic animals, especially tigers, are wild and cannot be tame. Last time I checked, domestic cats had no trouble picking birds out of the air, leaving decapitated mice as trophies in or around your home, or using any of their other wild instincts that they choose not to use when in the presence of a responsible owner. In the past 16 years only 2 people have died as the result of a pet exotic animal (happened to be a tiger). ONLY 2 PEOPLE. The other 13 deaths were by zoo or sanctuary tigers. In the same time period 512 people have died as a result of domestic dogs. All of this is according to the National Safety Council, National Center for Health Statistics, and U.S. Census. Don’t you dare sit here and lecture responsible owners about the dangers of their pets when they bend over backwards to take every single precaution necessary and are doing a damn fine job of keeping their animals safe. Responsible exotic owners are a shining example of what animal ownership SHOULD BE like for every single animal in captivity.

Quote:

Ambiguous
if you think its ok to own a big cat your an idiot. this is "exactly" the problem people like you who think its alright to own one because they have the "space" and "knowledge" but you dont think, its a lot more then that, this is just helping them get closer and closer to the extintion list.

Incorrect. Due to all the laws and international bans, you literally have to use a boat and transport the big exotic animal yourself. It is uneconomical to take endangered animals like tigers from the wild. Nearly every single tiger, lion, and a number of other big exotic animals are captive bred either by zoos or responsible people. Do large exotic animals, such as bears and cougars, that live here sometimes get taken from the wild? It used to, but the laws and penalties for doing so are beyond cruel to someone that gets caught taking an animal from the wild. It’s uneconomical and with today’s urban sprawl and gated parks it’s just about impossible to get away with this without someone seeing the offense, hearing about it, or tattling on someone that was involved in the event. It just doesn’t happen anymore when it comes to larger exotic animals. It does happen with smaller reptiles and such, but not very often at all. Society has grown up from where it was 30 years ago.

Quote:

KM
It�s far too easy to purchase animals who have a high potential to be dangerous like bears, big cats, etc. It seems like in most places all you need to get a tiger is internet access and a credit card (well, I guess that�s all you need in any place, but that�s all you need from a legal standpoint in most places.)

Where can you buy a big exotic animal with just a credit card? I don’t know where you live, but these places do not exist in the USA anymore. They have been driven out of business. I challenge you to find even one organization that doesn’t do permit checking, contractual agreements, and/or inspections of potential buyers. Just one! You will not find one. There are no more official big cat breeders in the USA. The only way to get one now is to form some sort of relationship with a zoo or someone who already owns them and doesn’t advertise themselves as a breeder.

04/04/08  11:30pm

Dragongirl6
View Profile

Message To: DragonMyr   In reference to Message Id: 1689873

ANY animal ban is a terrible way to solve a problem. Have you seen the issues with pit bulls? Banning pits not only forces many people to give up their beloved pets, but it doesn’t at all solve the pit fighting problems they were supposed to solve in the first place! The people treating the animals badly and participating in fighting rings are already committing a felony before the ban, so why would the ban stop them? Not only that, but people will just start training different breeds of dogs to fight and be aggressive.

Yes, there will always be bad owners of every animal, but it is way harder to care for a wild animal and frankly, wild animals belong in the wild, just as domestic animals belong in homes where they are taken care of! Humans have it all backwards, caging wild animals and dumping domestic ones outside. Many states do not have animal protection laws that include wild and laboratory animals, so cruelty to wild animals is not a felony as it is to domestic ones.

Sure, you can give two cougars a two acre cage and provide them with the right care, but the fact is that two acres is a teeny tiny FRACTION of what a cougar would enjoy in the wild. Does your friend provide them with live food to hunt and kill? And even if he does it isn’t natural and would be way too easy to catch on two acres. The fact is, they are still in a cage when they belong in the wild, and two acres really isn’t very much space for two giant cats to live their entire lives in. Are there native plants in the cage? Is everything provided that would be in their natural habitat? Is the weather identical?

If you go to the ASPCA website, or watch their shows, you see tons of people with large, exotic, wild animals in horrible conditions. No, it isn’t easy to get a hold of a giant cat, but it is pretty easy to neglect one once you have it. Do you think it is just a coincidence that every single SPCA, zoo, wildlife center, and animal protection agency in the world is against keeping exotic and wild animals as pets?
Link
Link
Link
Link
Link

The only reason wild animals should ever be in captivity is if they are either rescued from pet homes or threatened or endangered species and licensed wildlife centers or zoos are working to increase their numbers both in captivity and in the wild. I spent six weeks in a wildlife center in Uganda with hundreds of rescue animals from pet homes or other zoos. These animals just don’t belong as pets, or in captivity at all, and cannot be provided with every bit of nutrition found in the wild, as much space as is in their natural habitat, or the ability to exhibit natural behaviors such as mating, living in large groups, hunting, etc. It is far more accurate and possible to replicate the needs of a domestic rat or a guinea pig than those of a lion, tiger, or chimpanzee. It takes thousands and thousands of years to domesticate an animal, and we really need to stick to the domestic animals we’ve already got that have been neglected, abandoned, and dumped in shelters.

04/05/08  01:32am

Primal_Heart
View Profile

Message To: Dragongirl6   In reference to Message Id: 1689959

I think their SHOULD be a ban, with exception. I dont think JUST ANYONE can go buy an exotic / big cat just because they can spew some facts they read on the internet. I think it should be as complicated as adopting a child, with a strict proceedure. testing knowledge, home visits, probably even yearly home visits to ensure the maintained and proper care.

Yea im sure that is very annoying for the "right" person, but the right person should welcome this screening process knowing that there wont be any morons passing this process.

Also i do NOT think u should own a big cat "coz u dont feel like going to the zoo". that’s flippin selfish. if you’re not ACTIVELY doing something to improve the life of these animals, say, rescueing them from the idiots that got them as housepets, or establishing a population to aid in improving their stronghold in the wild, they just should not be kept based on the fact that "you admire/love/want" one. regardless of if u treat it like a pet or a wild animal.

a quick note on the old "for educational purposes" excuse. OMG shut up!! you dont need a LIVE TIGER to teach people about tigers!!!! I hate that people think classrooms are a valid excuse to own, and in some cases, such as a thread going on in the venomous snake forum justifying removing venom glands from snakes, MUTILATE animals. Next people are going to say its okay to declaw your tiger if its being used for education, to ensure the safety of the public. Here’s a novel idea, how about we just DONT put a chain on a tiger and parade him around, expecting him to ignore little johnny who’s darting by holding a chili dog!!

09/13/09  01:05am

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Primal_Heart   In reference to Message Id: 2071093

No one should own a large dangerous animal that has the potential to rip your head off even though they were raised by you from cub. It’s stupid people who think it’s ok that get killed or babdly injured. It’s stupid. They are wild animals and so belong in the wild, zoo’s do take proper care of the big cats, better then you ever could, I happen to be going to college just so I can work at the zoo with the big cats. The zoo’s make enough money to pay a exotic vet to properly vaccinate and care for them when they are sick, the zoo makes enough money to feed them better food then just raw hamburger and raw chicken, and to give them enough to fill them up and keep them at a healthy weight. They have a large enough enclosure to run and play and be a big cat. But even in the zoo they don’t live a happy life. They need to be in the wild, all of them. No one should own and animal that isn’t able to be owned. They are amazing and free and should be kept that way.

09/29/09  11:59am

Xchairity_casex
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2078196

I dont think anyone should own big cats,bears,aligators,or even pytons without having a license. so many of them do go to bad homes with carless people who cant care for them. every tome i go into the pet shop and see the little pythons and boas and read formation on them that they have displayed beside the care and it says things like "easy to care for" "is smaller then the average python/boa" it sends the wrong mesage to stupid people whos children and bratty teenagers beg for them. i am not against people owning theese animals i am against having them so readily available to the public. i think owning a big cat or other wild animal should be hard to do and be costly to begin the process. have people check your credit,have the person make so much money a year and basically be as difficult as it is to adopt a dog from a rescue group. people still do it and the ones that do are the ones that take proper care for them and deserve to own them.

04/06/10  04:58pm

Retile_expert
View Profile

Message To: Xchairity_casex   In reference to Message Id: 2138866

I agree with you and most of the other people who commented on this forum. People who can and will care for these exotic animals should be able to but those idiot people who think this will be a peice of cake and do no research or don’t even have any knowledge on the animal shouldn’t have one. It rememinds me of my 14year old cousin who wanted my burmese python. He has snakes and lizards so I gave a test to take care of the python for a month before I let him keep it. He failed so I kept it. The thing that I agree with you is that the pet shops do have those signs by the small pythons and monitros cages saying easy to care for, it’s true that they can be easy to care for while small but the petshops don’t think about when the animals or who buys them. When I went to a local petshop they had a wild caught rock python that was just a youngster and the sign said it was very tame. I went to buy it but once the lady picked it up it began to bite her so I told her it wasn’t tame and I don’t want it. Just because of that I try not to go to petshops for animals I want, I always try to go to a rescue shelter or even just an animal shelter for my pets. I guess my point is that you can’t always trust petshops on what they say and where they say they get there animals and with the big exotic animals you should NOT own an animal if you can’t care for it which would include space,food,cagin,lighting,and for those pets who need attention the love and attention.

02/19/11  05:15pm

Ryuuzan
View Profile

Message To: Retile_expert   In reference to Message Id: 2205812

I’m not too sure how I feel about this all when my brother and I lived in another part of the world (as I’m now in Canada) he had a big cat as a "pet" but it had a large enough place and more money to throw at it the the avg person... It was more like a reserve because they’re wild and can never really fully be rammed just mearly held at ones own personal gain for viewing and such. Because frankly you can’t just take your big cat for a walk down the sidewalk. They require so much. Which so many people forget... I dunno we no longer have her. She was donated to a large park where I’m happy to say she lives a happy life (not that we couldn’t have givin her one) but I dunno after that I’m happy with owning a simple dog rabbit bird and snake xD

so I guess be prepaired is all I really have to say lol if you have a bear, I’m sure a cat is nothing to you. XD I belive in the end it’s truely want you want outta it, I think there’s something you just shouldn’t own... Like I will personally never own a hot because I know I can’t take care of them I’d be too scared. But I mean if you wanna own a large cat that’s your choice just that they’re very very hard to take care of and are never really your "pet". maybe there just are something human’s weren’t ment to keep as pets?

My 2 cents
-流産

05/03/11  06:33am
Pages 1

Back to Exotics Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area