Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Exotics Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Exotics Forum

CrzyKneebRdrd   Draco1215   LGL   CrzyKneebRdrd   LGL   LGL   LGL   CrzyKneebRdrd   Draco1215   LGL   CrzyKneebRdrd   LGL   LGL   CrzyKneebRdrd   Draco1215   CrzyKneebRdrd   Draco1215   CrzyKneebRdrd   LGL   CrzyKneebRdrd   LGL   CrzyKneebRdrd   Draco1215   CrzyKneebRdrd   CrzyKneebRdrd   Draco1215   CrzyKneebRdrd   Draco1215   CrzyKneebRdrd   Draco1215  
Pages 1 2 Next
 Member  Message

CrzyKneebRdrd
View Profile

Sugar Gliders

Anyone know anything about Sugar Gliders? I wanna get 2 soon, once I save up my money! They’re expensive!

08/02/04  10:45pm

Draco1215
View Profile

Message To: CrzyKneebRdrd   In reference to Message Id: 112951

Sugar Gliders

YEAH! I LOVE GLIDERS. I HAVE THREE. WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW???

08/07/04  03:43pm

LGL
View Profile

Message To: CrzyKneebRdrd   In reference to Message Id: 112951

Sugar Gliders

Yah, I’m interestede in them too!!! I’m going to get 1 when I’m older, and if I really like it, I’ll get another!!!! Here is a GREAT site: SunCoast Sugar Gliders

Hope this helps and good luck!!!

LGL

08/07/04  04:16pm

CrzyKneebRdrd
View Profile

Message To: LGL   In reference to Message Id: 116255

Sugar Gliders

LGL, 1st thing I think you should know b4 anything is they hafta live in at least 2 haha. But I have just been looking up pricing on cage materials and it’s gunna cost me about $85 for a 2’ x 2’ x 5’ cage for 2 gliders. I’m kinda looking for someone who will breed them and sell me 1, but who doesn’t usually breed. I know you need a USDA license but can it really b that important? I’ll prolly look for 2 or 3 of someones pets that they are just selling, does someone need a USDA license to sell a pet? Just to sell a baby they bred right? It’s just so expensive! I’ll do it if I need to, they’re such cool animals. I Just need about $400 bucks haha. I was wondering tho, do you think I could feed them hamster food and mealworms? Plus some fruits and vegis here and there. If not is there any other food that I could give them that is available at, say, a local petco or Petsmart? I’m jw, I would deff feed them fruits and vegis if this would not work. If you are able to, please IM me on AIM at RoxyBoardin or HamsterKid324 thanks!

08/07/04  10:39pm

LGL
View Profile

Message To: CrzyKneebRdrd   In reference to Message Id: 116425

Sugar Gliders

Sorry, I don’t have AIM, so I would have to talk to you on RepticZone.com. Anyway, you don’t NEED to have 2, it’s just that they normally do better if there are 2. I’m proably goibng to buy 1 in 5-8 years, and then save up more money and buy another after about a year or so...

LGL

08/08/04  01:16am

LGL
View Profile

Message To: CrzyKneebRdrd   In reference to Message Id: 116425

Sugar Gliders

Sorry, I don’t have AIM, so I would have to talk to you on RepticZone.com. Anyway, you don’t NEED to have 2, it’s just that they normally do better if there are 2. I’m probably going to buy 1 in 5-8 years, and then save up more money and buy another after about a year or so...

LGL

08/08/04  01:17am

LGL
View Profile

Message To: LGL   In reference to Message Id: 116511

Sugar Gliders

Oops!!! I didn’t know that when I corrected my mistake, that I had already posted!!! Sorry!!! Ignore my first post!!!!

LGL

08/08/04  01:18am

CrzyKneebRdrd
View Profile

Message To: LGL   In reference to Message Id: 116514

Sugar Gliders

Yeah that’s sorta kinda what I was planning on doing too after reading some more specificly about that. I plan to spend like 2-3 hours a day with him everyday and more on weekend cuz I wouldn’t have school. This will be really easy for me concidering I really don’t have much of a life hahaha. So I’m going to build a 2’ x 2’ x 5’ cage for 1 male (preferably male) and just basically spoil him!

08/08/04  04:58pm

Draco1215
View Profile

Message To: CrzyKneebRdrd   In reference to Message Id: 116806

Sugar Gliders

HI SORRY I HAVEN’T REPLIED. HAVE YOU GUYS FOUND THE BREEDER YOU’RE GETTING THEM FROM? THERE IS A LIST OF BREEDERS ON BREEDERLIST.COM. I DEFINITLY WOULDN’T GIVE THEM HAMSTER FOOD. THERE USED TO BE A FOOD MADE FOR THEM THAT WAS SOLD AT PET SUPPLIES PLUS WHEN I GOT MY GLIDERS (ABOUT 5 YEARS AGO) BUT ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO THEY STOPPED SELLING IT. TRY SUNCOAST’S GLIDER STORE. ANOTHER THING IS TRY TO GET A NEUTERED MALE BECAUSE INTACT MALES REALLY SMELL. IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS JUST ASK.

08/09/04  01:32pm

LGL
View Profile

Message To: Draco1215   In reference to Message Id: 117219

Sugar Gliders

Actually, I already found SunCoast Sugar Gliders (as you can see, I posted a link to it above), and yes, that is where I’ll be buying them. Since I e-mailed them with questions, and they strongley recommended 2, and I read on their website that it is best to buy them both at the same time, I will be buying one Neutured Male, and a Female when I buy them.

LGL

08/09/04  05:09pm

CrzyKneebRdrd
View Profile

Message To: LGL   In reference to Message Id: 117341

Sugar Gliders

That’s cool, I have been trying to find a local breeder to avoid absured shipping charges but I think I’m gunna end up having to pay shipping. But I have so much time on my hands even once school starts that I’m only going to get 1 for now unlessI feel I have enough money to buy 2. I know I will have enough but I don’t want to cut it close with food and everything since I will be feeding my own recipe that I kinda made up haha. It’s basically a vegi, fruit, mealworm, and calcium dust mix and here it is: 1/8 Apple, 3 grapes, mini carrot, 15 peas, 1/8 banana, 15 raisins, and 3 mealworms all dusted with Leopard Gecko Dust by T Rex. I think I’m going to have a small bowl of hamster food just for a snack if she wanted it. I looked at the bag and it has 12% protien and 4% fat so it shouldn’t be too bad as just a snack if she wants it. I also decided just to get a female instead of a male but it really just depends on what they have at the breeder’s when I am ready to buy. I have a question on cage building. My mom doesn’t think that my idea will work but I’m pretty sure it will. So here’s my plan: take 14 gage wire mesh (1" x 1/2") and cut it into four 2’ x 5’ pieces, one 2’ x 2’, and two 1’ x 2’ pieces. The four 2’x 5’ pieces would be all four sides. The 2’ x 2’ piece would be the top. I will have a cage pan on the bottom to catch food and poo and all that. Then each of the 1’ x 2’ pieces will be shelves. I basically am just connecting the pieces together with J-Clips and I think the cage will just sit inside the pan unless I think of another way to connect it haha. So if anyone has any ideas please let me know and let me know if you think this is a good plan. Also, I have 2 geckos in my room and in the same room my suggie will be in. Will she go after them? I know they eat reptiles in the wild and these are small, only like 7 and 8 inched long so I’m thinking she might go after them. I plan to let her out right after school until I go to bed. I also have hamsters that I breed. Will they be a problem? Thanks in advance, bye!

08/10/04  09:25pm

LGL
View Profile

Message To: CrzyKneebRdrd   In reference to Message Id: 118171

Sugar Gliders

I think you should read this article about what Calcium to use (SunCoast Sugar Gliders says that people should use Rep-Cal for Sugar Gliders, and I totally agree after reading this article): Rep-Cal Article

Hope this helps!!!

LGL

08/10/04  10:00pm

LGL
View Profile

Message To: CrzyKneebRdrd   In reference to Message Id: 118171

Sugar Gliders

I just reread your post, and thought I’d post. I think that just in case your Suggie does go after your Leos, you should make sure that the lids are on tightly so your Suggie can’t get to them. Oh, and thanks for bringing that up (I have Leos too!!!).

LGL

08/11/04  09:20am

CrzyKneebRdrd
View Profile

Message To: LGL   In reference to Message Id: 118425

Sugar Gliders

Well, since I have repts I already have the calcium suppliment which I will use for my suggie. My leo’s don’t have a cover and they don’t like covers, they freaked out when I put 1 on them, running around the cage franticly, biting each other, and then when I took it ooff they were fine so they don’t like covers. But I will have to do something about that. I might move them onto my desk in a 10 gallon since that’s where I usually am. Well, maybe I’ll just try the cover again. I’m selling 1 leo because they fight now so I guess I’ll only have 1. If anyone is interested in a lavender pattern female, 7-8 months old very healthy eccept for tail loss caused by fighting (with another female). Her tail has not grown back yet since it is so recently fallen off but it will grow back. If anyone is interested in her please let me know. I’m selling her for $50 or best offer.

08/11/04  01:19pm

Draco1215
View Profile

Message To: CrzyKneebRdrd   In reference to Message Id: 118539

Sugar Gliders

THE CAGE PLAN SOUNDS GREAT! I HAVE 2 BEARDED DRAGONS, 2 LEOPARD GECKOS, 2 LOVEBIRDS, AND MY HERD OF HEDGEHOGS IN THE ROOM WITH MY GLIDERS SO THAT SHOULDN’T BE A PROBLEM.

08/12/04  03:31pm

CrzyKneebRdrd
View Profile

Message To: Draco1215   In reference to Message Id: 119075

Sugar Gliders

o ok cool. Well I got another hamster today (my 3rd) and my mom was like THAT’S IT, NO MORE ANIMALS! So I won’t have anymore anytime soon. In a few years, when I have my own place I will DEFFINETLY be getting 1. Wow that’s weird, I can live on my own in just over 2 years o man. I MIGHT b breeding my new female and my older, but still young male, my female is WAY too young right now tho lol. She’s tiny, SOOO cute. I’ll try to get pics up. Actually I’ll put pics up of all my hamsters haha. By the way, I E-mail Lisa at SunCoast Gliders and she won’t sell to any under age kids who want gliders and their parents don’t have a personal interest in them. I think we all know (if not they do now) that my mom has NO interest in any of my animals so I had to tell her the truth. Besides I got this ADORABLE little girl today haha. Right now she’s no name but I’m thinkin about Claire, it sounds weird, doesn’t really fit her I don’t think. Any ideas? My other hamsters names are Molly and Benny. My little girl is a dulled charcoal banded with like a dominant spot back half, very weird haha. I’ll get pics! But I need help with a name!

08/12/04  10:05pm

Draco1215
View Profile

Message To: CrzyKneebRdrd   In reference to Message Id: 119281

Sugar Gliders

I WISH I COULD HELP WITH NAME THING BUT I CAN NEVER THINK OF A GOOD NAME. MY MOM ALWAYS SAYS NO MORE ANIMALS BUT I CAN USUALLY GET HER TO LET ME GET ANOTHER 1 OR 2 MORE.

08/13/04  04:49pm

CrzyKneebRdrd
View Profile

Message To: Draco1215   In reference to Message Id: 119743

Sugar Gliders

Haha yeah well same here! The day after I get an animal and she says NO MORE! I get her to say I can get a sugar glider haha. I was just wondering, I know taller is better for them. But I found 2 cages that would both be awesome! So which 1? The 1st one is 32" x 20" x 30" and $80, here’s a link Cage 1 and the second cage is 24" x 18" x 36" and $100, here’s a link to that 1 Cage 2 So the question is, which 1? I think both have the right size bar spacing so that’s not a problem. The 1st cage is a lot wider but the 2nd cage is taller and I know taller is better. I’ll prolly end up with the taller 1 unless someone can talk me out of it or show me another good cage no more than $100. I’m getting my glider once I save up the money and I have like $70 now haha. I’m selling my guitar soon for like $150 bucks.... I need a buyer 1st haha. It’s a Fullteron electric with an amp if anyone wants to buy it, comes with a big book to teach u to play and clean it and EVERYTHING! Anyways, I have to get honor roll the 1st quarter of school first. I’ll let you know what happens. Also, if anyone has a sugar glider could you give me a list of EVERYTHING you have for him or her and the diet you feed. I’m planning to feed a freshly made meal (I’ll make a 3 day supply every 3 days) made of celery, carrots, lettuce, and some other vegitables, I havn’t quite figured out EXACTLY what I’m gunna feed her yet, but I’ll figure it out.

08/13/04  08:31pm

LGL
View Profile

Message To: CrzyKneebRdrd   In reference to Message Id: 119281

Sugar Gliders

I guess I can’t get one for awhile... Lol!!!

LGL

08/13/04  08:49pm

CrzyKneebRdrd
View Profile

Message To: LGL   In reference to Message Id: 119899

Sugar Gliders

why not? Did I miss something?

08/13/04  09:55pm

LGL
View Profile

Message To: CrzyKneebRdrd   In reference to Message Id: 119943

Sugar Gliders

Yoy said, "By the way, I E-mail Lisa at SunCoast Gliders and she wonít sell to any under age kids who want gliders and their parents donít have a personal interest in them.", so I replyed to your meesage by saying that I guess I can’t get one for awhile.

LGL

08/14/04  09:49am

CrzyKneebRdrd
View Profile

Message To: LGL   In reference to Message Id: 120182

Sugar Gliders

O haha, yeah I get it now. Well I’ve E-mail animalsexotique.com a few times just to figure out what they’re about and possibilities of buying from them and they sound good. They’re $100 there but they’re on sale and will be more after September 1st. I will look a lot harder then I actually have the money. I havn’t even really decided between a ferret or a sugar glider. Cuz a ferret would only be like $250 innitially. A sugar glider would b $600 since you hafta get 2 and ship them. It’s less than 1/2 the price since there’s no shipping and you only have to buy 1. Ferret’s are playfull, but gliders bond way more and really love their owners. I dunno I guessit just depends on how ancy I am to pet one or the other once I have the $! I’ll most likely end up with a ferret but I want both haha.

08/14/04  04:16pm

Draco1215
View Profile

Message To: CrzyKneebRdrd   In reference to Message Id: 120325

Sugar Gliders

CAGE 2 LOOKS GREAT! I WOULD GET A GLIDER INSTEAD OF A FERRET. I’VE NEVER HAD A FERRET BUT MY COUSIN BOUGHT 2 BABIES AND THEY GOT REALLY MEAN. ABOUT THE DIET THING I’D GIVE THEM MORE FRUIT THAN VEGGIES BUT I GIVE THEM WHATEVER IS IN SEASON. I STARTED GIVING THEM TOFU AND 2 OF MINE WON’T EAT IT PLAIN SO I MIX IT WITH FRUIT, HONEY, AND YOGURT. ANOTHER THING IS LOOK FOR A LOCAL BREEDER BECAUSE SHIPPING IS PRETTY EXPENSIVE. IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER ?’S JUST ASK.

08/14/04  11:34pm

CrzyKneebRdrd
View Profile

Message To: Draco1215   In reference to Message Id: 120505

Sugar Gliders

Yeah shipping is my only problem. If it wasn’t for shipping I would have no problems getting 1 and spending the money. I can’t find any local breeders in New Hampshire! I feel like I’m throwing away my money with the shipping. I have heard a lot of people saying that there ferrets have turned mean so I’m prety much planning on a glider but I really need to find a local breeder! There is 1 local store near me that MIGHT sell them, they kind of get different animals every so often so I’ll have to call them and ask. If not maybe they’ll buy a few to sell with a request or something. But I have a TON of time so I’m only getting 1. Plus, I’ve talked to my teachers and dean at my school and they said that they will let me take my sugar glider to school. But I can only bring her on days that I have a science class or a class where she would be needed. It just so happens that I have biology 1st semester and plant & animal science 2nd semester so I get to bring her to school everyday!!! I found this really cool carrying case thingy at Petco that I’m gunna buy when I get her. It’s awesome, I’m not gunna describe the entire thing, here’s a link: Carrier It has a water bottle attatchment, leash clip, fuax fur bottom, and a lot more. It’s like the perfect size too! So I will EASILY be able to spend plenty of time with her everyday. I am either going to get cage 2 that I showed you guys or build 1 a foot or two taller. I will have to go to my feed store (they sell cage making supplies) and check out prices and all. I put together my own little diet that I’m planning on feeding my glider. I actually had it on my computer and I messed up my computer and I lost it. I will write it out again. I had just made it so I don’t have it memorized so I’ll have to check it. It was basically a mix of chopped fruits and then a modified leadbeaters diet as a snack everyday. The leadbeaters is dusted with calcium powder too. Oh, and I plan to give hand fed yogurt everyday too. By hand fed I mean like putting some on my fingure and letting her lick it off. It’s just a bonding thing I guess haha, I plan to do this with apple suace too. If you want to know the leadbeater’s diet I found here’s the link to it, scroll ALL the way to the bottom: Mod. Leadbeaters I will figure out the staple diet I put together and let you guys know. Can someone tell me what they feed their gliders?

08/15/04  03:50pm

CrzyKneebRdrd
View Profile

Message To: CrzyKneebRdrd   In reference to Message Id: 120693

Sugar Gliders

Okay here is the entire diet:
All even amounts of (main diet):
Apple
Banana
Grapes
Orange with skin
Pear
Sweet Potato
Mealworms periodically

Leadbeater’s Recipe (snack):
150 ml warm water
150 ml honey
1 shelled, hard boiled egg
25 grams cereal
Dusted with calcium dust

Exo Terra electrod3ize suppliment in the water

How is that?

08/15/04  04:04pm

Draco1215
View Profile

Message To: CrzyKneebRdrd   In reference to Message Id: 120706

Sugar Gliders

I WOULD PICK 2 OF THOSE KINDS OF FRUIT AND ROTATE THEM EVERY NIGHT. I WOULDN’T TAKE IT TO SCHOOL EVERYDAY BECAUSE IT MIGHT STRESS IT OUT. MAYBE ONCE A WEEK? THAT CARRIER IS REALLY COOL I MIGHT GET 1 FOR MY GLIDERS AND MY MONKEY.

08/15/04  11:23pm

CrzyKneebRdrd
View Profile

Message To: Draco1215   In reference to Message Id: 121057

Sugar Gliders

Monkey? Unless your monkey is a marmoset you shouldn’t put her in that small of a carrier hahaha. I’m actually just gunna make one for very cheap! I bought "ice" blue colored fleece today and I’m gunna make a custom sized carrier out of it with removable cardboard in between 2 pieces of fleece. It’s gunna have a water bottle nozzle hole so you can have a water bottle outside and have the nozzle inside for her to drink through. It’s gunna have mesh on the top and front for her to look up at me and out to where she’s going. I’m making it custom made for me with a zipper and everything. I’m also going to have a little pocket on the side that will be against my body for a wallet or anything you will have to carry. I can make you one for a price if you’de like. I can make it any size with any colored fabric. I’ll get pics up when I get mine and I can make 1 for you if you want. I’m not sure how much I’ll hafta make it. I’ll have to figure it out. It shouldn’t be too too much tho. I can make it custom size for your monkey too. Just let me know and I’ll figure out how much it will be!

08/21/04  10:21pm

Draco1215
View Profile

Message To: CrzyKneebRdrd   In reference to Message Id: 125649

Sugar Gliders

YEAH HE IS A BABY GEOFFERY MARMOSET. HE FITS IN THE PALM OF MY HAND. GOOD IDEA ABOUT THE CARRIER IT WOULD SAVE MONEY.

08/22/04  01:26am

CrzyKneebRdrd
View Profile

Message To: Draco1215   In reference to Message Id: 125780

Sugar Gliders

awww how cute! I want a marmoset! I’m not getting a glider tho cuz my mom won’t let me get more than 1 and I don’t want her to die from lonliness. I’m looking into a flying squirrel now lol.

08/25/04  02:55pm

Draco1215
View Profile

Message To: CrzyKneebRdrd   In reference to Message Id: 128450

Sugar Gliders

I HAD A GLIDER WHO COULDN’T BE WITH OTHER GLIDERS BECAUSE HE WOULD FIGHT WITH THEM AND HE DID GREAT SO YOU COULD TRY IT. I DO REALLY LIKE FLYERS TO BUT I THOUGHT THAT THEY HAD TO BE IN GROUPS TO BUT I’M NOT SURE.

08/25/04  04:46pm
Pages 1 2 Next

Back to Exotics Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area