Dogs Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Bctwow   KrazyKelli   Mali man   DavidHernandez  

Member  Message

Bctwow
View Profile

Siberian Husky?

I recently adopted a husky,Dallas, from a no kill shelter(no papers), after a few months of having a wonderful dog i started to wonder why he was much larger than my cousins pure bred Husky. He is around 35 inches tall to the lowest point of his back and weighs over 100lbs he is just a big dog, he makes my great dane look like an average sized dog. i guess i never put 2 and 2 together until now :P. Just wondering what i really have whether a mix or whatever lol. Another thing he is territorial with some things when he finds somthing he likes its his and he is very protective of me and only me no one else matters to him, just never seen that in the many dogs ive had.

Thank you

10/21/12  12:44am

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: Bctwow   In reference to Message Id: 2283418

Siberian Husky?

There are dog breeds out there that look like huskies. Malamutes are like giant-versions of huskies and, as far as I know, more laid back. Freaking horse-sized dogs, I tell you. You could have a Malamute or a husky/Mala cross. That or you just have an unusually big and well-fed husky. Not impossible.

You will need to train the dog out of his toy aggression and protective nature. Responsible thing to do. Big dog can cause a lot of damage to unknowing people. Need to assert your dominance instead of laying back and letting the dog do what it wants. Nip those issues in the bud before they get worse.

10/28/12  11:23am

Mali man
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 2284015

Siberian Husky?

could you post a pic, it would make a guess easier

01/18/16  07:34am

DavidHernandez
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 2284015

Siberian Husky?

I am agree with @KrazyKelli.