Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Dogs Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

KrazyKelli   Lani123   Removed By System   Rae rae   KrazyKelli   Rae rae   KrazyKelli  

Member  Message

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Sooo... Dog Carts

My vet told me to do research on dog carts, expenses regarding, and good kinds compared to bad ones. Long story short, Yukito may need one some time in the next few months, for the rest of his life.

So yeah, if anyone’s had experience in the matter - or knows someone who does - , you know.. Pip up. My main worry is the harness pinching at the shoulders and dislocating the front arms. Other than that, I don’t know what I might be getting myself into.

04/06/12  11:26pm

Lani123
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 2261799

Sooo... Dog Carts

I don’t know. I had a mini lop once that had a birth defect that got worse and worse. At one point when she was about 6 months, she could only drag herself across the cage with her front legs. She looked pretty messed up at that point, her front legs were really really buff and strong for having to do all the work. And her back legs where almost rotting away, full of pee and stinky because she could not groom herself there. There was the option to get her a tiny cart, but even the vet didn’t know 100% how long she could stay alive. Sad day. We had to put her to sleep.

I guess just a story, lol. I don’t really know anything about dog/animal carts.

04/10/12  12:16pm

Removed By System
View Profile

Dogs

Removed By System

04/10/12  12:17pm

Rae rae
View Profile

Sooo... Dog Carts

Wow! Is his arthritis gotten that bad?! Poor thing! Are you talking about like a dog wheelchair? IF so, I haven’t had any personal experience with any of my dogs, but I have ordered them for clients’ dogs. They should take his measurements, and after it comes in, then they will fit him in it. At least that’s what we always did.

Sounds like the poor little fellow isn’t having the best of luck! Hope it works out for you.

04/28/12  04:44pm

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: Rae rae   In reference to Message Id: 2264623

Sooo... Dog Carts

It turns out that Yuki doesn’t have arthritis after all. He’s actually remarkably healthy for a 9 year old dog. What’s going on right now is likely DM (Degenerative Myeloma), which is the nerves dieing off slowly. It’s a disease that’s extremely common in older corgis and is entirely genetic.

I’ve gotten into contact with a group called Corgis on Wheels, which will loan me a dog wheelchair at a much cheaper cost than buying one. It’ll help me figure out which cart is best for him. The one I’ve been looking at is called Walkin’ Wheels, however people have been telling me that, while it’s brilliant, it’s built for bigger dogs and is heavier for a corgi. So I’m now looking at K-9 East and West cart brands, which look a little... uh.. crappier? I’ll have to figure out which cart to rent and see how it goes.

That is, once I get more cash. Taxes have really wiped the family out this year.

04/29/12  11:36pm

Rae rae
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 2264805

Sooo... Dog Carts

I know what you mean about the money thing!! Well I hope all goes well. Let me know what happens.

04/30/12  02:07am

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: Rae rae   In reference to Message Id: 2264818

Sooo... Dog Carts

I chose to get him a K9 West cart. I opened up a donation pool if anyone’s interested.

Link - journal

http://www.thestreet.d2g.com/VexCorgiFX.mp3 - spoken ad for the donation pool.

05/16/12  02:07pm

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area