Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

Fire4life   KrazyKelli   KrazyKelli  
 Member  Message

Fire4life
View Profile

Rottie/dobie rescue in san diegoo area urgently needed

i have been fostering a dog for a couple months. he is rottweiller/doberman mix, around 3 years old...he is a very sweet boy when it comes to children and females. down side, he is extremely agressive and put another dog into emergency life saving surgery last night... i also believe he was abused by a male, cause he is very fearful of men who raise their voices.... i have been trying to locate a rescue for over a month...either they are full, dont take mixed breeds, or dont return calls or emails... i am desperate!! i know this dog is rehabilitatable, with the propper training. please help!!!

03/15/11  04:19pm

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: Fire4life   In reference to Message Id: 2209710

I can’t really help you over here in Michigan. But I gotta tell you the truth... Most dogs who show aggression are usually not taken, especially in no-kill shelters. If a dog attacks other dogs, it could still be possibly adopted in a single dog home. But if it’s mean to men AND it’s acted out on animals? Something bad could happen to some hapless guy and they don’t want to be held liable.

You could search down the people who own the show DogTown and ask them for assistance. They have a huge facility for aggressive and damaged dogs and try to train some hopefuls back from the brink.

03/15/11  08:31pm

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 2209771

Correction: Fearful to men and attacked an animal. Fear can also spout aggression, especially to a dog that already exhibits aggression, and is more hazardous to deal with because you don’t KNOW when the dog will act out if it does.

03/15/11  08:35pm

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area