Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

Ghastly   Brandy734   Ghastly   Rae rae   Ghastly   Rae rae  
 Member  Message

Ghastly
View Profile

A conversation turner?!

Well I have just been informed on a law that has not ling (apparently) been passed over here it is to de-bark a dog!
Now call me normal but is that not stupid! Same for de-clawing a cat, de-tailing a snake, de-braking a chicken. It’s just one of those things that make the animal for what it is! Now if you don’t want a dog too bark get a flaming Basenji!!!! I am sick and tired of people and vets playing god these days!!

02/14/11  07:11pm

Brandy734
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2204965

A conversation turner?!

My goodness that is awful! Why would someone want to do that? I would never de-bark my dogs. Dogs need their barks for so many different reasons. A dog wouldn’t be a dog if it couldn’t bark. Like right now, as I type this, Capone is barking his little puppy butt off at Slash, who went and grabbed a bone from his crate and decided to chew it right infront of the puppy. Typical Rot. Everytime the Capone gets close Slash gives him a big ol’ rottie smile, and shows him all of this pearly whites.

Anyway, if someone does not want an animal that makes noise, then they need to get a fish or mouse.

02/15/11  08:19am

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Brandy734   In reference to Message Id: 2205061

A conversation turner?!

I would never de-bark a dog nor de-claw a cat I wouldn’t de anything off of a animal! It’s not natural, if they weren’t meant to bark they would have been born that way (although I don’t know why the Basenji can’t bark) cats are supposed to have claws - yes they are nasty claws but still I wouldn’t get rid of them!

You wait we will have de-fun a fish and de-tail mice and rats as we all know how many people hate there tails!!

02/15/11  09:01am

Rae rae
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2205073

A conversation turner?!

yea, we already do things like ear crops, tail docks, declaws, and dewclaws, why continue? before long we will just have nothing but robotic dogs and cats. that way, they are perfectly house trained, hypo-allergenic, never sheds, plays when you want and sleeps when you want. man...what’s the point? there are ways to train a dog to stop barking. seems to me that would be a lot more sensible and a lot cheaper than surgery to do irreversable damage?

02/16/11  10:27pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Rae rae   In reference to Message Id: 2205376

A conversation turner?!

But you will always get people that can’t be bothered training a dog, either basic commands or just to plainly shut up! It’s an easy option for lazy people. The world annoys me the way we are allowed to treat our furbabies and it bugs me so much!!

02/17/11  05:36am

Rae rae
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2205418

A conversation turner?!

it kills me when people come to me with a dog problem. i tell them how to fix the issue with some simple training...and they never do it...but still get rid of the dog. i’m like...why did you ask me advice? i used to train dogs. i had a woman pay me a good bit of money to train her german shepherd. she was about 6 months old at the time and one of the WORST puppies to work with. already jumping and biting! she was making me bleed and putting holes in my clothes. i worked very hard with that dog...and owner to make things work for their family. i had her not jumping, not biting, and doing simple commands to help control her. it was working beautifully. i brought in extra tools, special collars, etc...and advised her to buy certain items. she did everything i asked her to.....while i was there doing sessions. about 6 months after my last session with her she brought her dog into my clinic and i was so embarassed to even say i had EVER worked with her. she is one of the worst dogs that comes in the clinic by far. everyone is scared of her except me. i have had to catch her in midair, while i’m pregnant, before she reached another worker’s face. i have had to grab her by the scruff of her neck use my other arm to pick up her body, and kind of "sling" her quickly into a cage and shut if fast before anyone gets bit. it’s rediculous. after i left the woman stopped doing EVERYTHING i told her to do. let’s the dog do what it wants. so she wasted her money and i wasted my time!!!! that was my last straw. too many idiots like that, and that’s why i dont train dogs anymore, it’s because of the people.

02/19/11  12:23am

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area