Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

Ghastly   Repfanaticlady29   Brandy734   Ghastly  
 Member  Message

Ghastly
View Profile

If it is of intrest to anyone . . .

I have recently just started reading a book called "Raw and natural nutrition for dogs - the definitive guide to homemade meals" by Lew Olson, PhD.
Duet be a raw and homemade meal feeder myself I stumbled across the book cheaply on Amazon my friend Zache read it awhile ago and recommended it too me. It does show you how to correctly feed raw but that’s not why I recommend it I’m only a quarter way through the book and it’s amazing!! It tells you about the history of retail dog food how and why it started etc. and is a real eye opener in more ways than one.

But just thought I would share with you all :)

02/06/11  09:24am

Repfanaticlady29
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2203468

I would so switch my dogs and cats to raw if it were more affordable, or I had more money. I think I’ll refrain from learning more than I already do about kibble until I am feeding raw.

02/06/11  07:27pm

Brandy734
View Profile

Message To: Repfanaticlady29   In reference to Message Id: 2203532

Repfanaticlady- I feel the same way! I wish I could switch them over to raw but can’t afford it yet. They are getting good quality kibble, Taste of the Wild for my adults, and Wellness for the puppy, but I wish I could give them the BEST! However, they get raw meaty bones as treats quite often :)

-Brandy

02/07/11  08:39am

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Brandy734   In reference to Message Id: 2203578

I understand it’s not a cheap thing to do heck I’m just about bank broken lol (Norways very expensive for basic essential let alone non essential foods) I found that buying plain natural yoghurt, goat milk (better than cow milk for there stomachs), cottage cheese etc are good for them too.
I’m quite lucky I get my eggs and goat milk from local farmers for cheap money and since we have a few elderly fishermen I buy cheap sea life from them I do Sunday dinner for Milla as I call it sushi night lol it just a couple of small raw salmon fillet and a hand full of peeled prawns.
Egg shells grounded up are good soured of calcium too.

But don’t think I’m being a pusher I’m not!! Obviously there are good kibble on the Market it’s jut noticing them from the bad ones! Just ashame people couldnt just feed the good kibble then all the bad ones would be out the picture!!

02/07/11  09:03am

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area