Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

Emotionless)-   Emotionless)-   Ghastly   Brandy734   Ghastly   Brandy734   Ghastly   Brandy734   Ghastly   Brandy734   Ghastly   Brandy734   Ghastly   Mk17rules   Brandy734   Ghastly   Brandy734   Ghastly   Ghastly   Rae rae   Brandy734   Retile_expert   Ghastly   Brandy734   Ghastly   Brandy734   Ghastly  
 Member  Message

Emotionless)-
View Profile

This baby got GIVEN to me!

My uncle got this poor 5 week old pit bull puppy from someone in their neighborhood. He decided he couldn’t housebreak it and gave him to me. Hes so young, but what can you do! He is beautiful blue/brindle. I’ve got him on soft food and supplementing him with puppy replacement milk.

01/29/11  09:12pm

Emotionless)-
View Profile

Message To: Emotionless)-   In reference to Message Id: 2201826

opps its me Brandy- Bran421 I forgot my old login info and used a email that I thought was for my Bran username. Oh well, this is an OLD account! lol

01/29/11  09:14pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Emotionless)-   In reference to Message Id: 2201827

OH Brandy how adorable!! How’s he getting along with the gang? If I was in US I’d shove him in my pocket and run away haha remind me of Milla as a bambino

01/30/11  05:34am

Brandy734
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2201895

Its me! I decided to just make a new account!

They are all getting along pretty well! Ava is kinda like a hoarder and likes to watch out for him and likes to keep him all to herself. She will beat the other dogs up when they get too rough. Slash has got to be the weirdest dog I’ve ever seen. He likes to go up to him, circle him, and knock him over with his nose!

How old was Milla in that picture? How are you and her doing?! I also need some name ideas for him. I have no idea what to call him! His parents were huge, I’m thinking hes going to be a big boy.

-Brandy

01/30/11  07:15am

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Brandy734   In reference to Message Id: 2201898

All I could think of is Ava liking the younger man she has claimed her toy boy haha :D lol Slash is a character that’s for sure especially with other stories you have said about him!

Yeah we are both fine thanks getting along wonderfully we watched Marley and Me last night :( have seen the movie before but that was before I had Milla and oh my I cried my eyes out made me realise that she will pass away long before me and I just didn’t want to let go of her!
In that picture it was the day I got her she was 7weeks and 5days only in the house for a couple of mins I plopped her there and she loved that bed a huge bed made by yours truly from duck, chicken and geese feathers most compfiest thing in the world (must make her a new one lol) can’t believe she will be 2 on June 29th this year and then 7weeks an 5days after that I would have had her for 2 years!!!! How time flies!!

01/30/11  09:57am

Brandy734
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2201918

Lol I don’t know if Ava is crushin’ on the baby or being a motherly figure to him? And Slash yes, he is a very strange dog. I’ve got to video tape him, being himself one day so you can see what I mean! Everyone who meets him thinks he is, well, "mental" :)

I’ve never seen Marley and Me! I have seen My Dog Skip though. That one, I’ve watched only one time, and I will never watch it again! Its so sad, it made me tear up at the end. Its funny because I never really get sad when a person dies in movies, but when a dog dies I feel like bawling my eyes out! lol

Time does fly by, Slash will be 3 in June. I can’t believe it! You should post some recent pics of Milla!

01/30/11  10:25am

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Brandy734   In reference to Message Id: 2201922

Well I hope she is just being a mother figure upwards him haha :) ah you must! I love Slash’s antics you would say about plus his goofy pictures reminded me so much of Nelly!

I have never seen nor heard of that movie but I’m going to hunt it out! I’m the same I hate it when the animals get hurt or die in movies but people pfft thats life lol

I have tons of recent ones of her and she has started to do lure racing and weight pull events but he trainings on hold as last weekend she slashed her hind leg open on a broken glass bottle on a walk so has a long deep cut but doesn’t bother her at all only recent ones on here I have are from last Summer but she hasn’t changed in appearance though still a daft big eared idiot :D

01/30/11  12:51pm

Brandy734
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2201949

Ah she is beautiful! I’m wanting to get into weight pulling for this little guy, but I have no idea where to being or how to train...

01/30/11  04:02pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Brandy734   In reference to Message Id: 2201985

Thank you :) have to say she is much prettier actually seeing her than in the photos I think photos don’t do some dogs justice same applies to people lol

I say first golden rule DO NOT pull before he is a year old! Let him develop I started Milla when she was 16 months to play it safe. Get a custom build harness abit pricey but worth it as the ones you can buy that are for certain sizes can damage your dog were as a custom made harness will support and give compfort to your dog in all the right places!
When he is old enough put the harness on him but NO weights or trolley let him play with it on so he sees the harness as a fun thing then when he is confident enough just attach a garden pulley trolley to the harness (you may need to buy a meter long rope as many harnesses dont come with a attachment) make sure the trolley has high cage sides let him practice with that alone on different terrain eg. carpet, sidewalk and grass as many base camps do that and on events your dog needs to know different textures to pull on to apply in certain groups
Then when he is confident slowly add bricks or weights but NEVER rush the process at all as you can and most likely will put him off for life!

Here are a few websites hopefully they can point you in the correct direction :)

Here is a great site for you:
Click Here

Some extra’s just for fun looking

Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here

01/31/11  05:40am

Brandy734
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2202133

Thanks for the info! I was already researching it and found that first website lol. Its got some really good info, I need to find some pull competitions in my area and try to go to one.

Also, we decided to name him Capone. I wanted to call him Rhyno, but everyone else disagreed with me. :( Hes also got to be the smartest puppy I’ve ever dealt with. He has been waking me up crying at night when he wants to go out to potty. During the day he goes and scratches at the door for when he needs to potty, I just can’t believe it, hes only 5 weeks, 5 days! I named him two days ago and hes responding to his name. I find it funny because my Uncle gave him to me due to the fact he couldn’t housebreak him and I’ve had him for 5 days and the past 3 days hes been almost accident-free! Before my uncle even bought him I told him puppys are a lot of work, and pits need lots of training be he didn’t listen, which is fine with me because he just gave him to me :) But needless to say, I’ve got quite the house full of dogs now!

-Brandy

02/01/11  07:59am

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Brandy734   In reference to Message Id: 2202361

Yeah Id say take him to some events and surely someone at them will be able to help you in the right direction! We have a good events over here like the European Bull Breed event in Czech Republic which varies from weight pull, lure racing, protection work, high and long jump, tug of war competition between dogs and a APBT event in Belgium thats amazing as it’s just weight pulling both are crazy cool! :)

I like Rhyno especially the spelling I also think Tank for a bulky boy and Bullet for a fast boy are cool names too. He is definelty a quick learner like Milla was I think APBTs have got to be one of the most easiest trainable breeds on the planet especially since when they do something good they he the fuss which they love so keep on doing the good thing for the hugs lol you just gotta love them!!!!!

02/01/11  08:30am

Brandy734
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2202368

Ahh Tug of war competitions! I didn’t even think of that! I should look into them as he LOVES tug of war, and has quite the bite for a little guy. Right now though, I’m looking into enrolling him into some puppy socialization classes, so he can play with other puppies. I just have to call around and get some prices. :)

Yes, everyone is shocked at how easy he is to train. They are such smart dogs! Prince is also a fast learner.

02/02/11  02:28pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Brandy734   In reference to Message Id: 2202778

Yeah many dogs are matched up to other dogs with equal strength I went to one before I had Milla when me and Zache were doing a large hunt there was a Neapolitan Mastini against a Dogo Argentino that tug lasted a impressive 45mins!! Won by the Neapolitan the most amazing 45mins of my life two of my favourite breeds lol :D
I like puppy school I’d take Milla back if I had too just all the happy pups wanting to play but they can’t . . . kinda like torture on the puppies be half lol

Have you heard about Prince lately? He was f-ing gorgeous dog!!

02/02/11  03:55pm

Mk17rules
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2202797

He is soooo dang cute!!! I love pit bulls they r my favorite breed!!!

02/07/11  02:31am

Brandy734
View Profile

Message To: Mk17rules   In reference to Message Id: 2203563

Thanks.

And Prince is still being fostered by me, however we are pending adoption with one of my family members who met him and adores him. Prince has been in the rescue for over a year. Pits are a really hard breed to adopt out into GOOD loving homes in the Detroit area. We have gotten a few apps on him but everyone seems to back out once I give them a call to set something up. Oh well, hes a very well behaved dog, so its their loss!

02/07/11  08:36am

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Brandy734   In reference to Message Id: 2203576

Poor Prince! He is a stunning dog in looks too. Just ashame people pull out when you arrange a meeting as you said it is his loss! If I could take him I would I adore him for your stories and his handsomeness ^o^

02/07/11  09:05am

Brandy734
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2203585

I wish you could adopt him! If only there was a way :/

02/07/11  09:35am

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Brandy734   In reference to Message Id: 2203588

Uplift Norways breed law and turn the "pond" into a "puddle" haha. If I got Milla as a adult I wouldn’t have her but as she was tiny I just plopped her in my handbag on the passenger side floor of the car and got through the border lol :) many people call me irresponsible and not thinking of my dog they may think that’s true but in Czech where I got her I saved her from being a heavily bred dog, turned into a fighter but as Milla is so timid she would have been used as a bait dog so I saved her from that and bought her into a home where she never has puppies, never been taught to be aggressive to people or animals and since we are a small fishing village she has a huge scenery to play with so to me I’ve given her a life she never would have had in Czech Republic!!

02/08/11  03:56pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Plus I wold love to stay in America as I love going on holiday there (I’m
In Florida in May? For 4weeks XD can’t wait lol) but I doubt I could stay in America and if I did it would be when? Who knows! But I would love Mr. Princey - poo

02/08/11  03:58pm

Rae rae
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2203810

gorgeous!! i sooo love pits! ok, so i haven’t been on here in forever...lots of stuff going on. i’m soo gona have to post some new pics of my own!

02/10/11  01:01am

Brandy734
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2203810

Ahh Florida.. Never been there! I’m stuck way up here in freezing cold Michigan. Oh well!

And Rae rae- thanks!

02/11/11  09:11am

Retile_expert
View Profile

I love pits and I don’t get why the media makes them look bad when they can be just as loving as a lab or golden retriever.

02/14/11  02:38am

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Retile_expert   In reference to Message Id: 2204848

I agree they are such loving dogs! But I had to laugh at the Labrador part my parents Lab isn’t exactly friendly towered strangers and a woman I used to work for when I was in my early teens here’s were Evan worse! But I’m not saying that Labs aren’t friendly as I know they are, it’s just I always read bad press on Bull dog and Bull terrier types but yet I have never witnessed it, only other breeds!

I think at times it is over exaggerated?

02/14/11  04:17am

Brandy734
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2204855

Yep dogs are just dogs- labs are no different. Most pits I’ve met have been more excited and happy to greet a person than the labs I’ve met :)

The most aggressive dogs I’ve met have been toy breeds

02/14/11  04:13pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Brandy734   In reference to Message Id: 2204925

I’ve never came across toy breeds only once I seen 3 Chihuahua in my local petstore a few weeks back!
The most aggressive breed I’ve know are Border Collies I’ve NEVER met a nice one in my life I have personally been bitten and mauled by the breed then Milla has too on three occasions worst is my ex Al his parents owned one and it would sly snap at you when they were out the room then they were back it was over hyper it seen itself as topdog they knew it and didnt care in there words "it’s his house he wants to be top he can" . . . Some people -.-;

02/14/11  05:53pm

Brandy734
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2204951

I’ve never met an aggressive border collie before! It really depends on the dog and the owner. That sucks you & Milla got mauled by them! I’ve been lucky enough to have never been bitten by a dog. Also, Als parents will learn sooner or later that an alpha dog taking over the house is nothing but trouble!

02/15/11  08:05am

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Brandy734   In reference to Message Id: 2205057

I think over her many many people don’t research what they get and non farmers are wannabe farmers with there dogs and farmers dont want farming dogs, that make sense? Therefore all the Collie type dogs are aggressive as there all purchased from working bloodlines therefore full of energy and I’ll mannered and take there energy out in a aggressive manner!

They will learn sooner or later but I’m not paying attention now me and Al aren’t together so when something bad happens they can’t say they were never warned!

02/15/11  08:58am

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area