Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

IceGlowFF5   Ghastly   IceGlowFF5   Ghastly   IceGlowFF5   Ghastly   IceGlowFF5   Ghastly  
 Member  Message

IceGlowFF5
View Profile

PLEASE HELP!!! IT’S HARLEE :’(

ok a lot of you know about our Rottweiler Harlee. well i think something is wrong with her back legs :’( can anyone tell me the common signs of hip displasia? she is 9 years old if that helps. please help me!

01/13/11  05:22pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: IceGlowFF5   In reference to Message Id: 2198147

Stiff joints, lack of mobility, leg dragging (either the one or both hind leg), doing toilet can be difficulty in females, clicking, severly lame, falling.
If she has hip dysplacia or Evan bad arthritis she should be prescribed Meloxicam - Metacam. If not I’d recommend you ask for it due to it being a strong pain killer and anti-inflamitary.
If she does have HD or Evan Arthritis obviously diet should be well so she doesn’t become over weight as this puts a ton of pressure on the joint and makes it worse (although I’ve never known Harlee to be a tubby tub) exercise should be brisk, short walks and on one level (no up or down hill as it will put pressure on to).
Hopefully she doesn’t have it my parents choco Lab Cassie has I from 14weeks old and is now 5 it’s not nice but they have made it worse for Cassie as she doesn’t get walked and is on a poor diet so is beyond morbidly obese, poor thing.

All the best though and give the ol’ girl a hug from me ;)

01/14/11  04:06am

IceGlowFF5
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2198264

thnx Ghastly! she is on a good diet. she eats twice a day a bowl full of food. i’m afraid she’s going to die :’(. she doesn’t exercise(i believe it’s cuz she is either lazy or just slow to moving) so she is a little overweight but not bad. we can’t take her on walks cuz she doesn’t behave. :/

01/14/11  07:58am

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: IceGlowFF5   In reference to Message Id: 2198277

You are welcome friend :)
She may no move that much due to joints weather it be HD or minor arthritis, as both issues can start long before major/minor symptoms appear generally larger dogs Evan small dogs are good at hiding there discomfort.
Keep us updated I sent best wishes for you both

01/14/11  11:40am

IceGlowFF5
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2198311

i def. will! and thnx! as of today Harlee seemed much better. she was standing normally but it took her a little effort to get up from a sitting position :(. but she wasn’t limping or anything like that which made me happy to see and she is eating so i’m guessing she isn’t sick

01/14/11  06:30pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: IceGlowFF5   In reference to Message Id: 2198377

Always best to pop to the vet surgery to get a check over as Harlee (like others) they won’t let themselves starve lol

01/15/11  06:08am

IceGlowFF5
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2198477

LOL. yeah. so how have u been? i haven’t been on here in a while. i decided to create a new account since the name is more my style now lol

01/15/11  11:18am

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: IceGlowFF5   In reference to Message Id: 2198504

Yeah been ok yourself? How’s Harlee getting along now? Better I hope!

01/30/11  05:35am

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area