Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

Repfanaticlady29   Ghastly   Vwvixen02   Repfanaticlady29   Ghastly   Repfanaticlady29   Repfanaticlady29   Ghastly   Repfanaticlady29   FutureVet123   Repfanaticlady29   FutureVet123   Rae rae   Repfanaticlady29   Repfanaticlady29   Rae rae   Repfanaticlady29   Repfanaticlady29   Rae rae   Repfanaticlady29   Rae rae  
 Member  Message

Repfanaticlady29
View Profile

Delilah

I added a new doggy family member Sunday. She’s a Chihuahua/Pomeranian mix about 4-6 months old. She was supposed to be a Christmas present for somebody, but it didn’t work out since that person is allergic to pet dander. This is why I’m always telling people that getting living, breathing things as presents for people is a horrible idea.

Anyway, I was told she’s 6 months old, but she still has 3 baby teeth, so she either has tooth problems, or is a few months younger. She’s getting spayed Monday and will be getting her baby teeth pulled at that time. She’s probably been treated like a human child her whole life, but she is quickly learning she won’t be treated that way here. She’s already potty trained which is awesome. She loves sitting on shoulders. Makes her feel tall. lol Anyway, here’s pictures.

She’s 4 lbs.

01/06/11  07:20pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Repfanaticlady29   In reference to Message Id: 2196784

Delilah

As you know I’m a big dog type of girl but Delilah is fair cute love the big ears!! Also love the name I’d like a solid White English Bull Terrier named Delilah but that won’t be until Milla has gone as I only want one pet dog lol
How does she fit in with the gang?

01/07/11  07:59am

Vwvixen02
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2196845

Delilah

awwww shes perfect!

01/07/11  11:21am

Repfanaticlady29
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2196845

Delilah

She was terrified of the big dogs at first, but she’s coming around now. She stays in my daughter’s room when nobody is around. She doesn’t really trust the big dogs to not hurt her. Her favorite activity is to sit in the window with the cats. I’m more of a big dog person too, but she’s young enough and has a big enough personality that she can learn to act like a big dog. lol

01/07/11  04:00pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Repfanaticlady29   In reference to Message Id: 2196920

Delilah

Haha I’m sure Lady, Tonka and Keona will teach her like with Rusty! :) I take it she has a personality that’s too big for her little body?

01/07/11  07:33pm

Repfanaticlady29
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2196951

Delilah

She tried to claim Lady’s human as her own. That didn’t go well. lol

She is thankfully not territorial like Rusty and seems to like all humans (except small children). I love her personality!

01/08/11  08:22pm

Repfanaticlady29
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2196951

Delilah

Got her a new collar today. I love spikes on little dogs and cats. I really hate when people put them on big dogs, especially bully breeds.

01/15/11  08:46am

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Repfanaticlady29   In reference to Message Id: 2198488

Delilah

Haha that’s fair cute :D I have to say Milla had a Dooley collar when she was younger I only got it as I thought it was cute as it was hot pink :D but not now as she is older lol it just helps give a bad impression of them!

01/15/11  09:52am

Repfanaticlady29
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2198495

Delilah

Yeah. It’s not bad when they’re puppies, but when people put these types of collars on dogs that most people already think look scary it’s not helping their reputation any. I don’t care what anybody thinks of me, but I care greatly what they think of my dogs and I want them all to be seen as the wonderful, loving animals they truly are.

01/16/11  07:58am

FutureVet123
View Profile

Message To: Repfanaticlady29   In reference to Message Id: 2198674

Delilah

How cute :-) Did you buy it at Petco? We had an almost identical one for our terrier, but that was a few years ago.
-Peaches and Jeni

01/16/11  02:52pm

Repfanaticlady29
View Profile

Message To: FutureVet123   In reference to Message Id: 2198732

Delilah

Yep. It was the last one on the shelf. I actually saw it a week ago and couldn’t stop thinking how cute she would look in it, so I went back and got it.

01/16/11  10:47pm

FutureVet123
View Profile

Message To: Repfanaticlady29   In reference to Message Id: 2198853

Delilah

Well it looks absolutely adorable on her
-Peaches and Jeni

01/17/11  11:52am

Rae rae
View Profile

Message To: FutureVet123   In reference to Message Id: 2198944

Delilah

omg! when i first clicked on your post, i thought, wow, there’s nina! she looks exactly the same as my chihuahua, except for color. chihuahuas come in all weights, heights, shapes of head, and eyes, so it’s funny when i see one that looks like mine. she’s so cute!

sorry, this is the first time i’ve been on here in months and months. that’s a horrible pic! stupid phone camera! i’ll get some better ones up, but i’m sure you get the idea lol!

01/21/11  10:09pm

Repfanaticlady29
View Profile

Message To: Rae rae   In reference to Message Id: 2200181

Delilah

She’s cute! I remember seeing pics of her. Lilah isn’t a purebred Chi. She’s mixed with Pomeranian, so she has longer hair and a curly tail with quite a bit of fur on it. I just call her a Chihuahua mix since she looks more Chi than Pom. Funny how many people think she’s purebred though. Maybe it’s because of what you said....all the different sizes, head shapes, etc. It’s hard to keep track.

01/23/11  03:57am

Repfanaticlady29
View Profile

Message To: Repfanaticlady29   In reference to Message Id: 2200463

Delilah

New pictures
She was yawning in these ones. lol

And just some random cute pics

She got spayed last week and boy was that a pain to deal with. She was so miserable. Did lots of whining and not eating the first 2 days. All my other dogs (big dogs) were the complete opposite. I had to fight to keep them calm so they wouldn’t rip their stitches. When Keona got home after she got spayed she inhaled all her food plus some of Lady’s and threw up. Little dogs are definitely a lot different. lol

01/27/11  04:31am

Rae rae
View Profile

Message To: Repfanaticlady29   In reference to Message Id: 2201303

Delilah

are you 100% sure about the pom cross? some chis do have longer hair...and she looks just as pure bred as any! lol! of course not that it really matters what she is, i know she will be loved just the same. i just think it’s so funny...i used to be a big dog only person. always had big dogs. grew up with chow chows, had a rotweiller, and then a couple of large mutts. then i got a germ shep mix and a pit. well, being a vet tech i was actually proud of myself that i didn’t have 50 dogs! lol! and then came fifi haha...i didn’t name her that! she was abandoned at the clinic. she was a chihuahua mix (def a mix!). she had soo many health problems but was the BEST dog ever. so she kind of got me hooked on the little guys. so now we have 2 pits and 2 chihuahuas haha! my little girl i posted the pic of is 6lbs, the other little boy i have is 4lbs. and they are not the averaqe chihuahuas...they love everyone. my male especially loves children. which is good because i’m going to have one in about 6 weeks!

anyway, your little one is very cute and i would never be able to tell there’s anything else there. it’s funny how i used to think pits were the most gorgeous dogs in the world. and the more i look at nina, the more gorgeous she becomes haha!

01/27/11  10:18pm

Repfanaticlady29
View Profile

Message To: Rae rae   In reference to Message Id: 2201463

Delilah

I really have no idea on her breeding. I’m just going off what her last owners told me. Her tail does not look Chi at all to me, so I’m pretty sure she’s mixed. Doesn’t matter one bit to me. All my dogs are mutts. I can’t even figure out a clear main breed to call Keona. I love them all the same.

I’m still a big dog person as I can’t stand most little dogs, but I love my little dog.

01/27/11  11:02pm

Repfanaticlady29
View Profile

Message To: Rae rae   In reference to Message Id: 2201463

Delilah

Oh, and congrats on the baby! Hope you get plenty of rest before the big day and have a smooth delivery!

01/27/11  11:04pm

Rae rae
View Profile

Message To: Repfanaticlady29   In reference to Message Id: 2201478

Delilah

thanks! well...the chihuahua mix i had before (fifi) did rip out every one of her staples overnight after her spay. and my older dog megan had to have knee surgery and began taking her staples out as well. never had any problems with my boys though. they were good after surgery, but the girls are bad lol! had to get e-collars!

02/10/11  12:57am

Repfanaticlady29
View Profile

Message To: Rae rae   In reference to Message Id: 2204090

Delilah

She started licking her incision about 5 days after her spay. They used the stitches that dissolve on the inside and glue on the outside, so she wasn’t supposed to lick since it would soften the glue and open the incision. After a whole day of having to get onto her for licking I went to the pet store to get her an e-collar. They didn’t have one small enough at Petco, Petsmart, or my vet office. Thankfully she stopped, or I was going to have to make her one. lol

The spay surgery is much more invasive and painful than the neuter, so it’s expected that the girls are more of a pain in the butt for the most part. The clinic I took Lilah to pushed the pain meds for females and encouraged the owners of the males to not get them. I usually don’t do pain meds at all, but Lilah also got 2 teeth pulled. I’m glad I decided to get them because they definitely made her less miserable.

02/10/11  07:42pm

Rae rae
View Profile

Message To: Repfanaticlady29   In reference to Message Id: 2204217

Delilah

yea, both of my chihuahuas had to get retained teeth pulled. at my cilnic we don’t normally send any pain meds home but we do push a pain injection when the surgery is done. i always get mine the pain shot, but that’s it.

02/10/11  10:31pm

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area