Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

Pippin_Took   Ammeratsu   CapeCobra   Bran421   Ammeratsu   Ghastly  
 Member  Message

Pippin_Took
View Profile

Anyone Remember Me?

Wow, I haven’t been here in a pretty long time. Anyone remember me? I came here originally due to my akita, Rikka, accidentally getting pregnant. And then, on December 21st(Rikka’s birthday!) of 09 she gave birth to four beautiful puppies.

They all have loving homes and I see them sometimes. Of course, I kept one. He’s now big, nearly 110 pounds and almost a year old. Just thought I come back and see if anyone remember us.

First, here’s Rikka. She looks muuuchh better now that she’s gained some weight back and grown her coat out a little. Of course, I’m still having trouble getting her to eat enough.

And Kodiak. He went from this little scrap, weighing about 3 pounds:

And one year later, he’s almost 110 pounds and way bigger than his mom:

And couldn’t resist adding a few of Ayla being ridiculous:

Well, I hope to see some familiar faces from when I was on this forum.

12/06/10  06:31pm

Ammeratsu
View Profile

Message To: Pippin_Took   In reference to Message Id: 2191373

Anyone Remember Me?

Oops. =P That was my sisters account. I’m on her computer.

My bad.

12/06/10  06:33pm

CapeCobra
View Profile

Message To: Ammeratsu   In reference to Message Id: 2191374

Anyone Remember Me?

Wow, great dogs! ;D I have a puppy too... they sure can surprise you with how fast they grow! Wish I could still pick her up... but those days are long gone.

LOVE the last pic!
CC

12/06/10  11:56pm

Bran421
View Profile

Message To: CapeCobra   In reference to Message Id: 2191419

Anyone Remember Me?

OH my GOODNESS! They have grown so much! Kodiak turned into such a handsome boy! He looks to me like a GSD/akita mix. You did a great job raising your pup, thats for sure!

-Brandy

12/08/10  11:46am

Ammeratsu
View Profile

Message To: Bran421   In reference to Message Id: 2191615

Anyone Remember Me?

Thanks, CapeCobra!

And Heyyyy! It’s been a while, huh? Kodi has turned out to be a GREAT dog. Naturally polite and friendly, and submissive when he needs to be. I call him my lucky accident, haha! I was pretty upset when I found out Rikka was pregnant, but it must have been meant to be. Kodi comes everywhere with me, and I can’t imagine life without him anymore! Everyone is impressed by how gentle he is being that he’s 110 pounds.

It’s the funniest thing. When we’re at the dog park, he’ll run away with his tail between his legs(sometimes he even yelps) when a little dog growls at him, haha! He loves playing with big dogs and is rarely intimidated. It’s those little dachshunds and such that really spook him!

And although I was worried about Rikka before, I think she’s recovered juusstt fine. I thought she would be way too small for an akita forever, but after her second heat cycle(Where I kept her under VERY firm house arrest. NOT going to let that accident happen again), she really beefed up. I think she needed the hormones to really fill out and look like a real akita.

12/08/10  10:42pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Ammeratsu   In reference to Message Id: 2191729

Anyone Remember Me?

Rikka and Koidak look awesome can’t believe it’s almost a year ago now how time flies by!!! Keep up the great work and try to come on often :)

12/13/10  04:53pm

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area