Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

Keirax   Lovemykitty   Keirax   Ghastly   Keirax   Ghastly   Keirax   Ghastly   Vwvixen02   Ghastly   Inuit   Ghastly  
 Member  Message

Keirax
View Profile

Really hate ignorant people

So, a few months ago i moved in to my moms plce to help her get caught up on bills because her Bf was a dead beat who didnt do anything, well i kicked him out and he went to our dead beat land lord who just got out of jail last week, he decided to stop by and walk in like he owned the place. Before he went to jail my mom told him we had a dog and we paied the pet deposit, well her bf went and started telling him i had a blood thirsty pitbul...he came and told us to get rid of my dog and any other animal, including fish or caged or we get kicked out. He saw my dog and how sweet this pup is and would not give us a chance, tried blaming it on the city...anyways long story short we have 2 months to move or get rid of my dog which is not an option because of his breed. Sorry i know this really has nothing to do with dogs but im just venting about humantitys ignorance, please post your thoughts on people getting kicked out of their home just for the breed of dog they own, even if it is a show dog or has passed the good citizenship test.

10/12/10  07:02pm

Lovemykitty
View Profile

Message To: Keirax   In reference to Message Id: 2180687

i hear ya! that’s really dumb. my friend had a pit and she was forced to get rid of her :( and people like that need to research or live with a pit before they judge. punch the dead not the bread. there the most happy go lucky dogs out there!!

10/13/10  01:59pm

Keirax
View Profile

Message To: Lovemykitty   In reference to Message Id: 2180875

i agree, they are caring and with the right owners can be the best dogs out there, but as human begins we are forced to look at the ourside and most of us do, its sad really how many animals are judged for the past we gave them. no one stops and thinks that we are the ones to breed them we arethe ones who made them "fighters" or "mean" breeds, we took the best fighting skills out of each breed and made our own then when we got tired of it we casted it out as a bad breed..

10/13/10  10:54pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Keirax   In reference to Message Id: 2180687

Disgracful!! Looks like a few of us are being hit with the ’nasty stick’ at the moment. I myself am getting it from my mother as apparently I work with Dobermanns and own Milla due to wanting to be ’intimidating’ and ’fearful’ to others?! But yet she fails to remember Sacha our family dog when I was growing up she was a Dobermann Rottweiler mix!!
Alas I am also being hit with the ’starving’ stick also as Milla is "under weight"!! Milla weighs a healthy 18.8 my vet is and has always been happy with her build as she is a traditional style APBT she is long, leggy and dainty in appearance she is not allowed to be any less than 16 and no more than 21. My mum thinks Milla is starved as she has always seen APBTs and Staffordshire Bull Terriers as short and stocky dogs (so thank you very much BYBs!!)
My parents fail to see this and to take in account that Milla is on a strict diet and is only allowed 250g of food per day as administered by my vet Alan as her stomach can only seem to take so much in at a time. She is fed raw diet as she cannot digest kibble and swells out along with constipation and needs to get her stomach flushed due to it she also cannot eat wheat and grain products due to a skin reaction which mainly targets her chin and muzzle it looks like blisters but they are solid to the touch cannot be burst and needs to go to the vet for tablets and to get the liquid syringed out. But yet she likes to sneak her there dog Cassie (a morbidly obese 60 Chocolate Labrador) crappy Bakers kibble and grain and wheat product treats!!!
I got on to her and ended up in a HUGE argument about her feeding Milla behind my back but still sneakily gives her treats which infuriates me like hell (as you could imagine).
She thinks she does a world of food to Milla by "fattening" her up but she fails to see that as Milla is a sporting dog in training (Lure and A-frame) she burns it straight off and is just shear muscle. She hates taking Cassie to the vet as the vet constantly nag her or my dad about Cassies weight (tale note the dog is fed crap food and gets god knows how many treats a day never played with or given attention and is never walked!!) and just think there doing what’s best for Cassie despite she has very bad hip dysplacia and loosing a few pounds would do her a world of good.
And lastly on my rant was watching Animal Precint the other day there was a starved black Cane Corso Mastiff I said "what a shame poor thing how the f could someone do that to there dog?!" she just replied "your a fine one to talk that is awfully hypocritical of you!!" OH I was fuming to be tarred with the same brush as the people that treat there pets like that when she knows how they make me feel I just got up and left the room I was not rising to her challenge she loaded the gun but I definetly was not firing it!!

But that’s my rant all the best hun :)

10/18/10  01:20pm

Keirax
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2181820

Well sounds like we all are having issues with others telling us how to raise our dogs. I know where you are coming from i have been told because my lil man isnt bursting atthe seams thats hes under weight, hes 45 pounds for god sakes how is that under weight for a 7 month old pup?! I took him to the vet to get his last line of shots and this guy could not stop telling me how nice looking my pound puppy was. what perfect weight he was, what great color and shape. I have him on a strict diet, no human foods, no wheats, no corns. and he goes running everyday with me. This pup is far from under weight. Some people do not get the fat obese dogs on tv are not happy they are sick and will end up with millions of issues in the future. I would love to see a pick of your lil one if you can Ghastly. and i will try to post one of my baby now thats hes gotten so much bigger. Good luck everuone and dont let the world run your wonderful dogs.

10/21/10  07:44am

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Keirax   In reference to Message Id: 2182453

Keira hunny if we were in the same country I would swear your vet was mine (apart from Milla not being a pound dog) I get the EXACT same compliments on her size, weight, personality, training the lot!! But I agree just because a Bullie type isn’t bursting at the seams with either big bulk weight or looking as if it’s muscles are just about to burst out there skin doesn’t mean 1) it’s not full bred (I’ve had this alot) 2) it’s not at a correct weight!

This is the only decent pic I have on my photo list atm of Milla as I use my iPhone to access Internet lately as the laptop is in for repair here’s the only photo so far will post more later this week when I get it back

10/21/10  09:10am

Keirax
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2182467

shes pretty. and has the same body build as my lil mean, hes blue in color and has a lil more musle though but they look about the same lol. wonderful dog you have :D

10/22/10  03:54pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Keirax   In reference to Message Id: 2182748

Cheers very much :) I’m currently adding coconut oil to her diet a she has lost a drastic 2kg in a two days not sir if she is having glucose problems as I’m waiting for her test result to come back which was done to see if anything in her blood would say about her stomach problems but she hasn’t had any rough exercise today or yesterday just 3 10min on leash walks her little toned muscles have disappeared abit but who cares for now she does look a little funny!

10/22/10  04:03pm

Vwvixen02
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2182750

I couldnt get an apartment last year because they said my boxer was on the bully list....isnt that some stuff!

10/22/10  04:20pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Vwvixen02   In reference to Message Id: 2182755

I remember you posting about that! It’s just disgraceful how people can target a whole breed by a few individuals being owned by horrid people!!

10/22/10  05:10pm

Inuit
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2182761

dont know about there but i know in the uk a land lord cannot kick you out due to what animals you keep unless you have had several complaints and they are deemed a nuisance or danger to the public, and you if have permission for your pets there is even less they can do. i always get told my dogs are under weight, xero i admitt i struggle to keep weight on her sometimes as she goes on hunger strike (common in the breed). currently they are both ideal weight, i explain to people that they are so used to seeing fat dogs that they dont recognise a healthy athletic breed when they see one! x

10/29/10  07:47am

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Inuit   In reference to Message Id: 2184348

Quote:

, i explain to people that they are so used to seeing fat dogs that they dont recognise a healthy athletic breed when they see one! x

I agree just on Monday this week my parents were watching the tv and there was a dog show on so they watched it I noticed a Greyhound and said that they are gorgeous dogs and at some point in my life I would like to help foster the ex racers (only round here there’s nothing like that just big city places) me and dad were gabbing on he said he likes how they are actually quite lazy which is very disceiving of them since they do racing and he said he thinks there nice dogs but doesn’t really like the build to them. Then my mum says "well you could always fatten it up"

Solenoid just not understand a fat dog is a unhappy dog? And that a dog is bred to look a certain way for a certain reason? In my family it clearly isn’t seen that way prime example with the Greyhound story!!

10/30/10  04:09am

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area