Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Dogs Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Reptictale92   Jlm86   Ghastly   Reptictale92   NICKNAME   Reptictale92   Steveyb   No_glory   Mk17rules   Cheesehead   Reptictale92   MrsBoisblanc   AnoleQueeeeen  

Member  Message

Reptictale92
View Profile

Pitbull

I am sure no one on here hate the pitbull breed, but just in case I would like y’all to read this to help educate you about the breed.

The American Pit Bull Terrier has a strong pleasure to please. The APBT has evoked more human emotional, rational, and irrational response than any other breed that exists today. By no means are these dogs people-haters or people-eaters. Their natural aggressive tendencies are toward other dogs and animals, not people. However if they are properly socialized with a firm, but calm, confident, consistent pack leader, they will not even be aggressive with them. The American Pit Bull Terrier is a good-natured, amusing, extremely loyal and affectionate family pet, which is good with children and adults. Almost always obedient, it is always eager to please its master. It is an extremely courageous and intelligent guard dog that is very full of vitality. Highly protective of his owners and the owner’s property, it will fight an enemy to the death. It is usually very friendly, but has an uncanny ability to know when it needs to protect and when everything is okay. The American Pit Bull Terrier can be willful with meek owners and needs a firm hand. They are generally okay with other pets if they are raised with them from puppy hood. They are very friendly, but not recommended for most people, because most people do not understand how to properly raise and treat a dog. Problems arise when one does not understands dog psychology, seeing the dog as having human emotions, and ends up with a dog who thinks he is the boss of the house. For a smaller, not as powerful dog, people can sometimes get away with this, however, for a powerful breed, one really needs to understand and follow this concept of keeping a dog. An excellent guide to learning how to properly treat a dog is the Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan (recommended to all dog owners regardless of the breed they own). Excellent with children in the family, they have a high pain tolerance and will happily put up with rough child play. As with any breed, they should not be left alone with unfamiliar children. Originally used as fighting dogs, the powerful American Pit Bull may go for the throat of strange dogs. A minimum of training, along with the proper amount of exercise and a firm pack leader, will produce a tranquil, obedient dog. Socialize very thoroughly when young to combat aggressive tendencies and be sure to keep the dog under control when other dogs are present. Teach this dog respect for humans by not allowing it to jump up and not allowing it to enter doorways first. The humans must make the dog heel beside or behind them when walking. It has given outstanding results as a guardian of property, but is at the same time esteemed as a companion dog. The objective in training this dog is to achieve a pack leader status. It is a natural instinct for a dog to have an order in their pack. When we humans live with dogs, we become their pack. The entire pack cooperates under a single leader. Lines are clearly defined and rules are set. You and all other humans must be higher up in the order than the dog. That is the only way your relationship can be a success. When properly trained and socialized, this is a very good dog and a great family companion. Unfortunately, some choose to promote the fighting instinct in the breed, giving it a bad name.
(rights got to doginfo. c o m)

09/25/10  09:30pm

Jlm86
View Profile

Message To: Reptictale92   In reference to Message Id: 2177487

Pitbull

That is very good and so true! People are the cause of the Pit’s bad reputation not these beautiful and extremely loyal animals. People need to take responsibility for their actions and recognize that a well socialized and trained pit bull can be an amazing pet but they are not for everyone so do your research! They are one of the most readily available dogs in the country due to backyard breeders who pay not attention to quality breeding standards which makes them one of the number one shelter dogs. If you are in the market for a dog and can properly handle a pit bull then ADOPT one from the shelter or rescue! Do not "buy" one from someone who posted it in the paper or on craigslist these people need to be put out business and if no one wants their dogs then they will have no choice but to stop their horrible breeding practices.

09/29/10  05:16pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Pitbull

I agree people tend to forget that any Bull Terrier type dog is just the same as any other dog. They forget that the loyal Labradors, gentle giant Great Dane’s and clingy Chihuahua’s fight for top dog dominance in there multi dog home but yet people forget that when a Bull Terrier type dog does this it is animal aggressive and that no other dog does this just the Bull Terrier types, that annoys me!

If we got rid of the people that breed there Bullies for a quick buck or two not caring about either parents medical and temperamental history that can/is genetic we will stop hearing quotes like -

"Other dogs can be called off or beaten off during a attack, but not a Pitbull"

"They have there reasons for owning this breed. Either they are criminals, using the dogs to protect there clubhouse or grow op or they fight them, or they are not very bright. Educated people are not attracted to Pitbulls"

"Pitbulls have been known to tear apart metal sheets with there teeth."

"People who own that type of dog are very irresponsible"

"They are a land shark. They are a ticking time bomb waiting to attack. If something sets it off it will kill, it wants to kill."

"This is not a normal canine animal"

"I am not sure we want these dogs. We have to see weather these types of animals are suited for this country"

"We don’t want "those people" in this country"

"Those who go to shelters seeking out Pitbulls have a agenda that goes beyond just wanting a family pet. They are looking for something that is linked to violence, something that is highly intimidating"

"When these dogs attack they are violent, vicious and dangerous. With a smaller dog you can defend yourself. You cannot do that with a Pitbull"

"Without question these dogs are bigger, faster and stronger than other animals"

"People who generally care about dogs won’t be affected by a ban on Pitbulls"

"I can’t help but believe the part in owning a Pitbull is the danger, if not then why own one?"

"I haven’t met anyone in the last week who is not in favor of a ban"

Its as if they forget that Bull Terrier type dogs ARE owned by knowledgeable people and not just gang members and criminals that people do own them and love them like any other breed of dog, just because the dog is small to medium sized but has a large mass of body structure it is judged?!
Now we can pass judgement on specific dogs of certain groups and/or breeds but the second we target and label every black man as a gang member, criminal or drug user/seller or every black woman as a loud mouth, on benefit money and having a large family with a different dad for each child,
every Christian is going to try to convert you,
every Asian is a brainiac,
every Jew has curly hair, loves money and does anything for money.
We are placed to the point about our thoughts weather its by friends, family or actually meeting people of a certain race or religion and getting your thoughts corrected by "hands on" experience.
I wish we could hear more things about Bull Terrier types like

"Pitbulls are famous in circles of knowledgeable dog people, for the love and loyalty they bestow on anyone that shows them the smidge of kindness"

"Pitbulls are smart and require constant mental stimulation to avoid problems"

But i highly doubt it newspapers print off the horror stories as there paper will sell, tv reports the stories as people will watch there channel, government/political people discuss this publicly as they are brain washed and want others to believe them for there views so they can have there way of the breeds being banned in there state/country knowing they can walk down the street without fear of seeing one of these "dangerous" breeds on the street.

Irresponsible people breed unsuitable dogs for money + unstable litter of roughly 8 pups + each pup may breed (and so forth) = more unsuitable dogs + 1 or many more attacks + ban = responsible people who suffer.

Maths really wasn’t that difficult at school and his is one of the most easiest multiplications in the world but yet so many people don’t see it! Yes one or two of each pup may go to a decent family but a dogs personality is 50% genetic (25% mum and 25% dad) the other 50% you make it so breed two bad dogs half of the temperament is already made up all you need is some rough, status hunting symbol person to make a bad dog.

09/30/10  05:51am

Reptictale92
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2178314

Pitbull

To me the pitbull is the best breed ever.

10/03/10  11:56am

NICKNAME
View Profile

Message To: Reptictale92   In reference to Message Id: 2178802

Pitbull

ITS A GREAT DOG
MY SON GOT A PUPPY , AND ITS ABOUT12-14 WEEKS NOW
IT IS STRONGER THAN HELL THATS FOR SURE
HE`S A BIG GOOFBALL, AND RUNS AROUND THE HOUSE , AND GETS INTO MISCHEIF
BUT EACH WEEK I CAN SEE THE DIFFERENCE , AS HE IS SLOWING DOWN , AND RESPONDS TO YOU
HE IS A VERY SMART DOG
HE CRIES TO GO OUT WHEN HE HAS TO PEE OR POOP ALREADY
HE LOOKS AT YOU , AND RESPONDS A WELL AS HE CAN UNDERSTAND
AND HE IS SO LOVEABLE
HE IS AWSONE

12/05/10  10:48am

Reptictale92
View Profile

Message To: NICKNAME   In reference to Message Id: 2191082

Pitbull

I have 3 pits, 1 German Rottweiler, and a french mastiff they all play with each other with no problem’s.

12/06/10  12:10am

Steveyb
View Profile

Message To: Reptictale92   In reference to Message Id: 2191251

Pitbull

Bentley!!

12/06/10  10:14am

No_glory
View Profile

Message To: Steveyb   In reference to Message Id: 2191279

Pitbull

Nothing but love for the breed around my house :)

Gauge (1st dog on left is deaf, Lab/Pit mix) Next Chaos and Nos (both Pits) and Kate my only non-pit dog :)

They are an amazing breed and will be the only breed I’ll ever own :)

12/23/10  11:57am

Mk17rules
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2178314

Pitbull

i am a educated person and i love the pitbull breed they are gorgous!! its bad owners not bad dogs !! there is NO SUCH THING AS A DOG BORN MEAN OR BAD!!! so for all the pitbull haters u can think what u want but dnt critisize them for biting things when its the owners fault not the dog!!!!!!!

R.I.P. ALL THE PITBULLS THAT HAVE BEEN KILLED BY IGNORANCE AND FEAR!!!!!

PITBULLS R THE BEST!!!

12/24/10  05:02am

Cheesehead
View Profile

Pitbull

Thank You..finally that knows somethig good about a pitbull, everybody else just reports negative press about the breed, your post about the Pitbull breed is amazing and I love it.

blue pitbulls
pitbulls for sale
pitbull puppies

01/13/12  05:59pm

Reptictale92
View Profile

Message To: Cheesehead   In reference to Message Id: 2250916

Pitbull

Well thank you. I am trying my hardess to get the truth out.

01/13/12  07:02pm

MrsBoisblanc
View Profile

Pitbull

Great post! These poor dogs can hardly buy a break. Very sad to see so much bad press, that paints just one side of the story.

PitBull Puppies

03/20/12  06:14pm

AnoleQueeeeen
View Profile

Message To: MrsBoisblanc   In reference to Message Id: 2259507

Pitbull

I have a facebook page that helps find homes for Pit Bull’s all over the U.S. called Pardon-A-Pit Link I’d really like to get a Pit Bull but someone told me my town has a ban on them I’ve always supported the Pit Bull breed and always will!(:

Maddie

04/18/12  09:00pm

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area