Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

Keirax   Rescue3   Keirax   Repfanaticlady29   Rescue3  
 Member  Message

Keirax
View Profile

Help please ASAP!Vet is closed no vet close anywhere!!!!!

my friends dog is acting strage. She called me crying a while ago. Her vet is closed, she cant get ahold of her at home and there are no vets or emergencie vets open anywhere in her area. The dog is a mix between a Pomeranian/Chawawa mix, hes like 5 or 6 years old. He was fine all day and allof the sudden he started acting very disorented. Falling,stumbling, not trying to catch himself. Hes also bloated and running a fever. He has ALL of his shots but does travel alot. he is very picky about what he eats and gets fed alot of wet dogs food (i dont like wet dog food but not my dog) She said he hasnt made stool all day from what they have seen. Please help any info i can give her besides what i did while she is trying to get to a vet would be great.
Keirax

09/18/10  01:09am

Rescue3
View Profile

Message To: Keirax   In reference to Message Id: 2175981

Where the devil does she live that there isn’t a vet nearby???? Try a phone book. He could be disoriented from an inner ear infection. Sounds crazy, but we went through it with our mastiff once. We thought he was going to die he was so bad. We lay on the floor with him all night suspecting it was our last hours with him only to find it was his ears!! We were very thankful!

09/18/10  01:59am

Keirax
View Profile

Message To: Rescue3   In reference to Message Id: 2175987

Her dad is rushing him to a vet about an hour and a half away. She lives out in Groveland Ca, its near Yosimite National Park. Way out in the middle of no where closest City is Modesto everywhere else are small towns with vets that clse at 5pm.....i thought an ear infection as well, or a massive case of constapation but i wanted to see if there were any other cases like this out there that could help her save her dog till they got him to avet. thank you for your help ill keep you al posted

09/18/10  02:06am

Repfanaticlady29
View Profile

Message To: Keirax   In reference to Message Id: 2175988

I hope he’ll be okay. I’ve seen 3 different instances where the dog had the same issues you described. One was from my neighbor’s dog that ate part of their bath mat and needed surgery to clear the impaction.

Another was when my grandma’s dog got a hold of some bread dough. Yeast makes them act disoriented and also swells in their bellies. She didn’t need to go to the vet, but cleaning up her poo was not enjoyable for a few days after that.

The last case was a friend’s boxer that got bloat. All 3 dogs acted disoriented, but only my grandma’s dog had big problems walking. She couldn’t take a single step without wobbling and falling over for a few hours.

Let us know how it turns out. Sending prayers to your friend and her dog.

09/18/10  04:28am

Rescue3
View Profile

Message To: Repfanaticlady29   In reference to Message Id: 2175999

mhm, yup. i didnt think of bloat.

09/23/10  05:27pm

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area