Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

Ghastly   Repfanaticlady29   Ghastly   LizaB2008   Ghastly   CapeCobra   Ghastly   Keirax   LizaB2008   LizaB2008   Ghastly   Keirax   Ghastly   LizaB2008   Keirax   CapeCobra   ReptileRodent   Ghastly   Ghastly   LizaB2008   CapeCobra  
 Member  Message

Ghastly
View Profile

Just a few new pics of Milla

Just thought i would post a couple of new photo’s of Miss Milla, she is now 14 months and can’t seem to separate myself from her also vice versa we are like night and day ^^

Playing with her "daddy"

09/03/10  08:52am

Repfanaticlady29
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2173369

She’s such a beautiful girl! Thanks for sharing.

09/03/10  04:17pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Repfanaticlady29   In reference to Message Id: 2173441

Thanks ^^

09/05/10  08:41am

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2173731

She is so beautiful Ghast. Good job.

09/11/10  02:04am

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2174917

Hey Liza long time no see ^^ cheers very much hows the big black and tan bear getting along?

09/11/10  03:03am

CapeCobra
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2174921

Hey, Ghastly! Milla is gorgeous. She looks like a big sweetie. ;) I’m guessing she’s ’night’? LOL

09/11/10  04:50pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: CapeCobra   In reference to Message Id: 2174997

Haha yeah she is the night! you couldn’t meet a dog with a more blacker coat but on saying that her brindle bits are quite light and has a gorgeous blue sheen to her also XD but she has changed so much since she was tiny she just looked like a little black Labrador puppy haha

30mins after getting in her new home at 8 weeks old

09/12/10  05:09am

Keirax
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2175078

sooo darn cute... she looks like shes smiling 3rd pic down.

09/13/10  03:42am

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Keirax   In reference to Message Id: 2175236

She is getting soooo big! She has a growth spirt just when I thought she’d be done growing. She is now 92 lbs and 25’’ at the shoulder, which is about breed standard for AKC. But she is still filling out. She is no longer skinny lean Zoe. ha ha. I’ll have to post pics from my phone. Here are a few crapy ones.

I have better ones of her outside I’ll have to post :)

09/13/10  07:37am

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2175246

Here are a few better ones. Still not as new as I would like. But here they are. Zoe bear :)

09/13/10  07:59am

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2175250

Liza:

I love the one of ZB copying the young boy its like "what you can do i can do better" and the last pictureo n the second post just reminds me so much of Nelly!!
Oh growth spurts im the same with mine, poor girl got spayed today oh what a sorry state she is in she won’t stay in her bed unless im next to her so i move she’s up no matter how painful it is . . . can’t call that love and dedication i don’t know what is bless her but she’s had me in tears since i collected her this evening from the vet surgery.

Keira:

Haha yeah i know but sadly Al was trying to get a nice picture of her by holding the ball and her lips got caught on her teeth bless the last one is her smiling though, she just sat down and opened her mouth for the camera ^^ how is your little guy getting along?

09/13/10  03:51pm

Keirax
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2175322

he is great. the sweetest little guy i have owned. Very well behavied and smart. unfortunatly i was watching my friends American pitbull terrier breed from the bully breeds, shes a bit of a show dog and only for breeding. i dont not agree with it but its not my dog, anyways i was watching her and she was not house broken or trained in any way. it was really stressful on me expecially when she attacked my pup over a toy and his food. My friend is some what dumb when it comes to raising animals she already owns a pitbull thats on its 3rd strike for killing other dogs. I explained to her that food agression and toy agression need to b taking care of earily on or she was going to have another mean dog....she told me she doesnt care if shes food agressive that they dont share their food in the wild and she sees no problem in it....well long story short he started acting out because the other dog was a bad impression on him i called my friend the next day and old her to come get her dog lol. Hes back on his strict rules be4 play and back to being a spoild pup :D

09/13/10  05:10pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Keirax   In reference to Message Id: 2175341

Poor little guy!! Nothing worse than seeing your fur baby getting bullied by another dog. No offense to your friend but if anything she has what is coming to her and deserves it, the dogs however don’t due to it not being there fault they are owned by a uncaring person now common sense hits in here along with breed research in what a dogs going to be like and the certain parts that need to be brushed upon to help prevent bigger problems now its not hard to know that a dog doesn’t know what it should and should not do just sadly some people don’t see this!
Food and toy aggression i’d nip in the bud instantly no matter if it was a 8 week old pup to a 15 year old dog of any breed weather its a Chihuahua or a Newfoundland and everything in between, i remember when i purchased King he had next to know obedience training and very possessive over everything - toys, food, water bowl, bed, kennel you name a item he most likely had it all it only took me once to show him not to f*@k with me, i picked up a bowl of his i think it was his water dish as i top them up every 2 hours and he went for me all it took was my foot to his chest and holding him on the floor by his neck. Now highly not recommending it as it is dangerous plus anything could happen but no he must have known he never messed with me again i could put my hand in his food dish whilst he ate he would either stop eating and sit down until told to get it or would eat at the opposite end of the bowl away from my hand were as before he would have eaten your hand and face. I think most aggression in possession is just apart from lack of training is lack of guidance but thats just me, i find a good firm and strong owner has a well balanced well behaved dog - at least here it works that way.

Not sure on the strike system but i hope the dog doesn’t go for another dog or evan a cat or worse, all the best for the two poochies!

09/14/10  04:52am

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2175389

^^ Thanks Ghastly. I’m glad you go some enjoyment and remembrance out of her pics :) She is truely a great dog, just need to get her out of some of her bad puppy habits. I love her to death and I cannot imagine having another dog instead of her. She fits my personality like a glove.

As for the spay thing, Zoe was the exact same way. Didn’t make it any better that she was constantly trying to get up in my bed. She made it a few times, thankfully without riping her stitches. But they turn into big ol babies when they are in pain. Thankfully Zoe snapped out of it the next day, then it was just trying to keep her from running, jumping, playing rough, etc.

Crazy how fast they grow up from cute lil puppies to big beefy dogs. I get so many compliments on Zoe. The next door neighbors have a German import Rottweiler (HUGE), his shoulders come to my waist and head to my bossoms. They wanted to breed him with Zoe. I was like "Nope; Sorry she is spayed." The woman was so mad because she is a firm believer in breeding them once before spaying, but guess what? I’m not and she’s my dog. So they went and bought this crappy looking female that has an unusually small head, hind dew claws and her tail looks like it was docked at the 3rd joint rather then the first. Possible some breeder tried to do it themselves. They are going to breed her with him because they want puppies out of him before he passes. If you ask me, they could have picked a better quality female. He is awsome. But, it’s their dog. Just glad it’s not my Zoe bear.

09/14/10  08:44am

Keirax
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2175389

i agree with you completly she will get whats coming to her when she has an unrully dog. when her dog was with us and growled at my dog i know it sounds weird but i pined her down stared her in the eyes and growled at her till she started wining. I do not hit my dogs i make them submit i male them know who is boss and because of that my little man doesnt do anything out of order. My friend told me she didnt want me making her submit in fear that she would attack me......thats when i told her its her dog come get it if i can not punish it for attavking my cats or dog over food i want nothing to do with it....now its at her house on a dog run for the day and house at night...her agression will not be adressed until its to late unfortunely. My pup knows im boss the day we got him i rolled him on his back and made him submit to me, my hubby, and our other animals. We did not let him eat until i allowed him i sat over his food and claimed it as my own, because of this my pup is submissive and not agressive. i told her i could train her pup...her words were i do not want her subbmiting if another dog attacks her i want her to fight back....this upset me when my dogs get in fights they come to me when i call them no matter what so i can handle the dog and not indanger my dog because of its breed we all know if its a itbull gettting attacked by another breed the pit will ALWAYS be blamed. i would rather be bit by a dog than indanger my dogs because of human stupitity. but i guess thats just me her dogs are just tools for making her money just there to breed for her. she doesnt care for them in a matter of pet owners but as busniess matters. anyways got to go take my little man for a walk hes running circles around the house
keirax

09/14/10  04:46pm

CapeCobra
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2175078

Do you know what Milla means? XD

Ahh... she couldn’t be sweeter there. *dies* :P

Areli is getting taller by the day. She’s gonna be a taller, leaner dog, but REALLY, she’s getting TALL for 11 weeks. XD Seeing as this is our first dog, can’t she be a puppy for a little longer?

I can totally see which puppy we have! :D The middle cutie. :P

09/14/10  10:39pm

ReptileRodent
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2173369

Milla is a gorgeous dog!

09/14/10  11:36pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Keirax   In reference to Message Id: 2175467

Keirax:

I agree with you i myself was the same with Milla although due to the fact im used to working with ill trained/hard headed adults i will admit in being to firm for her she is a tender soul its her nature naturally so despite she needed next to no disapline as she is all about making you happy when she did do something wrong just a small finger wave or a smacked bum was enough but at times i would shout at her which i do feel horrid for only because at times the smallest loud noise she thinks is aimed at her :(
As what you said Bulls need a firm owner or they will turn out like your friends dogs, and its ashame as you also said its the Bull breeds that get the blame to which she isn’t exactly helping the problem just adding to it especially since people see these dogs as naturally unruly and not down to lack of discipline.
But no i wouldn’t blame you for protecting your own dog and cat its yours and there house any visiting animal needs to know its place and be respectful in it . . . but well clearly with the dogs training it won’t.

CapeCobra:

Yeah i know depending on which country you are it has different meaning eg. Industrious, Enemy etc. i went for it for its Hebrew term - "to love people" and "friend" obviously depending what text you use it in but i went for the friend reason if she was a boy i would have called her Ami (Ah-mee) which is "to love and befriend people" in Hebrew.
Gosh she is a pretty pup ^^

09/15/10  05:34am

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2175406

Haha me and Milla must be the European version of you and Zoe ^^ we both live for our dogs and our dogs live for us!!
Milla has got internal stitches which will dissolve through time, we visited my parents last night and her and Cassie (familys chocolate Lab) as always run around and play together like idiots wasn’t until i shouted at Milla and put her away that she remember her stomach so sat for the next few hours whining away to herself trying to get compfy, didn’t take pity on her its her fault either way lol yeah Milla is fine today yesterday (Tuesday) she was walking around being my shadow as usual but would whine away to herself out of discomfort it was driving me insane it was unreal!!
Gosh your neighbours dog sounds like Nelly she was huge too had to hold her head with two hands and you were still trying to hold it up evan my dad carried her out of the vet surgery when she had been spayed as she just couldn’t hold her weight up with her legs he barely made it to the surgery door and we were given a trolley table with wheels and he was in the army so used to carrying alot of heavy gear but European Rotts come as big as they can!
Like you i don’t believe in the breeding side don’t get me wrong i have done it with a few Dobes but never EVER a pet i just don’t see the point! As for being mad with you heck Zoe is YOUR dog not hers!! Why spend/waste your money on a badly bred dog to a good breed standard one? I agree should have waited and looked around its not as if dogs pass away after a couple of years like a Hamster, so really what was the rush?

09/15/10  05:45am

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2175543

Oh she got on me about the risks I took by spaying her at 6 months instead of breeding her once...I’m like, "What risks?" There are more risks in breeding her then there are in spaying her early. But I like to ignore ignorant people. My dog is perfect the way she is, she doesn’t need to have puppies to make me happy. She is the greatest dog in the world to me even if others think her goofy personality makes her retarted. I just blew her off.
It would be like breeding my kid and watching my kid go through labor, stress and pain. Not doing it. I love the way my big ol baby lays at me feet 24/7 and does the goofy trott and play growl when she sees me walk through the door. I love the way she thinks she’s not to big to sit on my lap and the way she freaks out when I walk out the door for five seconds and didn’t take her. Having a litter of puppies would change all of that.
She may not be perfect, but she is perfect for me and that is all that matters in the end.

09/15/10  08:32am

CapeCobra
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2175541

This thread is active. You’re juggling quite a lot of conversations, Ghastly! XD

I looked it up, actually, and the meaning I found was Industrious... the Hebrew name is def. the best! XD i love names with meanings. Areli means "Lion of God". we think she looks like a lion (even though she comes from a wolf, lol). She swings her rear when she walks, like a lion. It’s so cute. But actually, her two breeds, the Kangal and the Boerboel, well, the Boerboel is all mastiff, but the Kangal directly comes from the jackal, and the wolf. Obviously, we think that’s pretty cool to have a dog that’s quarter wolf! XD

09/15/10  10:46am

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area