Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

Repfanaticlady29   Repfanaticlady29   Sivester   Repfanaticlady29   Ghastly   Repfanaticlady29   Ghastly   Repfanaticlady29   Ghastly   Repfanaticlady29   Ghastly   Repfanaticlady29   Ghastly  
 Member  Message

Repfanaticlady29
View Profile

Keona passed her Canine Good Citizen test today....

and I’ve got a few new pics.
She passed her test with flying colors, so she is now CGC certified. I will be getting her re-tested in about a year or so since she’s not an adult yet. She’ll be 9 months old Tuesday.

Here’s some pics of Lady

Tonka, Keona, and Rusty hogging the couch

Tonka

Rusty

08/21/10  10:29pm

Repfanaticlady29
View Profile

Message To: Repfanaticlady29   In reference to Message Id: 2170815

08/23/10  02:53pm

Sivester
View Profile

Message To: Repfanaticlady29   In reference to Message Id: 2170815

Does where you’re from have a limit on amount canines you’re allowed to own? Here you’re only allowed 4 by state law. but you can have a bazillion cats... kind of dumb in my opion.

08/26/10  02:37am

Repfanaticlady29
View Profile

Message To: Sivester   In reference to Message Id: 2171681

My town has a limit on how many pets you can have. It does not specify what type.

08/26/10  03:49am

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Repfanaticlady29   In reference to Message Id: 2171683

Ah congratulations Keona!! Big hugs to her!! She has grown up very nicely, love the photography photo’s you have gotten done of Rusty such a poser ^^
Geez pet limits?!?! PFFT!!!

08/26/10  03:13pm

Repfanaticlady29
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2171774

Thanks Ghastly! I am very proud of her. I got her paperwork mailed off today. No idea when we’ll receive the certificate.
We got professional pictures of the dogs taken in April. Rusty was the only one that held still long enough. Lol!

08/26/10  04:34pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Repfanaticlady29   In reference to Message Id: 2171791

Hopefully her certificate will come through te post quicker than you expect! Do you not get a certificate from the dog handler/teacher in the classes? I was going to put Milla through her good citizenship classes i missed out on her doing the first class (bronze) due to her first season and now we are expecting a baby so its being held off again grr!
I’d quite like to get professional photo’s of miss Milla done how do they go about it? Just put the dog in a pretty place and take nice natural poses of them? Are you allowed to be there with them when they take the photo?

08/29/10  09:36am

Repfanaticlady29
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2172257

We didn’t take any of the CGC classes. We just went to an event and took the test as good practice. She ended up passing. lol She did complete basic obedience classes.

This is the professional picture we had taken.

We got the paperwork that said she passed which we had to mail off along with a check for $8 to the AKC.

Congrats on the baby! Good luck and stay well. Unless you have to be on bed rest or something it shouldn’t be a problem putting her through classes during pregnancy.

08/29/10  08:31pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Repfanaticlady29   In reference to Message Id: 2172404

I wish we had breed specific events/non breed specific events on my side of the country everything like that is in the large cities, only event w have is for the local shelter but i don’t help them out prefere my money to go to another shelter!
The photo is really cute ^^ you have any idea on what her other half is now she is abit bigger?
Haha thanks im abit unsure on the new arrivalas never wanting children im still getting my head round it plus ive had to stop working and move the Dobes to new homes so that as you can imagine has infuriated me like no tomorrow! Well i did phone up about it the next class starts up in 8 weeks time and i am due in 9 weeks i can see me being tired after pushing bump out plus Milla is very orientated about me therefore only really listens to me for commands being her #1 alpha etc. so here’s hoping third times the charm!!

08/30/10  05:13am

Repfanaticlady29
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2172472

Oh! I didn’t know you were that far along. Yeah. That would be a chore taking Milla to classes right before and right after having a baby.

I never wanted kids either and still to this day dislike about 99% of the children I meet, but I can’t imagine life without my daughter.

08/30/10  02:46pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Repfanaticlady29   In reference to Message Id: 2172545

Oh yeah don’t get me wrong im always up for a task and like to see it through when i have it planned out but this is the one time i don’t think it will happen i’d just be too energy drained. Yeah i was shocked when i found out 7 weeks ago that i was 25 weeks gone such a shock to the system!

Hopefully i will be like you and be happy with my daughter. I know its all in how you raise them but when you see them in a shopping district/mall and they are just whining or being disobedient ugh it pulls me back evan more making me wish to sow myself up or hoping that somehow id push out a Dobermann lol

08/30/10  03:50pm

Repfanaticlady29
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2172564

Quote:

The photo is really cute ^^ you have any idea on what her other half is now she is abit bigger?

I have absolutely no idea what’s in her. I can tell you she looks nothing like her mother though. lol

She has some major drive and she’s very leggy. I was going to get her DNA tested, but I’ve been told it’s only 20% accurate. It’s not worth the money to me.

It IS all in how you raise them. Don’t pay a bit of attention to all those other children. I was so worried my daughter would be like them also. Wasn’t a problem at all.

08/30/10  08:07pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Repfanaticlady29   In reference to Message Id: 2172634

Ah her mother is really pretty too ^^ some reason when i see Keona evan as a baby i just see part American Bulldog, i don’t know why its not as if her markings reel her off from other types ut to me she has a Am. Bulldog appearance.
I can’t comment on the DNA kits i have never had to use one nor known anyone to have used the kit themselves i did read somewhere on the computer that it can’t single out Bull terrier/Bulldog types (mainly Bull Terriers) and files them in as "Pitbulls" no matter if its a APBT, Am. Staff, Staff or English Bull weather thats true or not i don’t know.
Yeah i keep getting told its how you raise them and obviously you can tell when you see how some parents just let there kid do as it pleases then i worry incase mine decides to copy bad habits from a friend or class mate (when old enough) as im not sure about America (i never pay attention to the kids when i go over on holiday) but here the parents just don’t care if there kid swears/curses, disobeys, lack of respect for older people etc. and some kids just like to copy the "cool" kids . . . ugh the whole thing just worries me ^^

08/31/10  03:08am

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area