Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

Oneluvshorty05   Keirax   LizaB2008   Oneluvshorty05   Keirax   Oneluvshorty05   Ghastly   Oneluvshorty05   Ghastly   Keirax   Ghastly   Keirax  
 Member  Message

Oneluvshorty05
View Profile

Hey All, New Here

Hi All, I am normally over in the Leo forums but thought, what the heck. Here are some pictures of my babies!
1&2 Rusty - American Staffshire Pitt Bull
3&4 Precious - American Red Nost and Staffshite Pitt Bull - Rusty’s Daughter
5&6 Angel - Boxer

07/27/10  01:32pm

Keirax
View Profile

Message To: Oneluvshorty05   In reference to Message Id: 2165323

Hey All, New Here

welcome to the forum and those are beautiful dogs, glad to see there are still great dog owners that can start to make a difference in the misunderstanding of these wonderful dogs. I too own a Staffordshire, mines what many call a "blue nose". Hes all blue with white socks and a batman symbol on the back of his neck. Me and my hubby saved him from a kill shelter near our home town on june 22nd 2010. We couldnt bring him home till july 1st however, we have had him almost a month and hes the cutest. Hes so calm and submissive, no dog fights he gets along with every one of my odd animals. Hes never snapped at any of them, he knows sit, stay, lay, down, jump, shake,play dead, and heal, already.Hard to believe b4 me this poor dog had no human interaction and was living on the canals with his 2 littler mates.Cant post his pics im on a pos mac and it doesnt post right but ill get pics soon of him

07/29/10  04:51am

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Keirax   In reference to Message Id: 2165610

Hey All, New Here

What beautiful bullies

08/01/10  09:40am

Oneluvshorty05
View Profile

Message To: Keirax   In reference to Message Id: 2165610

Hey All, New Here

Thank you all. Yes they are beautiful and I am one of those people that gets upset when I hear people stereotyping the breed. ITS NOT THE DOG, ITS THE OWNER, just like if you raise a kid to fight, argue, steal, etc that is what they will do. You raise a dog to fight, attack, etc thats what they will do! DUH to all those that think "its the breed"! Sry just frustrating

08/02/10  10:35am

Keirax
View Profile

Message To: Oneluvshorty05   In reference to Message Id: 2166595

Hey All, New Here

lol i agree all those who freak over the breed of the do need to remember who mad that breed into what they are today. We wanted fighters, protecters, loyal animals so we picked the best out of the breeds to breed together and create them our way. Every dog is born with a pure heart only after years with a bad owner do they become "bad dogs" and even then they are just misunderstood animals that need love and a second chance. i mean we give murders and rapists second chances why do we kill an animal that had no control over what it became. No matter what some people think these dogs do NOT want to kill, do NOT want to get beat. All they want is our love and how do we repay them? By letting them take the fall from our mistakes.

08/02/10  05:57pm

Oneluvshorty05
View Profile

Message To: Keirax   In reference to Message Id: 2166722

Hey All, New Here

Exactly! Good to know that there are others out there that feel the way I do about Pitts!

08/05/10  03:52pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Oneluvshorty05   In reference to Message Id: 2167334

Hey All, New Here

What a gorgeous group you have there especially Precious i love the pied variety. Good to hear there in good hands also i hate reading about the butts that own them these days!

08/08/10  05:19am

Oneluvshorty05
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2167836

Hey All, New Here

Yeah, me too! I just wish people would get over the stereotyping because if they did, they would see what a great breed they really are. Mine protect me and my kids, not viciously might I add. They just let me know if someone is outside, at the door, etc. One day, I hope people will realize how great they are!

08/09/10  06:46am

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Oneluvshorty05   In reference to Message Id: 2168059

Hey All, New Here

People like with everything else only realize how much they love something and/or respect something once it’s gone. I see that with all the breed bans (excluding the countries that use fighting to reel in cash for the family) and trying to rid the world of Bull terrier types and the occasional Bulldog variety once they are all gone people may look back and feel bad for there ignorance judging them by there apperance and the rough people that owned them.
I myself get sick and tired of being swept with the same broom as the people who use them for pridal image, drug den gaurding and to make there club house look intimidating to general public members and other gang members, ignorant public like to see them as a status symbol dog and the owners are not worth any good and up to mischeif were as not long ago eg. 10yrs ago they were known as a loving family dog and not just the APBT but the English Bull, American Staffordshire Bull and the Staffordshire Bull but it just takes a few butts to ruin it for decent people.
I myself believe pet companies don’t exactly help the matter either by promoting the "tough" image eg. harness and collars with a 3" spiked stud on them and a tow truck chain leash don’t get me wrong my Milla has a 2" wide lavender purple suede spike collar but the spikes are a meer 1cm in length nothing "hard" nor "tough/intimidating" but many people have commented on it as "cute" and "butch yet girly" with a little chuckle. I think how we "dress" them gives off a impression also . . . if that makes sense?

But like i said and with everything else people will see the good things they have done when there are no more around and will see that they are good dogs and they are that loyal and determined to please you many people abused that charecter of them to train and raise them the wrong way just like now people like to see that side of them but not there eager pleasing persona and the fact that in USA they are used as therapy dogs, guide dogs, police - drug dogs, helpers for partial disabled people jobs that many Labradors and Golden Retrievers do just a Bull terrier or Bulldogs outer skin and body structure avoids people to see that of them.

08/10/10  08:06am

Keirax
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2168338

Hey All, New Here

Once again i agree with you fully, i understand what you are saying about us "dressing" up our dogs just like the "cute" image of tiny dogs that get carried around in purses with little tutus on. Its upsetting when you see a person walking a beautiful Bully down the road with a big tow chain, for one have any of you felt how heavy some of these chains are, imagin wearing one around your neck like a neckless all day, poor dogs, anyways they think it makes them look "cool" or more intimidating, in fact its hurting the breed even more. I was so upset tonight, i went to the store with my 5 month old Staffordshire i rescued in june. Hes just adoreable, not grown into his bully build yet and has this thing where one ear purks up and the other flops over like a hound dog lol. I have a normal red collar and a blue walker leash for him, i walked into the store and the guy behind the counter followed me out. He started asking about the puppy (named Tiberious) and asked if he could pet him. I said ofcourse, he reached his hand out to pet my puppy..... My puppy licked him...thats right licked him and this guy jumped out of hos skin like i just shot him. He started freaking out and wouldnt pet him thinking he would bite....Really if he was going to bite i think he would have bit the first 50 people to walk up to him when i walked in... That wasnt even the part that upset me, shortly after i started home another man from the store casme up talkingto me about my dog. He started asking how much he would be worth and where i got him, saying how he wants a papered with full blood lines that can hold its own. The look of this guy screamed out pit fighter to me, he seemed to care to much about how well he could fight. My dog didnt like him either sat next to me just watching the guy...I left the store needless to say. People anger me with the ignorance. They say ignorance is bliss but i think we are taking it a bit to far on alot of matters not just "pitbulls" not just animals. Anyways got to head out i enjoy readingyour posts Ghastly everyone have a great night :)

08/11/10  04:59am

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Keirax   In reference to Message Id: 2168541

Hey All, New Here

Oh yeah dressing up a dog does play a part definitely! Despite the studded, leather, chain gear "specially designed" for the Bull terrier/dog type’s i have seen them on the internet shops proudly boasting that some chain leash are two stone in weight!!! Don’t know about you but i wouldn’t want to hold that in my hand let alone attach it to Milla’s collar and her carrying the weight round her neck . . . to me it would be like carrying a St. Bernard on my back all day!
I have been in the same situation as you my dear with Milla, all i can say is i hope it gets better for you like it did for me! Milla too is a pot licker she could wash ALL my windows three times over with her tongue before she gets bored haha but i have had the same reaction with the hand jolting back too people must think that Bull terriers/dogs only have teeth in there mouths and not tongues, if thats what they think how do they think they drink?

For the ears Milla had that too when i got her she looked like a little black Labrador pup with her floppy ears then getting older she had the one floppy one half pricked like your little girl has needless to say its really cute but now she has two half pricked ears that are like a elephants haha ^^

08/12/10  03:31pm

Keirax
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2168948

Hey All, New Here

lol sounds cute as heck. Im glad there are people like you out there still, i like comingon here and findingout theres still the slightest hope for this breed. I had another bad encounter yesterday with my little man :(.I pick my mom up from work every night, sje closes her store so shes there alone and i bring my lil boy with me. A woman came in and started talking to my mom about the dog. She asked what kind he was and b4 i could tell her hes a Staffordshire she blurts out "oh my god hes one of those dogs that attack for no reason!" and backs away...i was so upset all i could do was laugh at this ladys ignorance. I said um no hes not a dog that attacks for no reason because no dog attacks for no reason. Hes a staffordshire bull terrier. She replied with isnt he a pit bull? Again i corrected her and explained a bit about the breed misunderstanding. Before she left she said " oh a guy down the road has a pitbull that attacked my friends small dog for no reason they are mean dogs." At this point i gave up on trying to explain to this lady about how a dog gets mean in the first place. She left and i decided im going to print out information sheets on this breed and carry them around with me since we tend to get alot of people in this city interested in us and everytime someone asks me if hes one of those "mean breeds" im going to hand them a sheet lol hopefully that will help stop some of the ignorance.

08/12/10  06:09pm

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area