Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

Happy Crazy Hayley   Repfanaticlady29   FutureVet123   LizaB2008   Oneluvshorty05  
 Member  Message

Happy Crazy Hayley
View Profile

HELP!!! pitt bull

my pitt bull has somekind of rash all over her back in different spot and on her stomach and other area hint hint its red spots in big spot she scraches them all the time and she is looseing hair help please it is allso on her chin HELP!!! idk what it is what do i do

07/12/10  02:17pm

Repfanaticlady29
View Profile

Message To: Happy Crazy Hayley   In reference to Message Id: 2162048

HELP!!! pitt bull

Take her to the vet. Plain and simple that is the ONLY thing you can do.

07/12/10  06:45pm

FutureVet123
View Profile

Message To: Repfanaticlady29   In reference to Message Id: 2162138

HELP!!! pitt bull

If the skin is irritated and broken out and she is losing fur, it sounds like mange could be a large possibility. Like repfanaticlady29 said above, take her to the vet. This doesn’t sound like a home remedy situation, so I would at least take her in for a consultation.
-Peaches and Jeni

07/12/10  09:40pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: FutureVet123   In reference to Message Id: 2162175

HELP!!! pitt bull

Actually sounds like a food allergy to me. The best thing to do is take her to the vet and have them check her out like the others said. They’ll give you some antibiotics and steroids to clear the rash up and you’ll need to change her foods. One of the Danes has food allergies and that is exactly what happened to him. Some of the local pharmacies, such as Giant Eagle, will give you the antibiotics free with a prescription.

07/16/10  09:43am

Oneluvshorty05
View Profile

Message To: Happy Crazy Hayley   In reference to Message Id: 2162048

HELP!!! pitt bull

I have owned and bred pit bulls for awhile. I own two currently and have taken a break in breeding but my male Rusty has what you discribed! It is a sensitivity to fleas! It gets really bad at times. The vet I took him to said to use a flea shampoo weekly along with Johnson’s Baby Shampoo as it is gentle on the skin. You can also give 1 tablet of Brewers yeast with garlic per 10 pounds of weight. You can either wrap it up in something to get him to eat it or crush it and put it on his food. Also, be sure to use a flea and tick monthly treatment. But I could be wrong as I havent seen pictures of what it looks like on your dog. It could also be scabies or mange though, or about a handful of other problems. If you try the above for a couple of weeks and it still doesn’t get better, take him to the Vet and have a skin test done! Hope this helps

07/27/10  01:44pm

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area