Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

Reptictale92   LizaB2008   ShadowAceD   LizaB2008   Reptictale92   Keirax  
 Member  Message

Reptictale92
View Profile

Love for my pit:]

I just bought a 10 week old fawn blue pitbull, and he is the smartest pit I had ever owned. Just in 1 day he got the concept of wakeing up a go wait by the front door, and learned how to sit and shake. His name is dozer and him and my year old french mastiff are best of friends. Just goes to show you pitbulls are the best breeds.

07/11/10  07:50pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Reptictale92   In reference to Message Id: 2161891

I’m sorry. What is a fawn-blue pit bull? I have seen many colors, but I have never even heard of a color as such.

07/16/10  09:45am

ShadowAceD
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2162958

The order of words for description is incorrect. The dog is, technically, a Blue Nose Fawn. This just means the dog comes from specific lines of "blue nosed" dogs that happens to be fawn in color. These are the same lines that produced the "blue" pitbulls, which is just a diluted form of black. The fawn variant is similiar to the variant that exists in Dobermans for fawns (Isabella). It simply a more diluted form of the Buckskin dogs.

Pic below. It is not mine.

Link

07/16/10  02:32pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: ShadowAceD   In reference to Message Id: 2162980

I see. Thanks. It’s a beautiful looking dog.

07/16/10  09:02pm

Reptictale92
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2163010

He looks just like that. His grandparents are both razoredge blues. To me the fawn blues look better.

07/16/10  10:54pm

Keirax
View Profile

Message To: Reptictale92   In reference to Message Id: 2163030

i just received my new family member on the 1st of this month, i rescued him for a kill shelter him and his 2 brothers where dropped off by a canal and left to die, he too is extremely smart, he goes to the door and gives me his "Potty eyes" when he has to go. he can sit, stay, shake, crawl, play dead, and speak already. He loves all my other animals including my mothers 3 cats and dog, my 2 rats, my bird, and my savannah monitor lizard. He cleans the cats and rats and plays tag with the other dog, he does not bit in fact i have never ever seen him open his mouth and place his teeth on anything but his own tail and his toys. I take him everywhere with me. This breed just like many other breeds are very smart and loyal dogs if trained correctly. then again some would say we are just lucky to have such well behaved "pitbull" :P anyways my puppy is giving me his potty eyes as i type i hope you all have a great night and wish you and your pets the best.

07/20/10  01:21am

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area