Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

Vwvixen02   Repfanaticlady29   Vwvixen02  
 Member  Message

Vwvixen02
View Profile

Bringing another boxer into my family..HELPPP

I have a ten year old male boxer who can be a little weird in public with male dogs...well...a female pure bred kind of fell into my lap and I will be adopting her. She is 3 yrs old not fixed...but will be asap...and very nice with other dogs. The kicker is i just bought a new house so Thursday I will be bringing my boy dog Tyson to the house in the morning and Layla the girl boxer Thursday night. Is there anyway to do this calmly? Should i just let them both out back and have at it? Tyson is fixed i didnt mean like that...there will def def be no naughty business happening...I have a baby gate at the top of my steps should i let them meet through that? Any tips???

06/28/10  12:17pm

Repfanaticlady29
View Profile

Message To: Vwvixen02   In reference to Message Id: 2159150

Let them meet on leash in a neutral area and then bring them both into the house. If everything goes fine out of the house then let them off to wander around, but keep an eye on them. I’ve never had problems introducing dogs, so not sure what to do if they do have problems. I’m sure others will be able to chime in and help.

06/28/10  07:44pm

Vwvixen02
View Profile

Message To: Repfanaticlady29   In reference to Message Id: 2159255

so it didnt go as smooth as i thought...my male dog jumped on the females back as to say im in charge and she got scared...we went to the park for an hour and let them sit next to eachother but not close enought to touch it went ok...were going to do this everyday and soon let them meet through a gate...hope it goes well

07/02/10  03:28pm

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area