Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

Ghastly   LizaB2008   LizaB2008   Ghastly   Keirax   Ghastly   Keirax   Ghastly   Keirax  
 Member  Message

Ghastly
View Profile

I start to wonder. . .

I am starting to wonder about a good friend of mine that bred good quality, healthy Rottweilers in the Philippines. He still breeds Rotts but has also started on the APBT and i can’t help but think if i want to be associated with him and his friends anymore.
Last time we properly spoke was in the summer of ’06 they were against the fighting and baiting which is quite well known about in Asia but now im not sure if i believe them now. Apart from the photo condition on there website they also have the "Pit rule" guide plastered on. We used to talk about the European "Pit rule" alot but that is alot of physical and mental stimulation exercise tasks but there one is on fighting.

But on the same time i can’t help feel as if it was down to him loosing his best Pit he seen him as a brother and generally referred to him as one. Last time we all met up they only used to hunt vermin with there APBTs to which is what killed "Tiny" due to chemicals.

But evan the photo’s of there Rotts they are in condition and somewhat better looking living requirement (they aint in cage) but they still have huge tow truck chains on them, evan the pup pics have chain leash and a somewhat shabby empty room.

I am hoping the conditions have improved as some photo’s have a date on the from ’06 - ’07 but at the same time i can’t help but feel doubt that they haven’t. I myself don’t want to be associated as if you know one bad living condition dog owner you are automatically labelled as one but at the same time they are good friends, anyone sorta understand my "predicament"?

06/14/10  07:52pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2155795

I start to wonder. . .

The pit in the first picture has scars on her face and all of the pits are pretty underweight. I would say the first is in the poorest condition. The rott pup in the last pic has worms by the looks of the bloated tummy. I wouldn"t deal with whomever is breeding those dogs. Their dogs are not in the best condition possible. They need to fix that.

06/15/10  03:19pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2156014

I start to wonder. . .

If they are good friends of yours then you need to tell them that their dogs are in poor condition and that they need to fix it or nobody is going to want a dog from them, at least no one that is worth selling a dog to. Just by looking at their pics I can tell you that I probably wouldn’;t think twice about getting a puppy from them. Don’t get me wrong, the dogs are pretty and can be easily fixed. But dogs in that sort of condition often have4 worse, long term issues.

06/15/10  03:27pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2156017

I start to wonder. . .

The first picture "Bunny" i know she has a skin condition thats has left scarring to her face and body with scratching despite she has meds. A few of there APBTs on there gallery aren’t in much of a good skeletal condition but most are were as all the Rotts are in good body shape (bar pup pics). I emailed him asking but haven’t gotten a email yet, i am hoping that i am just over-exaggerating and failing to see cultural difference since over there they do eat dog on a regular basis and obviously quite a semi-poor place in Asia, but i don’t know just need to wait for a reply but im hoping they aren’t fighting although i have a horrid feeling i am just kidding myself.
Shocking thing is there dogs used to be so well kept until they moved and the APBTs have always been the tall and slender type which are supposed to see some rib but covered in a thin sheet of muscle. But will keep updated!!

06/16/10  12:34pm

Keirax
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2156248

I start to wonder. . .

I really hope those dogs are in better condition now. They should not be in small cages like that especially full metal cages with nothing soft for them to lay on. They are going to develop bed sores. I am a Staffordshire Terrier (aka Pitbull) owner and lover. I feel these dogs are severely misunderstood and because of that they are treated as "mean" dogs. The "Pitbulls" in those pictures are in very bad condition. They should have way more muscle mass than they do. Their lack of muscle tells me that they are neglected. The last thing to go for starving or miss treated dogs is the muscles, "pitbulls" are a breed of dogs with lots of muscle and to see them that skinny is heart breaking. If he is truly your friend you need to convince him to either change the living conditions or to get rid of these dogs to better homes that can give them the care and love they deserve.

06/25/10  05:49pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Keirax   In reference to Message Id: 2158421

I start to wonder. . .

Well we spoke and was evan sent a video the dogs aren’t like that anymore he was saying they are old photo and also transporting photos from home moves, to which im slightly relieved as i was baffled in how they would go from 5* accommodation to a 2* living requirement.
If i may say Staffordshire bull terrier are not "pitbulls" if anything "pitbull" isn’t a breed, sorry pet hate of mine ^^
Well he breeds the traditional style American Pit Bull Terrier which are 40lb - 60lbs in weight and 18 - 24inch to withers, his dogs are in well good proportion and if anything i highly respect that he refuses to breed and cross breed to the ridiculous "pocket pit" and the nice bulky "gladiator" styles, he keeps them how they were supposed to be created and he has done such a good job a that. As for the muscle mass you are supposed to see them pictures don’t do the dogs justice i agree but having seen them face to face and interacting with them they do have meat on there body and are the most happiest, friendly things towards strangers first time they met me i came out the cab walked up to the door and got swirled around, wacked by tails and tongues being wagged at me no bark or grumble to be heard same for his Rotts ^^
Also they do get loved and cared for tons along with vet care, good food and grooming try finding that in the Philippines where dog is as good as chicken!

06/25/10  06:52pm

Keirax
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2158444

I start to wonder. . .

lol i know there is no breed called "pitbulls" but many only know the breed by that name that we humans gave them.thats way i put it like i did. :D

06/25/10  07:00pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Keirax   In reference to Message Id: 2158448

I start to wonder. . .

Yeah i know but if people were better educated about dog breeds they would see that the Stafford is small, the Am. Stafford is rather tall and stocky, American Pit is actually a tall slender dog not these ugly muscular things, nothing makes them all look alike they all have there own uniqueness. Those folk just annoy me especially when they classify them all as "pitbulls" or just the American Pit, they really bug me....

06/25/10  07:05pm

Keirax
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2158450

I start to wonder. . .

i agree with you entirely, the lack of education in dogs owners is infuriating. To think these poor dogs suffer because of lack of knowledge amongst their owners.

06/25/10  07:07pm

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area