Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

Ghastly   Amyers   Ghastly   LizaB2008   Ghastly   LizaB2008   Ghastly   LizaB2008   Ghastly   LizaB2008   Keirax   Ghastly   Keirax   Ghastly   Senshokukiba   Keirax   LizaB2008  
 Member  Message

Ghastly
View Profile

Haha, i owned them ^^

Just got back from a hours walk with miss Milla, a young kid came over a petted her she sat down as i told her to but as a typical pup the bum was wiggling and the tongue was giving it everything tasting the kids hand then mum came over she asked "isn’t that one of those "evil" dogs?" i said "no, she is just a Staffordshire bull terrier". Despite knowing what she meant and despite Milla is a undercover APBT the woman took ahold of her 5y/o sons hand and walked him away poor kid was looking back waving at us but yet his face looked full of tears poor Milla was standing there moaning as if to say "where are you going?!"

But yeah i thought i would share sheerly because i liked my answer and very much how the woman was very into Milla until i said she was a Stafford, to which a breeds name can automatically change someone’s opinion on a single dog... I wonder what she would have done if i did say she was a APBT? Apart from getting arrested and Milla being sent away :(

06/11/10  10:44am

Amyers
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2154893

Haha, i owned them ^^

I have no idea what is wrong with people and bully breeds, like Staffords. my mom is the same way with all breeds that have a scary or intimidating look. I don’t have and pit bulls on my block but the neighborhood chihuahua is scarier then pit bulls xD

06/11/10  07:47pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Amyers   In reference to Message Id: 2155032

Haha, i owned them ^^

I don’t either to be honest unlike most i don’t judge a book by it’s cover. My dad isn’t a bull breed person he isn’t evan struck on the British Bulldog but he had a real bad run in with a Bully type when he was younger so like me with Border Collies and having tons of awful experience with them i don’t blame him, however he is warming up to Milla and does pet her and speak to her so i think he is warming up to her but yet still cautious.
Haha thats like me no one dare’s walk the 30 min stroll from the village to my home cause of the dogs but if they see me in the village with Milla or with Milla and a couple of Dobes everyone is watching us like eagle’s! Despite none of them so much as look at another dog or person. But there are some nasty s.o.b Collies in the village (no matter where i go i always meet the nasty one’s lol) and im the one most people are wary of *tsk*

06/12/10  06:38am

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2155115

Haha, i owned them ^^

people are so ef’fing stupid. I sware if I told someone Zoe was a vicious killer they would believe it lol. What can we do though, people are stuck on their beliefs and as far as they are concerned, anything with a bulky head and a masculant body is a devil dog lol. Me and some old lady in one of my classes was talking about Dobermans and how i’ve always wanted one and she called them demon dogs. She said that I was crazy for wanting one. I guess i’m crazy then because I’m still going to get one.

06/14/10  03:02pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2155698

Haha, i owned them ^^

Haha if you are crazy for wanting one then what the hell am i?

06/14/10  05:52pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2155747

Haha, i owned them ^^

Completely insnae....you need to be sent to mad house and put in a strait jacket Ghastly! LMAO

That lady needs help. She has Labradoodles :P Excuse me if I like powerful dogs with an elegant look. I lub my Zoe Bear!

06/15/10  03:05pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2156009

Haha, i owned them ^^

Best tie a tow truck chain round the straight jacket also lol!

Lol, Labradoodles "designer" breeds are a lame excuse of a dog! I like Labs (only chocolates though) and Poodles (but must be the french standard pompom one’s lol) but to give them a stupid name URGH!! Does she see them as "pure-breeds"?

06/16/10  12:20pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2156240

Haha, i owned them ^^

Yes she does. Really irritates me. Drives me insane. i jumped all over her and told her all the good things these breeds do and that unlike her dogs they were bred for a reason, they have a purpose. She still believes that Dobermans are Devil Dogs lol. She thinks they should euthenize all Pit Bulls.

06/17/10  12:33pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2156465

Haha, i owned them ^^

Ugh that just makes me sick!

Some people just don’t see "dangerous" breeds as dogs! Its like over here at the minute we may be banning the dog training due to them being a potential hazard to the general public!! I for one live 30 mins from my village if i do take the dogs out they are always muzzled and have security harness on them, despite people know they are well behaved and have no problem in coming forward to them i still need to take precaution due to the police?!?!?! Things confuse me.

A dog is a dog no matter if its tiny in size it can fit in your pocket or its that large it can just squeeze in your car. It doesn’t matter if it is white, gold, brindle or black and tan its just a colour. I don’t see why i like you can get people come up to us both and slag what is on the end of our dog leash were as if they were to go up to a black person and call him/her the "N" word they would get there heads bashed in due to racism but still on that note the black person would be the one that got in more trouble. If anything like certain dog breeds white people get away with everything and anything!

06/17/10  04:27pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2156520

Haha, i owned them ^^

Exactly. People are racists towards pit bulls, rottweilers, dobermans, bulldogs, etc.

06/21/10  12:45pm

Keirax
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2157303

Haha, i owned them ^^

Humans fear what they do not understand. Stafford’s are only one of the many many breeds we created. Either to be fighters or lap dogs we make them what they are. There are NO bad dogs only bad owners. It breaks my heart all over the world Staffordshire Bull Terriers are being out lawed or have special restrictions. Just because of the name and reputation we gave them they are "bad" dogs. I feel very strongly about animals Staffordshire’s being one of the ones i hold close to my heart. I lost my dearest Stafford in 05 when my mothers boyfriend did not like him because he attacked him when he beat my mother. I came home from school and he was gone. He told me he took him to the pound, at the time i was to young and submissive to take actions, i tired to find him i called all the shelters. The last shelter i called said the only "PitBull" they have received was a red nose they put to sleep. I asked them why they put him to sleep they told me he was vicious and because of his breed he could not be fostered. I broke down in tears my dog was not vicious nothing about him was. But because of the rep these poor dogs have they dont stand a chance. They dont get the same loving treatment as say a poodle or one of the "nicer" breeds. All over the world more and more dogs are being put to sleep just from sheer misunderstanding. Like dominos people fall in line to the rumors of "bad" dogs "vicious" dogs, sometimes you get that person that falls out of line that chooses to go their own way and take in these poor misunderstood dogs. Unfortunately there are to few of these people that understand the "bad" breeds. It will always be this way humans will always destroy what they can not control or understand. Its up to the few that fall out of place to try our best to make a difference. It may not be major but little things like adopting and spay/neutering your pets help in the long run. Please remember your dogs love you unconditionally they protect us, keep us company when we are lonely no matter what happens they are there for us, shouldnt we return the favor.
Keirax

06/25/10  06:26pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Keirax   In reference to Message Id: 2158436

Haha, i owned them ^^

You can say that agin about hem fearing what they don’t understand, unless we can control something we created we are happy if we cannot we destroy it taking others with it also.
Sorry to hear about your dog, i would scream and most likely go on a murder rampage if i was in that situation with Milla i was already there with two of my working dogs at the beginning of the year and my gosh that didn’t end well!
People can be and are just heartless.

06/25/10  06:43pm

Keirax
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2158441

Haha, i owned them ^^

i completely agree. Thank you for your kind words about my Staffordshire. I just went to the local kill shelter on june 22nd and rescued a small Staffordshire Puppy. He was going to be put down in only a few day this shelter only keeps the dogs for a week be for Putting them down. I have been looking to adopt since i lost him but havent had a chance i came a crossed the shelter by mistake and decided to go in. I saw him and his siblings and almost cried so i adopted him. At least these going to be one less dog suffering in the hands of a cruel owner or being put down before they even experience life. So im bringing him home shortly after the 1st when he gets fixed and this time im not letting anyone take my baby from me. :D

06/25/10  06:52pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Keirax   In reference to Message Id: 2158443

Haha, i owned them ^^

Glad to hear you find yourself a new little buddy, hopefully you two will be together until his life ends naturally.

06/25/10  06:54pm

Senshokukiba
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2158445

Haha, i owned them ^^

My mom is frightened by dog breeds that were originally bred to fight (primarily, bully breeds); my mom is not "racist", nor is she "ef’fing stupid", though. -_-’

I’ve posted some really rude things here, but at least I did them with tact; Repticzone has really fallen.

06/26/10  01:11am

Keirax
View Profile

Message To: Senshokukiba   In reference to Message Id: 2158549

Haha, i owned them ^^

I think you misunderstood what Rep was saying, when you allow fear to control wether or not you would put a dog to sleep just for his breed is what i believe he was referring to not those who just fear the breed because they were ment to fight. Those who think ALL of a breed is bad for its bad history are the ones he is referring to.Those who Will NOT give any of that breed a chance no matter what because "they are a mean breed" or anything along those lines. Im sure he was not trying to be rude just stating what he felt about the matter, unless it was directed to your mother i see no harm in what he said.

06/26/10  12:53pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Keirax   In reference to Message Id: 2158606

Haha, i owned them ^^

If your mom allows herself to be "frightened" by a dog that was anciently bred to fight other dogs, and not to aatck humans then that is pretty stupid. To be honest I am more scared of being attacked by a Chihuahua then I am a Pit Bull. As a matter of fact, I took my little cousing to the hospital after being attacked by the mixed breed down the street and the doctor said he has had more people come in for a bite that came from a lab then he had for pit bulls.

Just because your mom is not a racist doesn’t mean anything, perhaps the correct term to use was prejudice. I have people stereotype my Rottweiler all the time. Because she is gentle and walks up to people with a friendly attitude she is supposably nothing like a Rottweiler is supposed to be. Like just because she’s a Rottweiler she should be lunging at small children and ripping someones face off.

Does your mom have any probable reason to live in fear of those who were bred to fight? My mom is afraid of Rottweilers because she was almopst attacked by one when she was pregnant with me...but she has made an effort to over come that with Zoe. People who aren’t willing to overcome petty, meaningless fears of a dog that has a different image then cute and fluffy are stupid. I was attacked by a large male Doberman as a child, and it was in fact the scariest thing that has ever happened to me, but I never became scared of the breed because the one dog bit me. Just because one dog of that specific breed makes a mistake because their owners were to careless to make sure their dog was properly trained and restrained in the yard doesn’t make the rest of the breed bad. Every breed has their odd balls.

I hate it when I take my dog to a pet store and am told by uptight people like yourself that my dog should have a muzzle because she is a Rottweiler and they can turn on you and attack at any time. It really does make me mad because is one of the best dogs anyone could have. To me the stereotype of Rottweilers having high tendencies to turn on you is like saying all black people like watermelon and friend chicken. It is a stereotype non the less.

Fact of the matter is, no one should live in fear of certain breeds just because of their breed history. Alot of the European breeds, such as the Rottweiler, fought along side their masters in war. They ripped soldiers throats and attack many people. Do people hold that against them?

06/27/10  09:29am

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area