Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

Ghastly   KrazyKelli   Mel Mel   Ghastly   Mel Mel   FutureVet123   Ghastly   FutureVet123   Ghastly   FutureVet123   Ghastly   Mel Mel   FutureVet123   Mel Mel   Ghastly  
 Member  Message

Ghastly
View Profile

Incontinent

Another topic about Milla’s peeing lol

Just now along with last night she has had accidents when sleeping. She is coming out of heat now the bleeding is just about finished so now its the ovulating stage, but as i said last nigth (Friday) and just now (1am on Sunday morning) i have woke her up to her lying in a little puddle to which she obviously doesn’t know about as its happened when she has been sleeping and she keeps trying to look at her rear end as its damp. Friday night was like her whole bladder let go and just now is still abit but not as much as the other night.

She doesn’t get any water after 6:30pm sometimes 7:00pm as thats when she has finished her dinner, she has never been a big drinker and seems to drink less when it gets near her dinner time as if she knows its getting picked up soon. She will go for a walk at 7:30 an hour after her dinner she will do both toilets at this walk then she isn’t out again until 10pm to which she does a little dribble im generally in bed round about 1am or 2am and she is let out again at that time but thats always a dribble too. On a weekday she is out at 6am when Al goes to work and always does a pee then too so its never as if she goes long without a toilet break despite she can hold it in for 7hours (we have never been away at work for longer than that amount of time) it just seems to be the past couple of days whilst she has been sleeping her bladder gives way.

I am phoning the vet on Monday about this as it is shut on a Sunday unless you need a emergency home visit and Saturdays are emergencies only, i may take her in if they want to see her though but for now im just looking for pointers. Do you think it could be actual incontinence she has despite she will be a year old on the 29th this month? I have heard of young dogs getting this before but thats due to them being spayed before there first heat (we aren’t allowed to do that here we have to wait 3months after the first heat has finished)

But any ideas would be helpful will let you know what vets say on Monday!

06/05/10  07:15pm

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2153451

Incontinent

I’ve already given you the heads up on what may be expected in your last thread, but since I have free time...

The vet is going to check to see if her womanly bits are not inflamed. If she’s getting an infection in her ovaries or uterus that’s inadvertently causing a lack of bladder control, they may opt to fix her sooner rather than later.

They’ll check to make sure her intestine and bladder aren’t inflamed. This will require medication and perhaps a special diet.

The vet will probably give you a medication to tighten up the bladder. This will basically constipate the dog. I’ve been through this alley before and unless the vet is well versed in a handful of conditions up front, it will probably be the first thing that’s tried. It’s a sloppy insta-fix. If he does this to you, I recommend finding an area for the dog that wont be ruined by excess pissery.

And of course the dog will be checked for parasites. There is a parasite out there that causes a lack in bladder control, and it’s somewhat seen more often in dogs under a year old.

06/05/10  08:59pm

Mel Mel
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 2153486

Incontinent

Hope all goes well, idk what you mean.

06/06/10  05:43pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Mel Mel   In reference to Message Id: 2153731

Incontinent

Incontenant is when the bladder muscles relax randomly therefore causing a person or animal to wet themselves, hense incontanancy.

06/06/10  05:55pm

Mel Mel
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2153744

Incontinent

Ewe, how gross.

06/06/10  05:56pm

FutureVet123
View Profile

Message To: Mel Mel   In reference to Message Id: 2153746

Incontinent

It’s not gross, it’s something that can’t be helped. Hope everything improves after the vet visit, Ghast. When is it she gets spayed? For some reason I was thinking you said August but I can’t quite remember.
-Peaches and Jeni

06/06/10  06:01pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: FutureVet123   In reference to Message Id: 2153749

Incontinent

Mel Mel:

Really? Grow up! Everyone has wet themselves at some point in ther life im sure you did like i did as a child heck im 20 ive seen me out with my friends after having a few drinks some of us not making it to the toilet, yeah it may be "eww" but we all have done it!!

Jeni:

Well so far tonight no puddle! ^^ Yeah it will be middle of August as here we have to wait 3 months after there first heat to get them spayed so the insides have settled back down, we aren’t allowed to spay before the first heat unless there is a strict term to why it must be done. Seems fair in my eyes really lol ^^

06/06/10  06:04pm

FutureVet123
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2153751

Incontinent

Oh well I’m glad she’s kept the house dry so far ;-) I’m sure you can’t wait for August! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for your house to stay dry as well :-)
-Peaches and Jeni

06/06/10  06:08pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: FutureVet123   In reference to Message Id: 2153754

Incontinent

Thank you ^^ im hoping its just with her being in season as when she was a baby she only done a poo when she had a upset tummy and 3 dribbles which was down to the meds after she was mauled by the Collie dog and that was it, she has/was very good toilet training wise her breeder done a very good job!!
YES i can’t wait i don’t really like working with unaltered dogs at all plus she hasn’t been able to play with Boni nor Thor (when he visits) despite there both altered she doesn’t like anything bar me near her bum area. Plus her best buddie Rocky (golden Lab) she hasn’t been to the village to play with him in a month since he is entire as i said to his owner she is too young evan when she is 16y/o she will be too young lmao ^^

06/06/10  06:13pm

FutureVet123
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2153757

Incontinent

haha!!! Not often can I say ’lol’ and mean it, but I literally did just laugh out loud :-) So take it from me, Milla, he’s too old for you-the world doesn’t need any more cougars ;-)
-Peaches and Jeni

06/06/10  06:19pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: FutureVet123   In reference to Message Id: 2153761

Incontinent

Well despite Rocky has been a gentleman around her in the past and when we bumped into him when she was properly bleeding i still wouldn’t chance it for anything in the world! I think also i know im a good genuine owner and get dogs for there personality over appearance but i don’t trust others also with APBTs not allowed here i wouldn’t want to get caught out lol plus you should see the reputation the Staffordshire and English bull terrier have here now since APBTs and Am. Staffs aren’t allowed to be bred from and new one’s aren’t allowed in the country, its just awful!

06/06/10  06:24pm

Mel Mel
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2153764

Incontinent

I’m 10. I havn’t wet myself in a few years and I only do it at night. It’s so ewe though. I always make it to the toilet but I didn’t always until I was 3 years old.

06/06/10  06:39pm

FutureVet123
View Profile

Message To: Mel Mel   In reference to Message Id: 2153770

Incontinent

In the kindest of ways, I’m not sure if this forum is appropriate for a 10 year old. I was about 12 when I joined RepticZone (I deleted my account and made a new one a year later) and even then it was difficult for me to relate to the older people. This isn’t me scolding, scoffing, or criticizing you. It’s just a piece of advice that maybe it would be best for us to help you find a more kid friendly forum. Ammeratsu and I are both 15, and I’ll admit we’re still way young (I don’t want to come across as a hypocrite). But if you would like dog advice there are a lot of friendly people on here who would love to help you.
-Peaches and Jeni

06/06/10  08:37pm

Mel Mel
View Profile

Message To: FutureVet123   In reference to Message Id: 2153804

Incontinent

Thank you, just I like it here because it has my favourite topic, animals!

06/06/10  08:44pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: FutureVet123   In reference to Message Id: 2153804

Incontinent

Haha lol i was 16 when i started here! ^^ but age wise Jeni you have a good head on your shoulders so did Senshokukiba when she was here. I remember when i first started i was the youngest the next youngest person was 26 lol i wish the old members were back especially UglyBetty they were the good old days!

06/07/10  04:42am

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area