Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

Ghastly   Mel Mel   KrazyKelli   Ghastly   KrazyKelli   Ghastly   Mel Mel   Petmaniac1223   Mel Mel   Ghastly   Mel Mel  
 Member  Message

Ghastly
View Profile

Leaking?

Well on Tuesday coming Milla will have been in heat for two week. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced urine leaking when there females are/were in heat? She doesn’t have accidents but when she is outside doing her pee’s she will squat until she stops then she has a little prance around as usual sometimes she starts to pee whilst she is prancing around??? but she doesn’t realise she is doing it and she can prance around for quite awhile and all you see is a little stream of urine following behind her! Usually if this does happen she will squat back down again, anyone else had this? Or is it just due to the fact her vulva moves like a golf ball in a sock (its huge and if she moves ever so slightly its like a pinball machine between her legs its really quite morbid) and it just sort of does its own thing?
I thought i would "enquire" here before worrying and making a appointment for the vet, since i only ever had to work with a handful of unspayed females before never came across this.

05/30/10  06:12pm

Mel Mel
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2151586

Leaking?

Yeah, you should make an appointment with a vet. This sounds really weird and I don’t know whats going on with her.

05/30/10  07:07pm

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Leaking?

I believe the dog could simply be spreading pheromone signals to others to state that she’s, indeed, in heat.

If the dog continues after being in heat, it could be a number of things. Normally an infection in the urinary tract or uterus. Sometimes parasites. Usually easy to fix.

If the dog is in heat far more often than not, then go to the vet regardless to be extra sure there’s no problem with the internal womanly bits.

05/30/10  11:25pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 2151674

Leaking?

Thank you ^^ I just wasn’t exactly so sure as outside it just happens eg. running after the ball, after squatting etc.

I would be surprised if she is letting them know she’s in heat she went after (well ran and snapped) Boni a couple of days ago when she just sniffed her along with Thor when he was visiting despite he wasn’t taking a interest (he isn’t entire so he is good) his tail just wacked her hip and she didn’t like that just ran away. The do hates things near her bum area same with her mum she would get her back up and grumble when Roxy was cleaning her surprisingly im the only person out of all animals and people that she will let near her rear area.

Yeah i was thinking last night about making a appointment if it continues after her heat. It has happend twice before she was in heat first was when she was 14ish weeks and then again at 7 month, i put the 14 week down to when she was just about killed by the Collie dog as everything was off balance and off working for a couple of days but if you seen the vet report and the state of her you could understand.

Well made the appointment today she gets spayed at the end of August ^^ we have to have are females have there first heat then its 3 months after the heat has finished before they can be spayed, unless there is a strict term that they must be done before the first heat. but yay ^^

05/31/10  05:47am

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2151706

Leaking?

That’s cool.

In this time, don’t even think about letting some male dog come near her. Even if it’s just a ’tail whack and flee’.

You have to think about it in the view of the female dog. She’s both uncomfortable and spontaneous. Her reproductive tract hurts and she’s confused about it. Other dogs, especially unfamiliar ones, will both piss her off and look intriguing to her. She is only comfortable around those she’s familiar with and in that time, due to the discomfort and ’being in heat’, she will either snap or let them come REAL close out of nowhere.

Everything she pisses while in heat is full of pheromones and tells everyone in a few miles that she is HOT and waiting for action, regardless of the mood she’s in at the time. Other dogs will come and go, "Hey! I’m your type", then try to get real close to her. She’s, of course, going to throw a PMSy fit at them in her confused, uncomfortable state. But it only takes one male to win her over. If she runs, he may chase. If she flees, she could always come back in a sudden spontaneous urge to see who he is. It’s all a game.

05/31/10  10:15am

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 2151738

Leaking?

Yeah she isn’t around any males at all Thor was only round as Zache came for a quick visit (he never knew Milla was in heat) despite Thor being old and nuetered and despite he has never mounted anything in his life i was still wary. But no she isn’t evan allowed to play with her two friend from the village Rocky who is a golden Lab is a definate no no as he is entire and theres Keifer a Boxer he is nuetered but its still a no, she doesn’t seem that fussed about any dogs at all male or female just aslong as she has me she seems to be ok ^^ either way i still don’t chance it her exercise time is a solid game of fetch for 30 mins in a enclosed area we both can’t wait for it to be over for are weekly walk through the forest and heading down to the village every second or third day... are muscles and joints are becoming stiff haha ^^

05/31/10  10:21am

Mel Mel
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2151739

Leaking?

So I guess it’s her breeding season and shes very confused.

05/31/10  03:03pm

Petmaniac1223
View Profile

Leaking?

Sorry ghastly idk

06/06/10  04:45pm

Mel Mel
View Profile

Message To: Petmaniac1223   In reference to Message Id: 2153669

Leaking?

idk, what does that mean?