Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

Vwvixen02   Ghastly   Mel Mel   Ghastly   Mel Mel  
 Member  Message

Vwvixen02
View Profile

Moving Tips?

So I just bought my first house, as some of you know i have an 8 yr old boxer who has become a little senial...in his old age has become a marker and does spiteful things when i leave that he never did. Any advice to prevent the marking once we move into my new home? they had dogs so I know its bound to happen. If I bleach and hot water clean every inch will this prevent the peeing everywhere? Should I bring him with to the walk through a few weeks before settlement so he can see what it is and its not such a shock?

05/25/10  08:50am

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Vwvixen02   In reference to Message Id: 2150482

Moving Tips?

Oh definitely walk him there to get him used to the place before fully moving there, with him being older it will help ease him more than a younger dog.
You should be able to use a pet stain and odour remover you get from the pets store i used a brand by Xanto when i had Milla as a pup that done good it stopped her from having accidental dribbles but thats a mousse but its good. Also bleach may damage the carpets or walls vinegar is good its not the smell that stops dogs its strips the ammonia which is what dogs are attracted too, it smells for a couple of hours but leave the windows open and it helps the smell go away quicker. Some people say baking sod instead of vinegar but i have never tried that i have only used the Xanto mousse and vinegar.

Good luck with the move and congratulations ^^

05/27/10  09:10am

Mel Mel
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2150885

Moving Tips?

I hear that Milla is having peeing trouble.

06/06/10  05:47pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Mel Mel   In reference to Message Id: 2153734

Moving Tips?

And? I think you will find that that subject in for the topics i posted about it!

06/06/10  05:50pm

Mel Mel
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2153737

Moving Tips?

Oh, ya, sorry.

06/06/10  05:54pm

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area