Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

Repfanaticlady29   Ghastly   Ghastly   Repfanaticlady29  
 Member  Message

Repfanaticlady29
View Profile

My family

I’ve been gone for a bit and since it’s gotten warmer I have new pictures and updates of the dogs.

Lady will be 4 next month and has recently started having hip issues. The vet has told us to give her glucosamine. We’ve only been giving it to her for about a month, so we haven’t noticed any changes yet. My mom gives it to her Golden Retriever with hip dysplasia and it works great for him, so I’m hoping it has the same effect on Lady. Other than the hips she’s doing great.
A pic from St. Patty’s Day

Tonka (my baby) will be 17 months on the 5th. He’s doing great.
Not wanting to wear the headband.

Rusty.....well, he’s Rusty. He’s almost 3. I love having a small dog in the mix. Especially with his big personality. He’s still trying to be alpha.

Keona just turned 5 months old on the 24th. She got spayed on the 14th. Everything went great. She’s now 35 lbs. I think she may end up being smaller than I thought. She starts obedience training on the 3rd. She’s by far the most obnoxious, hard headed dog I’ve ever owned and I want to do a lot with her, so she’ll be doing all kinds of training. She’ll be CGC in a year or less. I also want to do agility and Rally-O with her. I think she’ll do great at it.
She wanted to be blue like Lady

The sleeper hold works every time

Thanks for looking.

Brook

04/29/10  04:51pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Repfanaticlady29   In reference to Message Id: 2144275

My family

Goodness gosh Keona has grown and Tonka man i remember when he was a small ball of colourful fluff ^^ lovely picture’s big hugs for the gorgeous Lady and the rest!

05/02/10  07:43am

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2144843

My family

Was meant to say in my last post ask your vet if you can have Metacam 30 for hip/elbow dysplasia, joint problems, sprains and arthritis. My parents use it on there 4y/o chocolate Lab. Cassie has had hip dysplasia since she was 15 weeks due to bad breeding i have used it on my giant bunny when she sprained her hind leg and on Dobes with sprains and mild arthritis.

05/02/10  10:52am

Repfanaticlady29
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2144858

My family

Thanks. I’ll look into. I’d rather not give stronger stuff if it’s not needed, so we’ll give her a bit with the Glucosamine before we look into alternatives. She’s not a very active dog, so the glucosamine may be enough for her. I will keep this in mind though.

Tonka changed so much from when he was a puppy. I don’t think we’ll see the same thing with Keona. lol

05/02/10  11:04pm

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area