Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

Dcabrera   KrazyKelli   ShadowAceD   Dcabrera   KrazyKelli  
 Member  Message

Dcabrera
View Profile

Looking for husky puppy

Im looking for a husky puppy for the near future around august because ill be traveling for the next 3 moth so I can’t take him/her now but after august ill be here for sure so ill be able to take care of him/her if you know anybody that is breeding, selling, or giving for adoption please tell them to contact me I have a normal size house but with a big yard so he/she will get a lot of exercise. If you wonder about the traveling I don’t travel to much but since is summer ill be having a long vacation.

04/27/10  04:00pm

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: Dcabrera   In reference to Message Id: 2143766

Looking for husky puppy

RZ is not an adoption service. Fact, it’s against the rules to post ads for buying and selling dogs. So we can’t technically go around doing all the work for you on finding a dog breeder and telling them to contact you.

But hey! I’ll help you out with a small push in the right direction:

Look on google for Florida + Husky + Puppies. You’ll probably find 17 breeders in Florida that sell huskies that way. There may be links to Husky rescues that adopt out. You can also look on Petfinder for huskies in your state’s area and help rehome one. Have you checked craigslist?

Lastly, keep in mind that huskies can and will escape the yard and run off permanently. They are the mad escape artist of all dog breeds short of dog hybrids. They will jump fences. If outside at all, a husky has to be on a lead and watched. The best way to exercise a working dog like a husky is to give it two walks a day, and the walking time should be 40 minutes or more a day.

04/27/10  04:28pm

ShadowAceD
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 2143775

Looking for husky puppy

Yep ...

Also, know that Huskies are not always the best dog to have as an only dog unless you are able to interaact with it virtually all the time and give it loads of excercise and stiumlation, as KrazyKelli said. In my experience with Huskies, they tend to do better with one or two other dogs with them. They are highly pack oriented working dogs.

04/27/10  05:07pm

Dcabrera
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 2143775

Looking for husky puppy

thanks for the help i didn’t mean to make people do my work and i wasn’t aware of the rule of not asking for buying or selling but thank you very much for the help and for the information of huskies

04/27/10  09:56pm

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: Dcabrera   In reference to Message Id: 2143855

Looking for husky puppy

There are two other things I thought I’d bring up, provided you’re still around. Just things to be warned of, nothing serious or anything.

Huskies are built for colder climates with a multi-layered coat of fur. It Must be brushed continuously if the dog is in hotter climates. Like with any colder-climate dog, it will take a ton of time. If it gets especially hot where you live in the summer, or a random heatwave occurs, the dog can overheat and perish in a yard - even one with a dog house. So the dog should be in a cooled environment at such times and/or shaved down to reduce heat suffering. Water at all times and all that.

If this is your first dog, be warned about puppy chewing. I’ve heard my fair share of stories of people losing young dogs to electrocution from chewing lamp cords, computer power units, and generally anything that plugs into a wall, as well as eating things they shouldn’t (such as rocks and plastic). When I got my first dog, a corgi, he destroyed the antique furniture in the livingroom regardless of what I did to prevent it. That’s one reason out of a few that I implore you to at least briefly consider getting an adult at the get-go. There are so many abandoned/escaped huskies out there in rescues and husky mixes in shelters that would love a new home.

and... That’s about it.

04/28/10  05:50pm

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area