Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

Ghastly   Saucier   Ghastly   ShadowAceD   Ghastly  
 Member  Message

Ghastly
View Profile

Pregnant flabby belly

I was just wondering if there is a way to reduce a dogs pregnant belly? I have only ever bred two females as i mainly stud and there stomachs went back into shape after there litter. With me obtaining Ramsay back her stomach isn’t extremly flabby but you can notice especially since she isn’t over/under weight, she has had a litter (i say a litter i don’t know how many) anyone know of any "old wives" tales or products to help reduce it abit? Or will it just tone up with exercise to which she never really got went she left my home?

04/25/10  09:55am

Saucier
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2143211

Pregnant flabby belly

I know a lot of dogs that lost their belly after but their nipples never went back to normal

p.s post pics when you can?lmao

04/25/10  01:44pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Saucier   In reference to Message Id: 2143260

Pregnant flabby belly

I will do ^^ have photos on my phone but my computer doesn’t register my phone when i connect it >.< the nipples aren’t a problem they are noticeable but not that noticeable. Im just looking for a sort of "tummy tuck" remedy it doesn’t look bad when she stands but when she sits oh boy does it droop down!

04/25/10  01:47pm

ShadowAceD
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2143261

Pregnant flabby belly

I don’t think there is much you can do. Either they bred her REALLY young or several times close together and her skin, unfortunately, has stretched out. This happened to my friend’s Doberman when some random dog in the neighborhood (we figured it was some lab or another by how the pups looked) got into her backyard and bred with the female while it was in heat. The Doberman was only about nine months old and got HUGE while pregnant. After she had the puppies, her stomach never really went back to the way it was supposed to go. She tried different types of lotions and the like, but none of it seemed to make it firm again. So, as far as I know, she’s just going to have that. My hunch is she was bred several times close together only because the guy that had her seemed like an irresponsible (insert expletive here).

04/25/10  03:00pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: ShadowAceD   In reference to Message Id: 2143275

Pregnant flabby belly

I sold her when she was Boni’s age so say 2 - 2.5 year old so it was definetly after this time. I hope for Ramsay’s sake she wasn’t bred many time’s after each pregnancy as if it was to any other Dobe or a highly strung one it would cause unstable pups, if anything i would be happier if it was just one large litter than a few in just under 3 years.

Times like this i wish dogs could speak!

04/25/10  05:12pm

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area