Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

Reptilover1   LizaB2008   Ghastly   Reptilover1   Baylor13   Ghastly   Reptilover1   Ghastly   Reptilover1   Ghastly   Reptilover1   LizaB2008   Reptilover1   LizaB2008   Reptilover1   Ghastly  
 Member  Message

Reptilover1
View Profile

Charlie got into the cheerios.....

Hey guys. Haven’t been on here much lately - had the baby (by C-section) 2 1/2 weeks ago, so haven’t had much free time! Anyway, somehow a box of cheerios ended up on the floor (I’m guessing one of the cats knocked it off) and charlie actually tore the box up getting into them (a little 6 lb Yorkie -determined little fart :) So when I walked downstairs this afternoon he was surrounded by a zillion of them and he was munching away. I’m assuming, as there’s no corn in them (he’s allergic to corn) he’ll be fine? I would never give them to him NORMally (he was none too happy when I took them away).....

04/23/10  05:40pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Reptilover1   In reference to Message Id: 2142882

ha ha. I haven’t heard the words "little fart" since i left my grandparents 6 months ago

04/23/10  06:52pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Reptilover1   In reference to Message Id: 2142882

Hey hope your keeping ok and Hannah also! He should be fine if there is no corn in them if there was a vet would be in call but just make sure the cat doesn’t do another dirty plan with Charlie they are somehow plotting something haha ^^

04/24/10  12:33pm

Reptilover1
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2142993

LOL! I’ve often thought that my cats and dogs work together. You know - running interference for each other???!!!

Yes, we’re doing fine. Would be better if Hannah would SLEEP! How are you doing?

04/24/10  04:19pm

Baylor13
View Profile

Message To: Reptilover1   In reference to Message Id: 2143023

LOL sounds like something my kids would do. Glad all is well with you and Hannah, love the name!! I give mine cheerios for a treat when we go out to nursing homes, less calories then most things and easy to eat fast. Anyways good luck with Hannah and try to get some sleep.

04/24/10  11:08pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Reptilover1   In reference to Message Id: 2143023

I have to admit i reckon cats and dogs do work together but pretend they don’t when us humans are in the room so we don’t think anything is happening!

Ah just wait you want her to sleep now in a few years she won’t want to get up out of her bed lol me is doing fine am having pysiotheraphy at the moment to help me walk again and am coming along really well ^-^

04/25/10  07:32am

Reptilover1
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2143197

Yikes! You have to relearn to walk? I’m so sorry! Hopefully that’s continuing to go well (and that it just sounds worse than it is)?????? Have you heard anything else about internal damage (ovaries, etc.)? Been thinking about you :)

Yeah, maybe EVENTUALLY I’ll want Hannah to be actually getting up! Right now she needs to sleep! Friday night she was awake from 10 p.m till 8 a.m. Saturday morning! She would NOT go to sleep! I wanted to shoot myself in the head!!! Then yesterday morning at 5 a.m. she was wide awake and I told her "you have GOT to go to sleep!" And I swear to goodness she GRINNED at me!!!

04/28/10  09:45pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Reptilover1   In reference to Message Id: 2144133

Well its more regaining the balance as i have been bed bound for so long it really doesn’t sound as bad as it is ^^ nope never heard anything back so they must not have found anything???

Ah man that sounds like a nightmare i totally take my hat off to you if i don’t get my 10 hours of sleep at night i am just a huge hormonal monster! Hopefully it is just a little phase she is taking and paying you back for taking her out of the comfy warm womb ^^ all the best for you i truly mean it

04/29/10  07:32am

Reptilover1
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2144180

Pshew.....glad it’s not THAT bad. Yeah, I guess that makes sense - regaining balance. My mom was in a bad car wreck recently and due to her shoulder being in a sling for so long (a tear in her rotator cuff) her shoulder "froze." So now they have to fix that first!!! glad they didn’t find anything "bad" internally. Now you can have your own bundle of joy who never wants to sleep lol!!!! 10 hours. Oh, that sounds so great - I remember those days (and I truly do love to sleep). Now if I get 6 I feel wonderful (not to mention that it’s a true miracle)!!! Though it’s HUGELY frustrating (last night she wouldn’t sleep AGAIN and I was seriously losing patience!!!), she really is beautiful :)

04/29/10  01:17pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Reptilover1   In reference to Message Id: 2144229

Damn i send my feelings for your mum!! I don’t really think i want a people family with no sleep i think ill just grow up to be one of those crazy old ladies with all them cats only ill have Dobes, Rotts, Mastini types and Bullies lol maybe a few cats lol. You and your partner should get one of your parents to look after her and have a nice meal and head home to a quite night, maybe in a few weeks when she is a bit older since she is still awfully young but its a thought for you ^^ and for tonight fingers crossed for you ^^

04/30/10  12:24pm

Reptilover1
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2144451

Hey - my parents did watch her briefly while we went out to eat. But they really can’t feed her, only her mommy, lol! That’s why it’s hard.....I’m always on duty!!! She didn’t sleep last night again, but I think part of the nighttime problem is her hip dysplasia. That darned harness holds her hips where she can’t straighten them out (sorry, but think gyno stirrups!), so when she’s laid on her back in the crib her poor legs are up in the air. During the day she’s either being held or in her cradle swing where her legs are supported underneath (I HOPE this is the problem. Cuz then it will get better when she doesn’t have to wear the sling anymore). Plus, it’s always worse after we have visitors. One of our best friends from where we used to live came for the weekend and he held her all day yesterday. So of course she didn’t want to be laid down on her own last night.............
I think I’d like to have the best of both worlds. Kids (though it may be awhile before I have another - I HATED being pregnant, though it sounds awful to say that, but I was miserable) AND lots of pets. I already have cats, dogs, bunnies, guinea pigs, turtles, fish and a bearded dragon. Right now I want more reptiles (but my husband HATES them). Plus, I’m breeding bugs right now (for the turtles/bearded dragon) - roaches and superworms!
If I can figure out how to post some pics of Hannah, I will (I’m a little, say, "challenged" in that area!).

05/02/10  03:28pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Reptilover1   In reference to Message Id: 2144912

What are you having trouble with as far as posting? Maybe I can help.

05/03/10  07:59am

Reptilover1
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2145041

That would be great! I’ve been asked (in a few different forums) to post pics - of my animal babies and my human baby :) And I have absolutely zero clue how to do this!!! So any help would be appreciated. Thanks, LIZ

05/03/10  02:32pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Reptilover1   In reference to Message Id: 2145103

What are you having difficulty doing? Figuring out how to post or it’s just not posting your pics?

05/03/10  06:21pm

Reptilover1
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2145140

I just have no idea how to do it - don’t even know where to start!!!

05/04/10  04:47pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Reptilover1   In reference to Message Id: 2145327

When you click on reply to post just below the box you type in there is a link that says "Get your photo list" click on that and another little box will pop up at the top you will have some options:-

"Add a photo" - click on to add a photo you will get the photo from your photo album
"edit/delete photo" - pretty much what the title says

And well i can’t remember the others ^^

But click on "add a photo" and clcik on the "browse" button and select your photo you want then fill in the other two boxes and press "select". If you want to add another click "add another photo" if not "close this window" you will go back to the little "photo list" and your picture will be on there (if like me you will need to refresh the page for it to pop up) ten click on "create code for post" it will then tell you it has been added to the reply post you are creating to which you will see the link and then all you need to do is post your reply and thats it ^^

05/04/10  04:58pm

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area