Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

Vwvixen02   ShadowAceD   Vwvixen02   HerpsinIN   ShadowAceD   Vwvixen02   ShadowAceD   Reptilover1  
 Member  Message

Vwvixen02
View Profile

Senial dog...ugh...

My boxer just turned 8 and has been acting up like crazy....we keep in our bedroom while were at work for about 4 hours alone a day...he just started pooping in the bedroom....i guess i am going to have to crate him...he goes out before we leave and as soon as we get home...i dont get it ..he also now gets into everything if we leave it out...trash...cups...candy...anything...is this old age? we moved twice in a year too i think this may have something to do with it....if i crate him will that curb this behaviour?

04/20/10  03:18pm

ShadowAceD
View Profile

Message To: Vwvixen02   In reference to Message Id: 2142017

Senial dog...ugh...

Sounds like he’s acting out. Eight is not incredibly old for a Boxer. I think he’s just lonely. Boxers are really needy dogs in general. Mine is like velcro to the point of being obnoxious, but all Boxers I have come across tend to annoy me a bit.

I don’t think the solution is to crate the dog as that can create other problems. I think the best option is not set your dog up to fail i.e. leaving anything out that could potentially be a toy or appealing to a Boxer. My trash can has a latch on the top because my dogs tend to want to get into it from time to time and, really, since I am not home and I likely come home hours after it happened, this is the easiest solution. I do not leave things where my dogs can reach them because, if they can, they will.

Just some generic stuff but, s’all I really got to offer you.

04/20/10  10:57pm

Vwvixen02
View Profile

Message To: ShadowAceD   In reference to Message Id: 2142195

Senial dog...ugh...

Thank you anything on the accidents all the sudden in the house?

04/21/10  10:51am

HerpsinIN
View Profile

Message To: Vwvixen02   In reference to Message Id: 2142301

Senial dog...ugh...

the accidents could be a health issue. Call your vet and see what they say.

04/21/10  06:01pm

ShadowAceD
View Profile

Message To: HerpsinIN   In reference to Message Id: 2142417

Senial dog...ugh...

If the defication looks normal i.e. not runny, overly smelly or of that nature, I’d say that is part of the dog acting out. It’s not uncommon for dogs that are stressed or upset for one reason or another to deficate or urinate in areas where they would not previously do so. I doubt it’s medical if it is not runny or something of that nature.

04/22/10  01:42am

Vwvixen02
View Profile

Message To: ShadowAceD   In reference to Message Id: 2142502

Senial dog...ugh...

nope its just normal feces he just does it randomly...like spitefully....if we run to the store and come back in 20 min he does it i think cause we dont take him with...i normally take him on my errands but i dont want him sitting in the car longer then 3 minutes ...so he gets pissed...and well...pisses...

04/22/10  09:24am

ShadowAceD
View Profile

Message To: Vwvixen02   In reference to Message Id: 2142545

Senial dog...ugh...

My advice to you is seek out a certified animal behavorist. They can normally offer some good insight and advice on how to figure out wha tis going on with your dog and how to correct or work with it.

04/22/10  04:18pm

Reptilover1
View Profile

Message To: ShadowAceD   In reference to Message Id: 2142645

Senial dog...ugh...

well, I don’t have a boxer, but do have 4 dogs......after we moved here end of last November one of them started freaking every time we left the house. Then he just got flat-out mad, particularly when my husband would leave for work each morning. So he’d pee or poop right by the door EVERY day. And he’d never done that before.....eventually it just got better (and we didn’t have a cow or lose it on him) when he realized we were still here and everything......

04/23/10  05:52pm

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area