Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

Leoman911   LizaB2008   Leoman911   LizaB2008   Leoman911   Ghastly   Leoman911   Ghastly   LizaB2008   Leoman911   Ghastly   Ghastly   Ghastly   Reptilover1   Leoman911   Leoman911  
 Member  Message

Leoman911
View Profile

Sad :(

guys i gotta get rid of my two dogs......... the homeowner says no pets its also in the lease which i guess my mom didnt see.............. but its killing me inside that i cant do anything about it and i dont care what she says my reptiles arent going anywhere

04/16/10  11:49pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Leoman911   In reference to Message Id: 2141220

I couldn’t give my animals up. I’m surprised they aren’t willing to work with her.....

04/17/10  02:51pm

Leoman911
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2141315

isdk if she tried because she knows shes wrong cuz its in the lease

04/17/10  04:31pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Leoman911   In reference to Message Id: 2141332

Who’s wrong? I know my mom offered to pay a pet deposit and the landlord allowed her to do so, not all landlords will work with you....but it’s always worth asking.

04/17/10  06:24pm

Leoman911
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2141351

My mom is wrong because she should have never got the dogs-it was in the lease and she singed the lease therefore she is responsible for the violation and she’s scared to even make a way for them to stay she says "I want a roof over my head" when I try to find other ways so basically there gone regardless unless I get to talk to the landlord which would be a lot of trouble so idk I doubt my mom will go that extra mile to keep them..... She doesn’t really care about them there really me and my bros. Maybe I just have to let them go??? But I will kill if it comes down to my herps and I mean that

04/18/10  01:17pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Leoman911   In reference to Message Id: 2141506

Ah man that sucks! I was in a similar situation a few years ago when i was in Oslo at uni i got a dog but the landlords daughters dogs were pooing in the communal garden and she wasn’t picking up after them and with children playing there also the health inspector got called we weren’t allowed are dog but the landlords daughter was allowed to keep hers so we all had to rehome are dogs by 7 days and the ones that were still there went in the local shelter... it was awful needless to say we didnt take kindly to it posted are own toilet waste through her letter box on her door she ended up moving but then we got thrown out and ended up in dorms :(

But excuse my story i hope you can keep them dogs and reps how about finding a home just for you?

04/18/10  03:30pm

Leoman911
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2141532

Lol that waz a funny story espacially afer it qhen u said I should move out I’m only 16 lol but I wish I could because my mom doesn’t respect my passion in animals period so were always fighting

04/20/10  01:21am

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Leoman911   In reference to Message Id: 2141902

Hey i moved out when i was 16 heck i was miles away from home i was right at the bottom of my country a good few days away from home. Im like that with my boyfriend he doesn’t respect my line of work (i send Dobermanns away for working as police, army and helper dogs) he thinks its a waste of money only he doesn’t see what i reel in after the dog has found its job lol but yet he loves it when they arrive and interacting with them.... men ^-^

04/20/10  05:52am

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2141918

Is the fact their becoming working dogs what upsets him? I know there are alot of people who don’t agree with police and army dogs, that they should be trained to bite people.

04/20/10  08:45am

Leoman911
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2141933

I would rather you train them then the army I seen with my own two eyes the meanest trainer on an army base back in DC he was yanking and choking the dog not understanding dog behavior

04/20/10  11:05am

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2141933

Training a dog correctly you don’t actually psyically hit the dog itself despite it looks like it, if the dog is on a long line usually 30ft if being used to hunt down a "criminal" aka man in suit (you don’t want to be in that position especially when a 60 - 100 pound dog jumps on your back) but on close range you get your agitation stick and either cracking it against your leg so it comes down in the dogs face but doesn’t touch it or you crack it off the leash (which is were many people are against as they think you are actually hitting the dog when you aren’t) either way you get the reaction but each dog is different to both methods just the same as any other dog training it to do a basic command. When they grab a guy/woman in a training suit or actually working they should never touch the skin when in training they are aimed to grab onto the clothing item weather its a jacket sleeve, trouser/pant leg, shoe any dog in Europe that grabs the skin and psyically puncture’s it in training is to be broken out of and if it does it when its actually working it is more han likely euthanized either way skin grabbing very rarely occurs due to the bite suits plus they weight a ton and you sweat like hell let alone trying to run in one some people make it lok easy but i tell you it isn’t ^-^

Al doesn’t really like it from what i gather is the financial side but either way that has nothing to do with him as we have are own bank accounts and my money goes on my dogs (pet and working) not his i think he is afraid incase one day i got bankrupt lol but on the other hand i think he just doesn’t like it as i think he thinks they are ticking time bombs to be around i will go up at 6am give them there breakfast then at 7am ish they are out of the pens and do as they please either trotting around or diving in the pool but i can totally rough house with them and they so much as don’t evan break out of character they just take the "abuse" and me picking them up and dropping them i interact like another dog with them and treat them like anyone would a house pet there is nothing different about them except they have extra training behind them.

But my views on it in a nutshell is that they were bred by Karl F.L. Dobermann to protect him on his tax runs from thieves so really where is the harm in continuing in this? Really? I know many people in different countries have very different views on dog training and raising i myself have nothing against dogs being used what they were originally bred to do HOWEVER for the likes of Bull terrier type dogs i have no problem with them ratting/getting rid of vermin for which they were bred to do not to fight vermin control i have nothing against were as fighting i do same applies towards the Japanese Tosa despite that is a dog bred specifically for fighting i just don’t agree with it (especially if you have seen a JT fight these guys don’t stop and is still very popular in Korea to which i witnessed in the middle of a shopping district) i think dogs being tought to do what they were created to do is very good i do however know some people who i trade with and buy from that just want the Dobermann to be a working dog as they don’t like the fact that in many places it is becoming a common house pet/fancy non sporting item. Needless to say the fact that they are coming to be pets many people breed the natural protection instinct out of them so it is next to nothing for what it is meant to be so people like me have problems finding a good Dobermann but hey *shrugs*

But i apologize for my ramblings i tend to drift off and don’t know when to stop talking/typing ^-^

04/21/10  07:00pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Leoman911   In reference to Message Id: 2141958

Quote:

I would rather you train them then the army I seen with my own two eyes the meanest trainer on an army base back in DC he was yanking and choking the dog not understanding dog behavior

Well in my post just before i stated the correct way perhaps give him my name and address and i will meet him in Schutzhund next year, since i can’t attend this year. I don’t agree with violent training that brings out aggression that makes a dog a ticking time bomb and that you wlak on eggshells around since he/she will be unpredictable most likely full attacking his/her trainer and the target/criminal it is fixated on too.

04/21/10  07:05pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2142425

Just incase anyone is interested for a story and just to show it isn’t a walk in the park here is a online rule book, don’t worry its in English i couldn’t type a translate of 50 pages lol ^-^

Link

04/21/10  07:24pm

Reptilover1
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2142437

Leoman - at least your fights are with your mom over the animals. mine are with my husband; particularly with the beardie!!!

04/23/10  05:56pm

Leoman911
View Profile

Message To: Reptilover1   In reference to Message Id: 2142887

lol

04/24/10  01:42am

Leoman911
View Profile

Message To: Leoman911   In reference to Message Id: 2142944

well there gone and im kinda happy i guess............... now they will get the right care that they need in particular SHOTS

05/01/10  06:46pm

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area