Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

Tinetine   LizaB2008   HerpsinIN  
 Member  Message

Tinetine
View Profile

Doggie problems

alrighty.. i have a chihuahua and she hasnt really ever had problens before but the other day when i got home, i went to sit on the couch and after she landed on the couch (she jumped) she started yelping and crying. she followed me around with her tail and head down. she isnt doing it now but every once in a while when i roll over and bump her in bead, or at night when she is leashed, she starts yelping the same way she did before. it has been 2 days since the first incedent of yelping. she did it last night too. we thought it might be hip displasure. idk. any help. perhaps someone has had this experience before.

04/12/10  06:08pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Tinetine   In reference to Message Id: 2140106

Doggie problems

Hip Dysplasia is not very common in small breeds, so I doubt that that is the case. She may have bruised something. Have to tried examining her to find exactlt where the pain is coming from? I would take her to a vet and have her checked out for any serious injuries.

04/12/10  07:23pm

HerpsinIN
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2140137

Doggie problems

I would definitely get the dog to a vet. First thought that came to mind is a ruptured disk. Very serious injury. Of course it could be something else, but only a vet would be able to tell you.

04/12/10  09:44pm

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area