Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

Reptilover1   Ghastly   Ghastly   Reptilover1   Ghastly   Reptilover1   Ghastly   Reptilover1   Reptilover1   Ghastly   Reptilover1   Ghastly   Reptilover1   Ghastly   Reptilover1   Ghastly   Reptilover1   Ghastly   Reptilover1   Ghastly   Reptilover1  
 Member  Message

Reptilover1
View Profile

Ghastly, how are you feeling???

Pretty self-explanatory :)

03/31/10  01:54pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Reptilover1   In reference to Message Id: 2137521

Ah thank you needless to say im ok as can i be really i got a brace put on last Monday as i wouldn’t go toilet in my bed so i looked like i was 6 month pregnant as i held it all in for four days go me ^^ i am able to bend my knee’s a little now and can shrug my shoulders (as much as my neck brace will let me) i finally completed Tomb Raider the other week on the Wii as i thought my shoulders are moving a little so why not push them a bit more haha my mum and Al are helping me try and stand on my feet for a few seconds when they change my bed linen and take me to the bathroom only doing baby steps but hey they feel like climbing a mountain right now im chuffed with myself ^^
Had the doctor around yesterday or the day before (i have totally lost track of time let alone day) with me being bed bound its just to keep on track on my health i have lost 3 pounds and he is quite concerned about that along with other check ups he was doing which have kinda got me down in the dumps as due to them everything just seems so dull but thats another topic ^^;

But yeah all in all am wiggling, bending and shrugging don’t forget the baby steps too ^^ but thanks love ^^

03/31/10  06:20pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2137576

And despite being broken in half i still have my bubbly personality and am still making my family & friends chuckle which i suppose is a good thing especially for the state i am in ^^

03/31/10  06:44pm

Reptilover1
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2137582

Your welcome :) But I don’t understand.....why’r they concerned over 3 lbs? These things happen - good grief! I understand about the bedpan thing! A few years ago I had a major knee surgery and was in the hospital. Well, due to being on I.Vs I had to pee constantly - but refused the bedpan. So I just drug the i.v. unit into the bathroom everytime I needed to go LOL! The nurses didn’t know what to do with me! Well, I’ll be laid up in a couple of days. Have to have a c-section - didn’t think it would be for almost 3 more weeks, but may be as early as Friday. But that’ll be in a different post. Continue to feel better - don’t get too bored!!!!

03/31/10  11:48pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Reptilover1   In reference to Message Id: 2137661

Well i have fallen into the 10 stone category which for me being 6’ 2" apparently isn’t a good thing also with me being bed bound and eating what i want (which mainly consists of ham & cheese bagettes, gummy candy, strawberry, pineberry, grapes, yoghurt, cheese, milk and tons more cheese) all the dairy stuff isn’t good for me (tough luck really lived on it for 20 years why change now ^^) but they ran some tests my metabolism is playing up the car accident may have damaged my ovaries as i get awful pain from them which causes me to pass out so fingers crossed i can have kids and i got a Dexter scan when i was in the hospital but i cant remember what that was for ^^

Yeah i am trying to keep occupied Al is getting me more Playstation 3 and Wii games when he finishes work since ive finished them all ^^ and tv channels well what can i say about them there tv channels rubbish as always ^^

I wouldn’t blame you either i couldn’t do it it was the whole concept of peeing in a bed pan in my bed but eating and sleeping and Al sleeping in it too despite my bed is washed daily no i just couldn’t and the more i tried the more i couldn’t either ^^

Ah baby XD i love them only thing i don’t like is the umbilical cord and there nails *shudder* they creep me out something rotten ^^ i wish you all the best in the c-section and i have my fingers and toes crossed for you you mummy ^^

04/01/10  07:11am

Reptilover1
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2137711

Thanks! Well, hopefully your ovaries will be okay :( Please let me know!!! Sometimes an injury to that area can cause internal bruising and stuff and it not be quite as serious as it seems (especially if rib injuries and PELVIC injuries are involved. Oh yeah - a pelvic injury will make you think EVERYthing inside is messed up!!! But a friend in school was completely ran over - her pelvis was crushed and she couldn’t walk for a long time - and recently had a baby!!! it’s one of those things that’s meant to be, you know? If you’re meant to have a baby or whatever, then it’ll happen no matter what anyone or any doctor tells you!). So your metabolism sped up? Let me let you in on a little secret here......when I got pregnant MY metabolism sped up and I actually have lost weight - haven’t gained a SINGLE, SOLITARY lb. (how does that happen???). And drs/nurses were freaking out - kept asking if I was trying to lose weight and if I had an eating disorder (yeah - right). Then we moved here, I got a new doctor and he just told me that as long as the baby is growing and fine, that who really gives a crap!!! AHHHH, DAIRY! My favorite - especially cheese :) I don’t even have to take a calcium supplement cuz I love milk! But I’ve never heard of it making you lose weight - major constipation, yeah:) Keep me posted! LIZ
P.S. Wow- 6’2"! I’m only 5’3"! Tho my hubbie is 6’5" LoL

04/01/10  10:51am

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Reptilover1   In reference to Message Id: 2137744

I will definetly keep you posted and you also with the baby ^-^ gosh you have me worried now incase i got impregnated by a car haha. Thats really weird you usually hear about people gaining weight not staying the same or loosing it kudos to you though ^^ i have had the eating disorder question asked before i laugh and if i have a friend with me or Al they laugh too i would die if i missed a meal or a snack to place it bluntly and when they give you a sheet to write what you eat each day well they look at me as if to say "you are kidding me right" and i am all like "nope" with a smug face i am well and truely a human disposal bin and proud of it despite it will most likely catch up with me in later years but so far im happy ^^

cheese, milk, cheese and crackers with a glass of milk or a cheese sandwich yum yum yum gotta love it i currantly am in love with garlic cottage cheese on a cream cracker mmm

yeah 6’ 2" my boyfriend Al is 6’ 6" a inch taller than your man its craziness ^^

04/01/10  11:07am

Reptilover1
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2137745

Yeah well, that’s only a 4 inch height difference at least. Think about US walking down the street! It’s 14 freakin inches (must be why I’m only 36 weeks pregnant and she already weighs 8 lbs!!!). We have this one picture of us together where he is sitting down and I’m standing up - AND HE’S STILL TALLER THAN ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04/01/10  07:49pm

Reptilover1
View Profile

Message To: Reptilover1   In reference to Message Id: 2137818

IMPREGNATED BY A CAR, by the way??? Good grief!!! What’s your child support gonna be LOL???

04/01/10  07:52pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Reptilover1   In reference to Message Id: 2137820

Well your girl is definitely going to take after her dad by the sounds of it ^^ one of my best friends called Ash she is 5’ we are funny looking walking down the street also and if we go out for a couple of drinks she wears heels to look taller... but so do i so it doesn’t really work out ^^

My child support will be car insurance and my child health advisor will be a MOT test ^-^;

04/01/10  07:58pm

Reptilover1
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2137821

Oh.....I was thinking more along the lines of routine maintenance; 3 month changes, lifetime supply of gas, etc LOL

04/01/10  11:42pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Reptilover1   In reference to Message Id: 2137856

Pfft life supply i wish we get crap over here for children you do get child support money which is 1170.96NOK that is equivalent to 184.33 dollars per week here you don’t really get much for it a pack of baby grows, diapers, few jars of food and thats it really and that then stops when the child hits 16 or sometime’s 15 depending on what time of the year they were born. So free stuff i have to laugh lol ^^

04/02/10  09:03am

Reptilover1
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2137893

Was thinking about you.......have they done further follow-ups (on the ovaries and other possible internal injuries)?

04/05/10  12:47pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Reptilover1   In reference to Message Id: 2138569

I haven’t heard anything back yet on my ovary check up (crap hospital better off at a gp they do things quicker) but i have a slipped disc which is really annoying as it is above my tailbone. I only found that out as a week ago maybe longer i bent my right leg and got a terrible shooting pain up my leg that sent me in tears but the doctor has just left and told me i have a slipped disk so i am back up to Diclofenac Sodium 50mg painkillers and i was doing so well i was down to cocodomol in all... sorry for late update internet has been down :(

How is "bump" getting on? Have you had your section yet? if you have i hope it all goes smoothly!! xx

04/07/10  12:00pm

Reptilover1
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2139025

Hey - baby girl was born Monday night (April 5) at 10:23 p.m. She was 7 lbs and 15 oz and 20 inches long. Born by C-Section and was 3 weeks and 1 day early. She’s doing well and I’m okay. We’re both still here in the hospital but will likely go home tomorrow or Friday at the latest. In a reasonable amount of pain (I guess I never "got it" that with C-section they cut through and completely sever your stomach muscles!!!). I’m on Percocets and they make me SOOOOOO sleepy. But the hospital is the absolute worse place to try and sleep! People come in for the stupidest things! I just had a major surgery and people are irritating the heck out of me! Some dumb photographer came in 4 x today wanting to get her picture for the hospital website. Once I was nursing the baby and the photographer actually asked if it was a good time. I was not very pleasant! Then people have come in about insurance, about payments (LEAVE ME ALONE!!!), etc. Then I had a priest and a minister come in wanting to know if I wanted them to pray over her. Okay - I’m a very religious, spiritual person - but still................c’mon! Anyway, sorry about the rant :) Well, hopefully you’ll hear back soon about the rest of your tests. the slipped disk sort of explains a lot, doesn’t it???? I don’t recognize thekind of pain med. they’re giving you though. Maybe you should get one that makes you sleep - it’ll cut down on boredom lol!

04/07/10  08:53pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Reptilover1   In reference to Message Id: 2139132

Welcome to the world baby girl ^^ may i ask what baby girl has been named? Glad to hear yo both are getting along very well! I wouldn’t blame you about the photographer i can understand for a photo but not when you are feeding her that is a private thing let alone having it pasted on a website!! I wouldn’t blame you with the priest either that would wiggy me out since we got to them over here plus if it was my baby i would be lost as im jewish and Al isn’t a part of any religion ^^ id just be awkward and get my baby sent to Buddhism haha
But all in all i am SO glad to hear you both have gotten along very well and i wish you both the very best for the future!!!

Well im not sure how my slipped dsk happend as it occured when i was in bed but the doctor said it could of happened during the accident but taken its time to progress. The tablet are just a strong painkiller and anti inflammatory in one, oh i have sleeping tablets from when i had insomnia but im not allowed to take them at the moment :(

04/11/10  09:31am

Reptilover1
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2139766

I’d guess you’re not allowed to take the sleeping pills due to it probably reacting with others of your meds. but some of the pain meds make you very sleepy - that’s what I meant. Like Vicodin and Percocet. But shortly after my last message I stopped taking the pain med. too - it just made me too sleepy and middle of the night feedings were hard. So i’m just taking 800 mg. motrin. I guess it’s better than nothing!
Actually, I’m baptist/evangelical free and I think the minister, at least, was close. But I still didn’t want to be interrupted! Guess what - the last night I was there (thursday) a nurse actually WOKE me UP to see if I wanted something to help me sleep. I was so livid!!!
Her name is Hannah Sharilee. Eventually I’ll try and post some pics. But she’s having a few problems due to being born early and due to being breached in the womb. They kept her until Friday late afternoon - and almost kept her longer. As it was we had to take her to the pediatrician the very next a.m. She has some jaundice, but mostly she doesn’t want to wake up to eat (SOOOO sleepy) so she lost a lot of ounces right off the bat. She has to have an ultrasound next week on her hip. A lot of breach babies have problems like this where their legs are scrunched up in the womb (and she came out butt-first, so you can just imagine....). Something about the socket of the hip doesn’t form well around the ball joint due to this. A lot of babies can get by with being fitted for a sling/brace until they’re a year old - so hopefully it will only be this. But momma’s sad :(...............

04/11/10  04:29pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Reptilover1   In reference to Message Id: 2139865

Lol you were sleeping why wake you ^^

I like the name Hannah never heard of Sharilee before but i like it very unique!! do you pronounce it how it is spelled? I hope her hip does ok so she can run around like a idiot when she is a toddler and keeping you on your feets ^^ sounds rather painful coming out bum first (for you both) i hope the ultrasound goes well for her i shall keep my fingers and toes crossed for her!

04/11/10  04:36pm

Reptilover1
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2139868

They were idiots, that’s why!!! I was so fed up by the time I got out - I thought I’d scream by then!!! Sharilee is a combo of my husband’s sister’s name (Shari) and my husband’s middle name (Lee). It’s pronounced (Sharalee - like Sara and Lee). Course I couldn’t feel her coming out. I was awake with the C section but I had a spinal block and couldn’t feel anything from almost chest down (literally - I couldn’t even wiggle a toe). But anyway - thanks. Hopefully it’ll go well (don’t know yet when it’ll be -someday next week)................

04/11/10  05:24pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Reptilover1   In reference to Message Id: 2139882

Ah thats a really nice thought on the two name combinations!! Sorry i was half asleep when i typed the last post i somehow was thinking you would feel the baby coming out the same as if you were having a natural birth i think with it not being that common over here my head was up my backside ^^

04/12/10  12:31pm

Reptilover1
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2140028

C-sections aren’t common there? Here (if that’s what you meant) they really won’t even deliver a breach baby naturally - too dangerous for the baby and horrid for the mommy (though the surgery is not a barrel of laughs either). Plus my amniotic fluid was almost gone so there was no way for her to really flip upside down. Actually, I COULD feel but it wasn’t pain if that makes sense (not until later anyway!). I could feel pushing and pulling and tugging and major pressure. I could also feel the doc stapling me up (though again no pain). THAT was certainly a weird feeling! Well, Hannah’s ultrasound is tomorrow (tues) a.m. Still a little sad - I couldn’t even stand being in there while they kept drawing blood from her foot (jaundice)........

04/12/10  05:25pm

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area