Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

Ghastly   LizaB2008   Ghastly   LizaB2008   Ghastly   LizaB2008  
 Member  Message

Ghastly
View Profile

Liza

Was browsing through my laptop the other day and thought i would post these pics for you of Nelly since 1) you love Rotts and 2) unlike most people here despite not knowing her funny antics i would tell here are some photo’s of her i don’t have many of her on this laptop all the funny one’s and her lifestage growing up pics are on my other laptop but the mobo got fried and haven’t fixed it yet... Either way hope you enjoy ^^

10 weeks old going to visit the Elk dad caught her before she got trampled was living with my folks until she was 2 ^^

25 weeks

6 months

Happy first birthday

year and a half

just coming two

03/31/10  07:49am

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2137445

Liza

You know, despite the fact that her had is more massive and mastiff like then Zoe, they look alot alike body wise now that Zoe is starting to fill in, she’ll be 11 months April 15th. Zoe is 23 inches at the shoulder, and getting some crazy muscle tone. She was a beautiful girl, she looks like she would have been a character. Zoe doesn’t have those really dark rust marking she had, but she’s awsome. I’m really glad you posted those pics, you must have really shed some tears looking at them, I know I would have.

03/31/10  08:54am

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2137459

Liza

Her head could give any Mastiff and Bullie breed a run for there money!! she was 8 or 10 inches gap between her ears you had to hold her head up with both hands and that was a struggle how she done it each day i don’t know her weight before she died was 104 pounds as you know normal females are 92 approx and males are 110 but she wasn’t obese she was perfect for her build and i swear she was 28 inch at her shoulder needless to say she was huge but pure Rottweiler and if she wasn’t she was definitely mixed with a grizzly bear ^^

Plus it was funny when she got spayed they couldn’t carry her at all they had to get a table with wheels and roll her on to it and wheel her away ^^ it took four male vets to roll her and two of them to move the table one pushed the other pulled haha ^^

Nelly definitely had character there was no doubt about that from sitting on the quad bike seat for a ride, taking all the xmas gifts from under the xmas tree and putting them in a different corner, trying to catch her ears and tail then trying to catch Kimbas tail all the way to watching my old newt Bloo in her tank and licking the glass when she moved she totally wanted to gobble up Bloo ^^

And despite her size she always scared people my parents were getting Elk stolen from them at one point along with feed well i was out with Nelly for her night time toilet (Kimba was inside sleeping or she would have killed them she was a ex police dog) well Nelly spotted them or they spotted Nelly the men bolted in there van left the goodies they were stealing Nelly went bolting down to the gate and bounced around wagging her numbin and whining she wanted to play but they thought she was going for them needless to say they never came back ^^

Best thing ever you know how you get the little kiddie room divider that are only 5 inches in height? well my folks had one of them to separate Nelly and Kimba when we had guests just with them being so large and so many people and kids saves folk from getting knocked over well NElly would stand there tap dancing wanting to see us so you would say "Nelly come on then" and she would get excited walk forward a little hit this little 5 inch tall room divider and start whining it was so funny as all she had to do was lift her feet and she was over it it was the best thing ever and so funny you would just about kill yourself with laughter and one time when she was playing with her boomer ball she crashed into she would run a mile as if she was going to get a telling off she had character she truly did

Evan when she would fall or stumble cause of her tumor you couldn’t help but laugh at her for it she would fall or stumble in the most funniest of ways it would be funny if she done it in public you would laugh at her and she never minded but if she saw a strange person laugh at her she would start barking at them as if she was telling them to f-off

she was just the clown of all Rottweilers there was no joking about that and she liked Sundays as that has always been porridge for breakfast for all my dogs well she had a apron it was white with blue edging and little Rotties all over it you just had to show her that and put it on her and she knew what it meant! Nellys apron = PORRIDGE!!! its still hanging up on my kitchen door :( never been used nor worn she she last had it on it was hers and always will be.

But im going to stop rambling and having a memory lane trip am all teary eye’d ^^

03/31/10  09:22am

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2137463

Liza

It’s alright lady, i understand. Get it all out.

03/31/10  07:20pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2137590

Liza

Haha cheers you know what its like when you love something so much then its taken away from you they always say you don’t know how much you love something until its gone, now i know i loved Nelly to death and more and if i knew her op was going to kill her she wouldn’t have gotten it or i would have killed myself whilst she was on the table but evan though i knew how much i loved her when she was here that is only a small portion to what i have realised now... hopefully that makes sense in some sort of way

03/31/10  07:27pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2137593

Liza

It makes perfect sense. But we are merely human, we cannot control what happens, we try and make the choices we believe and best, even if they end in regret. At least you know you dide everything you could to try and save your dog and that is so much more then some people can say. i know that if push came to shove and Zoe had to have an operation like that I would probably make the same choice. It was just her time to go, she still watching you in spirit, protecting you while you don’t know it.

04/01/10  08:18am

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area