Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

Marissa4   Ammeratsu   Ghastly   ShadowAceD   Ghastly   LizaB2008   Ghastly   Marissa4   Reptilover1   KrazyKelli   Marissa4   Ghastly   LizaB2008   Marissa4   Reptilover1   Prettygirlpittie   LizaB2008   Marissa4   KrazyKelli   Prettygirlpittie   LizaB2008   KrazyKelli   LizaB2008   Rae rae   Marissa4   LizaB2008   Ghastly  
 Member  Message

Marissa4
View Profile

Ohh no

well we have noticed that our Olde English Bulldogge has been looken pregnant... and the only possible father would be our neighbors Chihuahua because that is the only dog that our dogs allow in our property....... Crud.

03/30/10  08:11pm

Ammeratsu
View Profile

Message To: Marissa4   In reference to Message Id: 2137344

Ohh no

Uhm. O.o Maybe you shouldn’t let an unfixed male around your unfixed female.

03/30/10  10:27pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Marissa4   In reference to Message Id: 2137344

Ohh no

HAHAHA all im imagining is a Old English bulldog body with a Chihuahua’s face and legs XD i have to agree someone needs a big ol’ trip to the vet

03/31/10  07:15am

ShadowAceD
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2137438

Ohh no

Yeah, Ghastly ... those will be some ... unattractive dogs for sure. x.x;;; And, yep ... agree with the above. Bob Barker was promoting this stuff for years.

03/31/10  07:26am

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: ShadowAceD   In reference to Message Id: 2137441

Ohh no

I have to agree i like Bulldogs and other Bullie breeds but not Chihuahuas can only imagine the outcome of the pups if she is pregnant!
The most funniest dog i have EVER seen was at a shelter in Oslo when i was at university he was a Dachshund Greyhound mix OMG it was bloody ugly but funny as hell, he looked like a Greyhound but with the long Dachshund body and the rust colour i almost pee’d myself i had to go to the toilet it was so funny and when i came back from the toilet we were told the dad was the Dachshund that just started me off evan more i ended up getting dismissed from class oh it was so funny so funny 2 year later im still chuckling about it typing lol ^^

03/31/10  07:54am

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2137446

Ohh no

Come on guys, they will just look like mini English Bulldogs, not chihuahua’s with bulldog heads or bodies, lol, funny as that might look thats not the was canine genetics work. I’d like to know how the tied without you, the owner, knowing or seeing it........thats what really confuses me, man the chihuahua must have really been in some pain. You need to take her to the vet, it could just be a false pregnancy because the likelyness of those two breeds tying without you knowing, unless your leaving something out, is very unlikely. But just to be safe, take her and have blood work ran to find out for sure if she is or isn’t.

03/31/10  09:00am

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2137460

Ohh no

Don’t spoil the fun hopefully it is just a false/phantom pregnancy but head to the vets to be sure

Im still chuckling on a bulldog Chihuahua mix XD

03/31/10  09:27am

Marissa4
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2137464

Ohh no

hahaha yeah there going to be some extremely ugly puppies, we use to alway joke about a bulldog chihuahau mix. guess we just jinxed ourselfs lol. were hoping its false, but if not i guess i’ll post some beautiful pictures and answer the question we’ve all been wondering.

and dont worry we have an appointment set up already for the vet.

03/31/10  11:58am

Reptilover1
View Profile

Message To: Marissa4   In reference to Message Id: 2137493

Ohh no

Ya’ll are hilarious! IDK, "ugly" can be can be kind of relatively speaking, you know? How about a chihuahau’s body with a big ol bulldog head/face? LOL

03/31/10  01:39pm

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: Reptilover1   In reference to Message Id: 2137512

Ohh no

A bulldog and a chihuahua? I sense a pug-like puppy, don’t you?

Have you informed the owner of the weeny dog yet that it may have impregnated your dog? It would only be fair. Then you can shove half the litter into their responsibility (or at least give them one). I’m sure the offspring will be enough to convince the both of you to fix-er-up.

This is Bob Barker reminding YOU control the pet population. Link

03/31/10  02:32pm

Marissa4
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 2137530

Ohh no

well to inform you guys who are worried about over population, so I am, and i can promise you that things are being tooken care of.

we are very isolated with the exceptions of those neighbors, there is a slight possibility that it could be a cyote.. but willow and koening (sad but true) would have it killed before it could reach Jorja. and they like our neighbor’s dog, so only like three times a year the little stinker has shown up because their daughter left their door open?? idk. they said something like that. and he did happen to be in our yard one day when Jorja was in heat.

we really like our neighbors and they do soooo soo much for us already that we are not going to put any responsibility on them, but we have notified them about this accident.

I just pray that if she is pregnant, then that it a very very small litter.

Ohh and i googled a picture and i found one on flickr.. i think its actually kinda cute lol

03/31/10  05:10pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Marissa4   In reference to Message Id: 2137559

Ohh no

I have my fingers and toes crossed for you that it is false!!

Lol it has a bubba bottom lip XD

03/31/10  06:28pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2137580

Ohh no

I’m telling you! They’ll lookmlike miniature bulldogs. Not chihuahua’s with bulldog head or vice versa, Good call on the pug look alike krazy Kelli, but i was thinking more boston terrier look alike.......

03/31/10  07:13pm

Marissa4
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2137588

Ohh no

thanks ghastly. mine are too

03/31/10  08:06pm

Reptilover1
View Profile

Message To: Marissa4   In reference to Message Id: 2137599

Ohh no

I think the pic you showed is adorable (but then again i am one huge SAP)!!!

03/31/10  11:38pm

Prettygirlpittie
View Profile

Message To: Reptilover1   In reference to Message Id: 2137654

Ohh no

It may not be the most popular answer, but what about for your dogs safety a spay/abort? And no it is not something I say often, but given that bulldogs have a hard time giving birth... Oh I dont know. I just hope that it is false.

04/01/10  03:42am

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Prettygirlpittie   In reference to Message Id: 2137697

Ohh no

She’s not an English Bulldog, she’s an Old English. The Englidh Bulldogs are the ones that have to have C-Sections because their gate is so narrow, Old English have a wider gate. Why would you suggest spay/abort??? That could actually be more dangerous for the mother then a C-Section, especially since she’s already showing. I’m sure it’s just a false pregnancy, I honestly don’t see a chihuahua successfully mounting and tying with an Old English Bulldog.

04/01/10  08:09am

Marissa4
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2137718

Ohh no

Liza is exactly right, Olde English Bulldogge give birth naturally and if it is a Chihuahau she will not have any problems because the babies would be even smaller. Spaying would not be an option because we actually breed Olde English Bulldogges, or she would have been fixed right away. I really dont picture a Chihuaha mounting a big dog easily, but i’ve heard stories of the females laying down. Jorja has had a false pregnancy before, so i pray thats what it is... but she also has had a litter of 11 puppies. But only the vet and time will tell.

04/01/10  11:51am

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Ohh no

You’d be surprised, Liza. I’ve seen chihuahua rottweiler mixes before. It’s surprising what a dog that small that get up on.

04/01/10  12:30pm

Prettygirlpittie
View Profile

Ohh no

actually spay/abort is a fairly safe procedure, I have worked with a few vets that have also said so because I once had doubts about it.(I have never done it) And like I said I do not often recommend it but in my head I had the wrong breed as the OP has told me. I was thinking about the safety of the mother.

04/01/10  01:46pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Prettygirlpittie   In reference to Message Id: 2137760

Ohh no

Spay/abort is not a safe procedure. The uterus is much larger then it normally would be when they are pregnant, causing more problems then a normal say would. I’ve seen it happen in the ER, it’s not pretty and we’ve had five dogs have major complications after.

I can see a chihuahua breeding with larger dogs, I know it’s possible. Just hard to believe lol. I had a guy come in with a Saint Bernard, he had bred her with a chihuahua and was scared the puppies might slip out because her vulva was so big......what a retard.

04/02/10  10:00pm

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2138026

Ohh no

Actually, the St Bernard owner has a right to be worried about the resulting puppies. I know of a story over a rottieXchihuahua puppy litter having major complications due to the different gene pools. Most of the puppies of the litter ended up having very small bodies and overly-large heads, their brain growing way bigger than it was supposed to. All of those puppies had, of course, been stillborn or died shortly after birth. One of the surviving dogs, while it started out smaller than a normal puppy, ended up looking like a chihuahua with rottie markings. Was adorable.

04/03/10  02:50pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 2138112

Ohh no

Yeah, but the puppies falling out....really?

04/04/10  07:25pm

Rae rae
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2138405

Ohh no

okay, here’s the secret to a spay/abort procedure....IT IS A C SECTION! she is cut open and the puppies are taken out just exactly if she was having a c section. we spay dogs all the time..and cats that are pregnant. if they are far enough along, we will actually charge the same fee as a c section, because that’s basically what was done. i really don’t like doing that. i hate being the one to take the pups encased still in the rows of sacs and just having to throw them away....at any age. no you can’t see the pups or kittens, but i know they’re in there. my boss/vet has been doing this for 30 years, and not once have i ever said it was a more dangerous surgery than a c section.

generally i would say a c section is more dangerous...only because usually when a dog comes in that needs one, it’s a life or death situation to begin with...that’s why the dog’s there. other than that, i really have to say that the risks are the same. the procedures are pretty much the same as well. she goes to sleep with pups, and wakes up with none. if you’re wanting to breed a dog that has to have a c section then there’s definitely more risk to the puppies because they have to undergo the sedation along with mama dog and that can be hard to wake them up from. of course if a dog is in heat/pregnant, it makes the surgery a little more difficult for obvioius reasons. everything is more swollen on the inside, or you have puppies in the way. but comparing c section to a spay/abort i think you’ll find that the risks are the same.

if all else fails...ask the vet. my vet doesn’t seem to think one is more dangerous than the other, but ask yours.

04/05/10  01:22am

Marissa4
View Profile

Message To: Rae rae   In reference to Message Id: 2138483

Ohh no

well my vet said that it would not be good for her and she highly recognmended that we dont abort the pups for the mommy’s sake. but it doesnt matter because guess what! It’s False!!!!!! :)

04/09/10  05:56pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Marissa4   In reference to Message Id: 2139494

Ohh no

Yay :)

04/10/10  04:35pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Marissa4   In reference to Message Id: 2139494

Ohh no

Awesome news!!!!!!!! (.^-’)b